Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

The Official INDIANA Thread

75K views 1K replies 116 participants last post by  Sterben 
#1 · (Edited)
ok I have seen alot of ppl from IN around this forum and i think we
need a dedicated thread.

this would be a good place to talk about meets and where ppl live

mmmmm kay.....just to start I live in Fort Wayne and will be going to the University of Cincinnati in the fall

#177 ·
I don't know how many people would be interested but sometime around the beggining of June my job back in Fort Wayne, when I am not in the Iraq, has an open dyno day. Last year there was a huge all Pontaic car show and had around 200 cars in it. It was a huge huge turn out and I definately recommend coming to this years. If not to dyno your car but to atleast see the cars getting dynoed. Last year we had a Supra doing something short of 800 whp. And our all out big block NHRA car pushing over 1100 whp. Definately fun times. I will get you time and date later whe it comes closer. If I get enough of an interest in this I can possible get a sepperate parking lot to a neighboring business to let us use their lot strickly for the Tibs in not a big area for us to park together kinda thing. Let me know if your interested and I will starting working on something when I get back.

#179 ·
TuscaniGTSC2 said:
I don't know how many people would be interested but sometime around the beggining of June my job back in Fort Wayne, when I am not in the Iraq, has an open dyno day. Last year there was a huge all Pontaic car show and had around 200 cars in it. It was a huge huge turn out and I definately recommend coming to this years. If not to dyno your car but to atleast see the cars getting dynoed. Last year we had a Supra doing something short of 800 whp. And our all out big block NHRA car pushing over 1100 whp. Definately fun times. I will get you time and date later whe it comes closer. If I get enough of an interest in this I can possible get a sepperate parking lot to a neighboring business to let us use their lot strickly for the Tibs in not a big area for us to park together kinda thing. Let me know if your interested and I will starting working on something when I get back.
i'll try to make it to this, you know like i have promised to the last 2 years in a row or whatever LOL but i'm gonna ACTUALLY really try to come down for it this time!

#180 ·
BLACKTIBBY317 said:
I'm that modded tib i think...I am the only one in Greenwood i know of...!!! i have the black supercharged one with lambos....i moved though to the north side, but am in Greenwood all the time....where do u go to school? i went to Center Grove!
Nope....not you. The one I've seen is blue.....T badges, body kit. etc......lives off of Co Line Road near Carefree edition. I went to Greenwood.......many years ago. Grad in '92. I still live like I'm 21 though....heh heh. Some of us should definitely get together come springtime. Hopefully I can afford to have a few things done to mine by then :fingerscrossed:

#181 ·
Silver05SE said:
Nope....not you. The one I've seen is blue.....T badges, body kit. etc......lives off of Co Line Road near Carefree edition. I went to Greenwood.......many years ago. Grad in '92. I still live like I'm 21 though....heh heh. Some of us should definitely get together come springtime. Hopefully I can afford to have a few things done to mine by then :fingerscrossed:

So it has a body kit and u call it "MODDED" hmm....ok....also...my friend has a blue one with the min Wide body kit, but it looks terrible

#182 ·
i saw a red wide body kitted Tibb at a Collision shop here in Lafayette, looked absoultely horrible. it was already fixed too. the wheels were stuck way inside the kit. needed wheel spacers bad...lol looked like the person just tore the CRAP outta that car...

#183 ·
jas72 said:
i saw a red wide body kitted Tibb at a Collision shop here in Lafayette, looked absoultely horrible. it was already fixed too. the wheels were stuck way inside the kit. needed wheel spacers bad...lol looked like the person just tore the CRAP outta that car...

yea there is a blue one with a widebody that lives out at jefferson commons that looks like chit too. body work was terrible, paint was worse and it had some god awful cheap chrome plated split 5 spoke wheels that looked like they need like 2" spacers. it was horrible. i had to look across the parking lot at it every day.

#185 ·
Sweet I'm game for an Indy meet. Hell I'll go out that same night that the meet is. I know a few girls down there that I can get to come out with us if we have enough people that want to go out. Lets get a date together for the first Indiana meet of the year!

#188 ·
BLACKTIBBY317 said:
yea..i'll be 21 april 25, but i dont drink or care to go out and drink.....but whatever people wanna do after the meet is cool with me.....i mean...i'll go to like buffalo wild wings or something and chill, but im not a bar guy!

we found the DD!!!! we just need to rent a van now.

#191 ·
Hell yeah I'm down I'll need me an assload of drinks cause I can't drink here on this base. It'll have been like 5 months by that time since I had my last drink

#195 ·
So are we all thinking of sometime in the end of April beginning of May then? And Down in Indy somewhere?

#196 ·
im thinking early to middle may........we can get a specific date later, but hopefully anytime past may 7th or so....wait for the college guys to get out of school. yea....Could be Indy or somewhere like that...A central location...someone suggested near the Indianapolis speedway......There is always the "suds" in Greenwood where there is about 200 cars every saturday.....or we could go to West Washingtons Street, or Noblesville Square.....there are plenty of places!

#197 ·
Sounds good I look forward to it. More time for me to get boosted about 330whp or so.

#199 ·
BLACKTIBBY317 said:
WOAH WOAH!!! 330WHP......thats gonna require BIG BIG injectors...BIG fuel pump stage 1 or maybe 2 fuel rails.......good luck...u can help me with mine when ur done!

You will see when it's done. :3_smile: It will drive better than it ever did stock. That's if I ever get back stateside.... god this trip is lasting forever and a day. I have all the parts already just need to install everything once I am back.

#201 ·
yea suds was bought out by someone else, but they still might have it...but all those cars have to go somewhere...Im sure their will be a different location...they might head up to washington street, or make a new place.......all those cars haev to go somewhere....HEAK people might just showin up!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.