New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums - View Single Post - Want to build a custom exhaust? Read this first!
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Spartacus
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of lightSpartacus is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Re: Want to build a custom exhaust? Read this first!

technically any exhaust modifications are illegal, but its not enforced. However, if you drive around with no resonator and no mufflers, expect to be pulled over. You may like loud, but nobody around you, especially the police, does.

Like I said, you can just get 2" mufflers and replace the stock mufflers, and it will be louder. You won't gain any performance (maybe a couple HP, but the stock pipe size and the crush bends and y-pipes are really restrictive without too much help from the res/mufflers), but deleting the resonator and replacing the stock mufflers with a good muffler will make your car sound pretty good without being a police-magnet. I bought my car with a setup like that, and it did sound good, but it was too ghetto for my taste so I built a proper exhaust for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Spartacus; 09-20-2012 at 10:27 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome