Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

03-05 Tiburon Wiring Diagrams Reference Thread

138K views 84 replies 45 participants last post by  04newtib_Sully21 
#1 · (Edited)
03-05 Tiburon Wiring Diagrams & Box-Fiberglassing Reference Thread

These are diagrams for the 03-05 Tiburon stereos and alarm/ remote start systems.

This will help out new members when trying to connect a new stereo, speakers, alarms/remote start systems.

03-05 Tiburon GT w/ Amp (Amp located on rear driver’s side quarter panel)

This is for those who install new headunits with the Infinity System. If you have no sound when coming from your speakers, and you know that you connected everything correct, well you didnt. You have to relocate the AMP REMOTE wire on your harness on the aftermarket harness. On the stock harness the AMP REMOTE wire is pin # 12 and it should be White/ Orange. Just move the wire on the new harness and it should work.

Viper 791xv car alarm/remote start wiring diagram is now available.

VIPER 791 Manual

There seems to be some differences in wiring from 02-03 and 04-05 and from auto's to manual. Now the wiring that I have for the alarm system is for the 04-05 manual models.

Here is a site that Rickna found (thanx Rick), the wiring IS different, so please take a look at this, please choose the correct year for your car because the wiring maybe different. 2002 + Wiring Diagrams

BOX Building Websites - Speaker Enclosures - Materials - Types of wood - MDF - Fiberglassing

http://www.lalena.com/Audio/FAQ/Build/
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/
http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/index.php
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/f-46.html
http://www.the12volt.com/

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: 03-05 Tiburon Wiring Diagrams..

BOTH INFORMATION ON POST 1 IN MICROSOFT WORD AND ON POST SHOULD BE THE SAME

Other Useful Wires

Ignition:
12 volts (+) Red
Starter (+) White
Ignition (+) Red
1st Acc. (+) Pink
2nd Acc. (+) Orange
Keysence (-) Blue/Orange

Door Locks
Power Locks Blue or Yellow (BCM) 12 Pin Connector (used to lock and unlock)
Lock Motor Green (BCM) 22 Pin Connector
Unlock Motor Green/Black (BCM) 22 Pin Connector

Lights
Left Parking Light (+) Pink/Black (BCM) 22 Pin Connector
Right Parking Light (+) Green/Orange (BCM) 22 Pin Connector
Parking Lights Blue/Orange (Headlight Switch)
Hazards White (Hazard Switch)

Turn Signal L Yellow/Black (Steering Column)
Turn Signal R Blue/Black (Steering Column)

Reverse Light Gray (BCM) 22 Pin Connector

Door Trigger Yellow (BCM) 22 Pin Connector

Trunk Pin Green/Black (BCM) 12 Pin Connector
Hood Pin Green/Orange (BCM) 23 Pin Connector

Trunk Release (+) Blue (Drivers Side Kick Panel)

Tachometer White (Passender Side Kick Panel) 23 Pin Connector

SPS (Speed Pulse Sensor (Speed Sence)) Brown Wires Data link Connector 3

Brake Wire (+) White Brake Pedal Switch (Behind Brake Pedal)

Parking Brake (E- Brake) (-) Blue/Black (Drivers Side Kick Panel) 15 Pin Connector

Horn Trigger (-) Green/Black Steering Column

Aftermarket Alarms:
In order to make aftermarket Alarm System work with the Anti-theft alarm the vehicle has, disable the stock alarm by unlocking the car with your remote. Make sure this is the last function.

Important Information about Immobilzer in Hyundai's (Remote Start Purposes Only):

USA Hyundai does not have an immobilizer.
Canadian/European Hyundai have an immobilizer. You need to bypass the immobilizer if you want to connect a remote start to your vehicle.

You need to order this part:
Transponder
Part # 556U or 555U

#5 ·

Quick question on these diagrams, I can't find anywhere on there that says what the + and what the - wire is on the speakers. I need to get around to putting my speakers in my doors, but I'm unsure what wire is + and what wire is - for the woofers and tweeters.

#7 ·

CarbonBluetiful said:
Quick question on these diagrams, I can't find anywhere on there that says what the + and what the - wire is on the speakers. I need to get around to putting my speakers in my doors, but I'm unsure what wire is + and what wire is - for the woofers and tweeters.
from where i was able to take these diagrams they didnt display witch is + and -... sorry man... hopefully I will get around and start figuring more things out.

#10 ·
#19 ·

okay people are going to kill me, but it seems like there are differences in wiring from 02-03 and 04-05. now the wiring that i have for the alarm system is for the 04-05 models.

Here is a site that Rickna found (thanx Rick), the wiring IS different, so please take a look at this.

2002-2003 Tiburons
2004-2005 Tiburons

#20 ·

FYI :

18 Pin Connector Amp (M63-2)

Wire Color Pin #

Woofer Black/Orange 1
Woofer Green 2
Woofer Green/Orange 9
Woofer Black 10

L. Tweeter White 3
L. Tweeter Brown 11

R. Tweeter Black 4
R. Tweeter Yellow 12

FR Speaker Yellow 5
FR Speaker Black 15

FL Speaker White 13
FL Speaker Brown 14

RR Speaker Orange 6
RR Speaker Gray 16

RL Speaker Red 7
RL Speaker Blue 17

I've got a 2003 GT with the amp. The above is what I pulled out of the Speaker Diagram for GT.doc, and it's not matching up to what I've got in my car. Different years? Maybe the speaker and numbers are right, but the colors are wrong? I pulled the 18 pin wiring harness out of the back of the amp and pin 1 is White/Orange not Black/Orange.

#83 ·
Re: 03-05 Tiburon Wiring Diagrams.. FYI : 18 Pin Connector Amp (M63-2) Wire Color Pin # Woofer Black/Orange 1 Woofer Green 2 Woofer Green/Orange 9 Woofer Black 10 L. Tweeter White 3 L. Tweeter Brown 11 R. Tweeter Black 4 R. Tweeter Yellow 12 FR Speaker Yellow 5 FR Speaker Black 15 FL Speaker White 13 FL Speaker Brown 14 RR Speaker Orange 6 RR Speaker Gray 16 RL Speaker Red 7 RL Speaker Blue 17 I've got a 2003 GT with the amp. The above is what I pulled out of the Speaker Diagram for GT.doc, and it's not matching up to what I've got in my car. Different years? Maybe the speaker and numbers are right, but the colors are wrong? I pulled the 18 pin wiring harness out of the back of the amp and pin 1 is White/Orange not Black/Orange.
its usually because it goes through an amplifier and when the signal comes out, the manufacture changes the color of the wires

#21 ·

There are many differences between 03 and 04/05. Seems that they changed stuff after 03. 04/05 seem to mostly the same. 06 I have no idea. My advice is to get a BCM manual for your year. Matt check your PM's.

#23 ·

Hey thanks for those wiring diagrams!! Helped out tremendously. I do have a question that maybe you can help me answer. Is there a certain voltage that some of these cd/dvd/mp3 players are looking for when they have you connect a wire to the parking brake?

#25 ·

do i need to purchase a relay for the door locks? i have viper 791