Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tib VS. SVT Focus

2K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  CableTec 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to the local car meet near my house. Lots of cool cars(S/C Cobra Mustang, K20 Civic Hatch, Turbo'ed Eclipse RS, etc). Anyway this guy rolled up in his SVT focus with an intake. He gave me props on my car and asked if I wanted to race. We headed across town for a dead end stretch of road, and he wanted to race on the freeway. He honked 3 times and we went. I lost because I intentionally stayed in fifth instead of downshifting. I wanted to see what his car could do :3_winkthu

We arrived at the spot and to make a long story short I burned him by 2 cars the first two times we raced and about 5 the third time we raced(his clutch didn't grab on the third run and he was just making a lot of noise at the start).

All in all, he was a good guy and said that he was impressed with the fact that my car packed that much of punch.

I have a 6speed SE V6 with I/E

#13 ·
nice kill
those things all motor isn't much of a contender
but i hear if you boost those things, they'll have some zip
(but then again, what doesn't have zip if you boost it?)

#14 ·
Haha some guy at my work use to have one of the if I recall right zx4 hatch focus' ? And he put a turbo in it at 10psi with nothing else, no intercooler no exhaust no nothing, he had to replace his clutch tho and said it was a performance one, when i asked what stage he went uh uh like 6, anyways he use to always run his mouth and he beat my friends eclipse GSX one day BARELY and started running his mouth, so I had him turn around and just destroyed him I only had i/h/e stage3 clutch/lsd/lightweight flywheel, now i'm supercharged tho :D

#15 · (Edited)
You seem to do a lot of street racing...every few threads I read from you are about racing some dude...you're gonna get hut sometime, even worse you're gonna hurt someone else. I know the racing forum doesnt keep all its posts but these are the threads you started since June 9th. Now I really hope you write off your car doing something stupid.

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106679

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106854

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106881

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107642

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108366

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108049

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108805

#19 ·
I happen to agree with this. I'm a little tired of seeing all of these threads posted by Egoff, but it's his life, his driving record, and his car on the line - notwithstanding him taking anyone else with him in the process. For all we know he might just be making this stuff up because he craves the attention; but until we can prove otherwise, he's allowed to post stories......it's not against the rules, unless it's the same kind of car over and over again. If the comments/threads get too out of hand, then I can always lock the threads if need be.

I just might start deleting some too, as he has a preponderance of them going at the moment.

#22 · (Edited)
Slow2K
You need to give parental advice somewhere else, not here. If he is your child then you have all the right to tell him what to do. Last time I checked he wasn't so just be on your merry way and stop trying to condone something. I'm sure a mod will give you the proper treatment seeing as that your trying to start something. Toodles What is it these days with everyone wanting to be a hardass?

#23 ·
Slow2K
You need to give parental advice somewhere else, not here. If he is your child then you have all the right to tell him what to do. Last time I checked he wasn't so just be on your merry way and stop trying to condone something. I'm sure a mod will give you the proper treatment seeing as that your trying to start something. Toodles What is it these days with everyone wanting to be a hardass?
Considering that you're doing pretty much the same thing with this post; I'd say that you don't have a lot of room to talk. Also, he's not attempting to condone streetracing......just the opposite in fact.

#25 · (Edited)
That's why there are moderators on the forums.....to judge and decide whether an argument is truly taking place, and whether action needs to be taken. I feel there isn't an issue, unless you decide to keep going on about it.....

slow 2K2GT stated his point in a more or less tactful manner and it's a valid one. That isn't an argument in my book. If Egoff chooses to respond in a really disrespectful manner to the opinion, then that would be something I'd look into. I appreciate your help overseeing threads, but I'll take it from here - thanks.

Case closed.

#26 · (Edited)
I just love how everyone goes out of their way to say "Street racing is illegal and that someone will get killed"....DUH!!! We've known this for well as long as I can remember. All I am saying is that there is no need for people to try and parent someone else on an online forum...seriously give me a break.

#30 ·
We have all heard this saying before, If you don't have anything nice to say then dont say nothin. Wellll Maybe we should all start to do this. No one needs to tell everyone AGAIN and AGAIN that street racing is illegal. I think we all know this, we all know its dangerous but then again, what life would you be living if you didnt take risks. We all understand street racing is illegal, all fast and furious style. WE dont need to hear it THREAD after THREAD. I also believe Egoff he hasnt said anything to where i would not believe him.

#35 ·
I think people have the wrong idea here. I am not pareting at all, I like reading the racing forum as much as anyone else...ever hear the expression live vicariously through others...well thats sort of what im doing. Personally my wife would freak if I ever busted my car from being hard on it at the track, she would go bat **** crazy if I did it on the road. So to avoid more costs I just choose to stay away from things.

I do not disbelieve Egoff when he posts, they seem like very believeable runs and I would like to see a video of one or two. The simple point I was making was that in the run of less than a month he had 8 threads about street racing, that to me seems like a lot when you think about how often other members post. What each person chooses is up to them entirely, I certainly wont sit down at night and pout because someone is out there streetracing, there are worse things going on in the world...believe me I know.

Anyhow im sorry that some of you found that I was fathering but you just got to wrapped around the point I was stating, and I believe I did it in a civil manner.

#37 ·
My thinks is, if you don't like street racing or hearing about it, for that matter, why open/read a thread in the racing section?

I have a better idea than your vid-only thread because I do want to see what our cars can/can't compete with...

Well here she goes: People that don't like to read/hear about street racing should just stay out of the Racing area... or keep their preachings to themselves. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read about how someone's tib beat a neon or a focus.

On the same note, why don't I see you guys in the For Sale section preaching that people are losing money when they by mods for $100.00 and sell them for $75.00. Or how even putting $10k into their tib is not going to be worth it, if and when they sell it, you are still going to lose money.

I really don't need the extra wearing-out of the scroll wheel on my mouse when I pass over your post.

#41 · (Edited)
Ok well if you want to be an *** then sure thats fine but I also dont see a rule that limits my opinion and where I can epress it...can you look that up for me?

I dont know maybe I just see it as the same old song and dance as new guys showing up to a forum and asking the same quesions over and over again.

This has gotten off topic here, way offtopic, if you want to chat anymore then hit me up with a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.