Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Parts for Sale Problems/Non-Receipt Thread

35K views 87 replies 48 participants last post by  oni888 
#1 · (Edited)
With the intent of making the for sale section a little more member-friendly, I am adding this thread. If any member has issues with another member not sending purchased items, or anything along those lines, please use this thread to let me know. Please only post in this thread if you have given the seller ample time to get your product to you, and only if the seller IS NOT working with you to resolve the situation.

Please follow these steps:

1. Post a link to the "For Sale" thread that you are having issues with here, as well as a description of your issues.

2. Post a negative feedback thread. Keep it clean. We are not inclined to help those who result to name calling and act like 3yr olds.

3. DO NOT start threads about the member in question, or post snide remarks in their for sale threads. I will take care of what I can on my end in those regards.

DISCLAIMER: In no way am I assuring members that they will get their money back, receive their product, or find complete resolve in all situations. I am simply offering my help in doing what I can as a Moderator on the site. The primary purpose of me doing this is so I might be able to prevent other member's from sending money to a potentially fraudulant seller.

All sales and purchases are at the risk of the individuals involved. Please be certain that you make safe and intelligent payment arrangements. NewTiburon.com is not responsible/liable for any sales that go uncompensated. We are also not responsible/liable for any item advertised for sale in this area, or the integrity of that product's representation.

See less See more
#35 ·
#37 ·
Bad luck I guess. =\

#40 ·
#41 ·
Still haven't heard anything from him =\

#48 ·
Apparently you don't read the warnings? Don't buy stuff from people with low post counts and negative rep.

He hasnt been on in 5 days. I put him in lockdown and locked his threads but this one looks like a grab and run. You also need to be more active in those threads getting in the seller's face instead of sitting back.

#46 ·
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157954

reasons for this
i purchased a set of ssa headers and sent the money on 3-23 i heard back tht day tht he was going to ship the next day. this was the last i have heard from him. I have sent him messages on 4-2, 4-14, and 4-20 regarding arrival of the headers, and have yet to hear anything. I filed a pay pal dispute on 4-20 and have yet to hear from him regarding tht as well

#52 ·
executioner and midnightshadow. this was the lame a$$ excuse the buyer gave. did you receive any funds back? Knowing how paypal works, they don't give out free money if the seller has no funds in the account.

Weak a$$ excuse:
What i dont understand is why am I on a "lockdown" how gay, Everyone paid through paypal. LISTEN EVRYONE ONE SOOOO IT REGISTERS 4 you. If you pay through paypal and dont reccieve your item you have 45days you all should know you went through processs and you can file a compliant in that time if the complaint go unsolved you win judgement and your money back. I sold my parts in my part-out 2 cheap and didnt have enuough for shipping or to refund you'lls money so i let paypal do it oyu understand. judical review how lame there is nothing judical about this its a car website lol

if you don't get your money back, I will release his personal information to the site.

#55 ·
Well I kinda knew he would have no funds for paypal to issue a refund:

"After careful review, we have determined that the seller is at fault but
regret to inform you that we were unable to recover any funds from the
seller's account.

We'll make every effort to recover the funds from the seller although we
can't guarantee you will receive a refund."

Greatly appreciate the concern and time you take to try to help sort out things.

#57 ·
Hello, I am having a problem with Speedy. I purchased a set of tail lights from his garage sale thread over 2 months ago: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161421&highlight=speedy's+garage . I paid on May 17 through paypal. After a couple weeks or so I sent him a message asking if he had shipped them yet and he said no and that he was having problems with his car but he would try to get them out by the end of the week. So another couple weeks later I asked again and he said no sorry he was still having problems with his car and he would try to get them out by the end of the week again, so being the nice guy that I am I set it aside for a while until he got his car up and going again. I lost track of how many messages I sent total but the last 2 or 3 I havn't even gotten a response back. I've been really patient and understanding but he seems to just be blowing me off lately. Anything you can do would be much appreciated. I am still willing to accept the tails if he plans on shipping them anytime soon if not then I would like a refund.

Thank you much,
Cameron

#58 ·
Hi. I've been PMing GeneralPatton for a while now and I have posted in this thread:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166395

I haven't had any response. I paid for an item (catch can) a month ago and haven't had any contact and the item wasn't shipped. I've been trying to get a refund but he won't respond. He has been bumping his other for sale thread and posing in other threads. MindHacker is having the same problem. I just want my money back, I'm not interested in him shipping the item after a month of waiting.

Cheers.

#59 · (Edited)
+1, I posted, PM'ed, and opened a paypal dispute / escalated it to a claim, and he continues to ignore me.

Update, paypal resolved everything, refund issued. Still no communication from the GeneralPatton, but that doesn't really matter at this point.

#60 ·
Well, 8 days since I posted in here, and still haven't heard from GeneralPatton. I can only assume the mods aren't subscribed to this thread either.

So I finally opened a PayPal dispute and got my money back.

Would have prefered to work things out with the guy personally.

#62 ·
yea i was pretty much the only one who watched this thread. i have a suggestion for you........ report your post. that way every mod/admin gets an email about it. otherwise u gotta realize there are a crap load of threads on this board and they cant read every one.

#63 ·
Yeah, it's cool man. I know the mods have a lot to deal with. :)

I reported the post a few days ago as well. Never heard anything back though. I didn't want to do it again and have them get cranky, lol.

I hope the mods do see this stuff though, because he's still bumping his other for sale threads. I just don't want anyone else having the same problems that MindHacker and I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.