Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

The Unofficially-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread

Tags
ohio
113K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  docshaun 
#1 ·
The Ohio thread is rediculously huge...how about we move local conversations to this thread? I think there are enough of us in the area now to have a central Ohio thread.

...continuing from the last post...

You know I'm in. I just got slammed with 9 simultaneous projects in November (not by choice) and I'm still dealing with them, so I had to put EVERYTHING on hold, including a social life.

#3 ·
Re: The Unoffical-Official CENTRAL OHIO Thread

Chad.... did you happen to notice how I changed my quote under my name? It no longer says I'm better than you... now that you are up and running with the turbo... lol ;)

#5 · (Edited)

Also... to anybody that may be interested.... I found a fun program that will allow you to make about 20+ different themes to any picture.... let alone about 50 more normal ones. Here is an example of the front of my tib turned into a "blueprint" it picks up right down to the very last detail and I think its kinda cool... there are a ton of other themes you can do, I just have to get going so I cant show you them all. If you want me to do something to a pic just send it to me and I'll send it back:

]

#6 ·

Huh? What's the difference between doing this and running filters in something like photoshop?

btw, I gots some fun mods on the way! But my lips are zipped until spring. :3_wink:

#7 ·

Huh? What's the difference between doing this and running filters in something like photoshop?

btw, I gots some fun mods on the way! But my lips are zipped until spring. :3_wink:
Don't know.... I don't have photoshop.... so i thought it was pretty cool Lol....

What is in the works Chad?

#8 ·

yea i got dropzone springs sitting here and i also have the VIS cyber CF hood coming (brand new and for free, long story though) I think the cyber hood and the what is it PSC or PCS or whatever hood are the same exact thing.

#11 ·

so anyone ever done brakes? I got the caliper and stuff of but i gotta put the new pads in and i have never done it....

#12 ·

Nope, sorry. No clue about brakes. They scare me...at least if I blow my engine the car will just not move. If I screw up brakes, the car will not STOP. Hehe, I'm sure they're easy enough, but I just haven't had a reason to mess with 'em yet.

#13 ·

Nope, sorry. No clue about brakes. They scare me...at least if I blow my engine the car will just not move. If I screw up brakes, the car will not STOP. Hehe, I'm sure they're easy enough, but I just haven't had a reason to mess with 'em yet.
me either. Oh well i will figure it out. To advance i go. . . . .lol

#15 ·
yea i'm sure i can figure it out.... i have done motor swaps, auto- manual conversion, OBD2- OBD1 conversion lol. So i'm sure i can figure out brakes... it's just i have never done them before so i'm a bit iffy on them. I'm gonna have to wait though because it's raining. I did manage to get the parts though

#17 · (Edited)
if they go i will probably go because heratik lives 5 minutes from me and tibbyturnedtuscani lives probably 20 minutes from me. Also i will have my new VIS CYBER CF hood and lowering springs on by then :3_shiny:

i think we should have a national meet somewhere in the middle of the united states so we can get a ton of tibs from the west coast as well. .. .. that would be sick. I'm not talking about now, i mean later on. I know when i had a probe they use to have a national meet at myrtal beach every year and they did it for like 10 years (i know i spelled that wrong lol) They use to call it myrtal madness.

#19 ·
i think there will be more then that by june.. . . My girl just bought an 08 GS so i could bring her to haha. Also i have a couple tib friends that are not on NT.

#22 ·
sounds good sir. I will update you on if i will be attending as well as who i will be bringing with me :3_winkthu

#23 ·
Thanks for the invite, CMau, but It ain't happenin' for me. I have a wife and 3 kids + 2 jobs that never rest. All hell would break loose if I left for 3-4 days. On top of that, I already have to travel too much as it is. No way in hell I'm driving to NY. Besides, I don't trust a custom turbo'd car on a drive that long. Sorry guys. :3_saai:

#25 ·
looks good man i like the color! What all do you have done to it?

#27 ·
I wouldn't say stock...maybe not performance-modded, but I see red-outs, wheels, tinted headlights (i think?). Looks great to me. Some tint and a drop would be killer. I'm glad to see a different color around...I don't think there are any other moonlit blue tibs in the area.

#28 ·
damn you chad and your sweet signature..... i really need to learn how to photoshop

#29 ·
:3_chubby: That was actually an experiment. I use Fireworks for most of my stuff since I usually just do graphic chopping for the web, but I decided it was time to start learning the big boy apps. I am slowly learning Photoshop. Believe me, that took WAY longer to make look decent than I care to admit. :3_saai:

#30 ·
Chad....care to make me a new sig? Will you keep the TTT's in it though, they can be larger/smaller, whatever you think is best......

:) I will take some new pics that you can probably work with... let me know!

#31 ·
CMAU go ahead and put me on the maybe list for the meet now... can you re-send me the link?

THanks man!

And CaliTib I cant wait to see your car in person! What rims did you get, any pics?

#35 ·
I got the azul sprint 5. black with chrome lip. i do have pictures but for some reason my
laptop is not opening any files from my camera when i plug in the usb

#37 · (Edited)
haha yea your car already sticks out in the little "group" because of the color. Seems like everyone has black tibs..... I wish i would have got a white one to be honest lol

also i saw you were looking into getting an intercooler... matt has a couple used ones if you would be interested. He will be over here in a few i could see which ones he has. If not that's fine just thought i would throw it out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.