Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Cracked radiator

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  NativeTib 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody else have the top of their radiator housing crack? I smelled coolant while driving around today, but saw no signs of dripping. Took off the plactic cover over the top of the radiator and found a hair line split in the housing about 6 inches long that's slowly weeping coolant! I'm beyond the 60K mile warranty.

#2 ·
Well I guess from the lack of responses that it's not a common issue; I'm the lucky one with the lemon :3_saai:

Picked up an aftermarket radiator for $172 shipped and in stock. The best discount Hyundai price I found was $250 and had to be special ordered. It was a direct replacement and fit perfectly.

#4 ·
Yeah, I had the same happen about 6 months ago. Hairline crack right below the rad cap. Bought an autozone radiator, new stant rad cap and low temp thermostat, coolant, and water wetter for about $200. Everything was a direct swap...the new rad even came with fittings.

#6 ·
Arghhh!! same thing happened to me today too!! wtf..lol driving around, smell antifreeze...look under the hood and seen it spittin out antifreeze from a hairline crack right under the radiator cap...grrrrr RIGHT BEFORE DROPFEST....and i have like 250$ for spending at this car show..now im gunna have none!! :( Boooooo

#9 ·
Me too. Same place. Just adding it to the list of crap wrong with my 03 GT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.