New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums - View Single Post - Question: 03 Tiburon Headlight (Amber lens removal and painted housing)
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM
optimummind
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level
Re: Question: 03 Tiburon Headlight (Amber lens removal and painted housing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark2003 View Post
Hello fellow Tiburon owners! I have an 03 Tiburon, and bought aftermarket black taillights. I am interested in putting the halo rings into my headlights, and removing the amber lens. But what I am curious about is, if I paint the inside of the headlights housing with black paint to match the taillights, am I running a risk of it catching fire or making my headlights not work because of the housing not being silvery and reflective anymore?

Any tips, or personal stories on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
It's fine to paint the bezels black. Here is a photo of my Tib with the bezels painted with semi-gloss black.

When painting them, just be sure to use high-temperature paint or the paint will begin to peal off after a while (it happened to me. =P) I used Home Depot's Ultra High Temperature BBQ paint and it's been good since then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=멤버프로파일:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome