Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

XG530 VS Tib SE Factory BBK Calipers

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  The-steak 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to brake upgrades so excuse the stupid questions. Having a boosted tib, I find myself in need of more braking power since I smelled cooked brakes during tuning pulls.

Ok first question. I have an option of buying front calipers from an XG350 with R1 Concepts rotors or a set from an SE Tib, which apparently had an option to get bigger calipers from the factory. Those calipers are aluminum, and come with drilled rotors too. I'm assuming those are different calipers, so which one should I go with?

Second question: is there an option to upgrade to bigger calipers in the back as well? If so, is it worth it? I know most braking happens on the front axle.

Question three: Do we have an option of upgrading the brake lines to something like steel braided? What are my options here?

Thank you very much ahead of time everyone.

PS Don't mind the misspelling in the thread title. I means XG350.

See less See more
#2 ·
The XG350 is a nice set. Little unneeded if for daily driving, but def a huge increase from stock. They are dual piston vs the single piston of stock. Do you know what year the XG350 are coming from? I know the early year XG350 are lower and your need 11" rotors, where as the 2005-2006 models and up use a 12" rotor. IMHO I would go with the XG350. Just figure out the year of the calipers so you can select the correct rotors. Many companies make stainless steel brake lines for our tibs, but try and choose a repeatable one like summit racing or something along those lines and avoid eBay knock offs. Not very many people make rear upgrades. There are a couple posts around here that have lists of people selling them.. but you'll pay about $1500 for a rear set. If you are looking for stopping power to help match the bigger set up front, get a good semi metallic set for the rear and ceramics up front. I know mix and match can be a pain but it'll help balance out the load

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.