Definitive Tiburon Top Speed Reference Thread - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums
 
User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God
 
GET 1T DONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GET 1T DONE is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Ok, having read this thread: Governor? how fast can my 2005 V6 SE go? ... I've noticed a lot of people are confused on what the top speed of their Tib is and what they've obtained.

I posted up this information a long time ago back when NT.com had one of it's "top speed" thread stretches (another newbie would start a top speed thread like every other day...as if 20 of them wasn't already enough)

STOCK TIB Gear Ratios
____________2.7L V6_______________2.0L
____6-speed__5-speed___4-speed___4-speed (5 spd for I4 is the same as for V6)
____manual___manual____auto_____auto

1st___3.15:1___3.46:1____2.84:1____2.84:1
2nd_ _1.94:1___2.05:1____1.53:1____1.53:1
3rd___1.33:1___1.39:1____1.00:1____1.00:1
4th___1.06:1___1.06:1____0.71:1____0.71:1
5th___0.86:1___0.84:1
6th___0.70:1
Rev_ _3.00:1___3.25:1____2.48:1____2.48:1
FD___4.43:1___4.06:1____4.04:1____4.41:1

Tire Diameter - (215/45/17) = 24.62 inches
Max RPM = 6500

6spd V6
Top Speed capable of reaching in 6th gear at 6500rpm = 153.52716538203458 mph

5spd V6
Top Speed capable of reaching in 5th gear at 6500rpm = 139.59879775090584 mph

4spd AUTO V6
Top Speed capable of reaching in 4th gear at 6500rpm = 165.97676051097798 mph

5spd I4 (assuming 205/55/16 tires)
Top Speed capable of reaching in 5th gear at 6500rpm = 141.07303363292192 mph

4spd AUTO I4 (assuming 205/55/16 tires)
Top Speed capable of reaching in 4th gear at 6500rpm = 153.6570131588633 mph

How did I come about this info? Well it's simple, and anybody can do these calculations themselves any time they want. Just open Google and type "top speed calculator". There are MANY sites that have little applets set up to make finding top speed, how fast your car goes in a certain gear and at a certain RPM, etc. very easy. Now how do they work?

Well, your vehicle's top speed (theoretically) is determined by a combination of the drive tire's diameter, the car's final drive ratio (or rear axle gear ratio for RWD), the transmission gear ratio, and finally the engine's speed (RPM's). These factors combined allow you to determine the fastest speed your vehicle can theoretically obtain on a flat surface. Now why do I say theoretically? Well, there are also inhibiting factors that prevent your vehicle from reaching it's full potential. These factors include, but probably aren't limited to: vehicle weight, aerodynamic drag, road/tire surface (friction), and vehicle power.

First and foremost, the vehicle must have enough power to overcome those other forces working against motion (the weight, friction, and drag). If the vehicle doesn't generate enough power for the way it's geared, it will never max out the potential of the transmission/axle and we'll say the vehicle is drag limited. As speed increases, one of these forces grows considerably...the aerodynamic drag. It becomes much harder to move air out of the way at 120 mph then it is at 40 mph. You may be able to accelerate in 6th gear from 50-70 mph in only 7 secs, but to go from 110-130 mph it will take you like 15 secs (these are just guestimations). That's because at 65 mph it takes about 12 hp to overcome drag. But at 120 mph, it takes 75 hp just to overcome air's resistance.

So neglecting these inhibiting forces, the top speeds provided above are the theoretical maximum speeds you can obtain w/STOCK Tibs assuming they make enough power. Why is the word STOCK important? Because once you start changing things about your Tib, such as getting bigger wheels/tires, getting a new transmission or drive gear, or raising the rev limiter, you increase your vehicles potential for top speed. Adding a supercharger to a stock Tib w/o changing the wheels/tires, transmission, or raising the rev limiter WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR TIBS TOP SPEED POTENTIAL. It will make it easier to obtain the vehicle's top speed, and may make it reach it's full potential if the vehicle was previously drag limited, but it will not increase the theoretical top speed.

So, if you claim to have obtained higher top speeds then those posted above w/a Tib that has STOCK transmission, drive gear, wheels/tires, and rev limiter, then you were either on a downhill slope and/or had the engine past its 6500 rpm redline. I know my 6spd has a rev limiter at about 6500 rpm, so you couldn't go much past it. Maybe you "thought " your car was going faster when you glanced down at the speedo...which itself may be inaccurate since on webtech I believe the tolerance of the speedometer is somewhere in the neighborhood of +- 2-3%....which in the 150 mph range 2-3% equates to being off by 3-5 mph.

Finally, for those of you who still don't understand how a 4spd AUTO Tib has a higher top end than the 6spd, if you lower your gear ratios (whether final drive or the transmission gear), you increase your top end for that gear combination. For the 6spd it's a combination of a 4.43:1 final drive w/a 0.70:1 6th gear. For the Auto it's a 4.04:1 final drive w/a 0.71:1 4th gear. 4.43 x 0.7 = 3.101. 4.04 x 0.71 = 2.868. 2.868 is LOWER than 3.101. Therefore the Auto has the higher top end w/the same 215/45/17 tires. If you don't believe me, go hear and find out for yourself.
http://www.mustangii.net/topspeed.asp
Enter in different gear ratios, etc. In real world, my 6spd cruises at 80 mph in 6th at 3400 RPMs. This calculator will say that exact same thing.

THE BOTTOM LINE ABOUT TOP SPEED: WHO CARES!
You claim to have reached 140 mph and this other person claims 145 mph... big freakin deal! Get a life and enough pointless TOP SPEED THREADS!
Thank you.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GET 1T DONE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 05:53 PM
NewTiburon.com God
 
Quartermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quartermaster will become famous soon enough
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

One time on my Huffy, I broke the sound barrier going down this one hill in san francisco, it hurt


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quartermaster is offline  
post #3 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Banned
 
lostdestiny14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 2,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lostdestiny14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

What I want to know though is how can some of the manual guys get up to this speed then if your chart is accurate? One of the guys on here did a dyno with one of the manuals and got 160 mph and you cant say his mods did it because of the rev limiter duh.
lostdestiny14 is offline  
 
post #4 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
NewTiburon.com God
 
Quartermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quartermaster will become famous soon enough
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Oy... 'twas on a dyno........


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quartermaster is offline  
post #5 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Baldwin, NY and Chandler, AZ
Posts: 5,790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

um....i see one wrong thing with this. the autos redline at 6500. however, the 6spd and 5spds redline at 6800, not 6500.
Mines Better is offline  
post #6 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 06:32 PM
NewTiburon.com God
 
Quartermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quartermaster will become famous soon enough
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

My Huffy redlined at 26rpm


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quartermaster is offline  
post #7 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Baldwin, NY and Chandler, AZ
Posts: 5,790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

ur a huffy
Mines Better is offline  
post #8 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 06:35 PM
NewTiburon.com God
 
Quartermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quartermaster will become famous soon enough
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

[img]http://www.strikeu.com/funny/*****please.jpg[/img]


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quartermaster is offline  
post #9 of 52 Old 08-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Baldwin, NY and Chandler, AZ
Posts: 5,790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of lightMines Better is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

bwahahahahahahahahaha
Mines Better is offline  
post #10 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 12:38 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
avocado123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando,FL
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
avocado123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Oh dear, what's next... a thread about who has the biggest ****?

H.Y.U.N.D.A.I. Hope You Understand Nothings Driveable And Inexpensive
2001 Hyundai Tiburon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
avocado123 is offline  
post #11 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 07:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice
 
tibster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tibster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado123
Oh dear, what's next... a thread about who has the biggest ****?
GAY!!!
tibster is offline  
post #12 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 07:55 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nduda78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

> Get a life and enough pointless TOP SPEED THREADS!

Ummmm this thread is more pointless than any other thread on here...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nduda78 is offline  
post #13 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 08:13 AM
NewTiburon.com God
 
bagpiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cruising Daytona Beach to Orlando
Posts: 4,475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bagpiper will become famous soon enoughbagpiper will become famous soon enough
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

There's a secret 7th gear in all tibs hooked up to the overthrusters that allows us to pretty much beat the hell outa' anything on 3 wheels. You have to buy 1 out of ten mountain dews with a winning cap and get the code to unlock the gear.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my titan audio
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bagpiper; 08-17-2005 at 12:29 PM.
bagpiper is offline  
post #14 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God
 
GET 1T DONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GET 1T DONE is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestiny14
What I want to know though is how can some of the manual guys get up to this speed then if your chart is accurate? One of the guys on here did a dyno with one of the manuals and got 160 mph and you cant say his mods did it because of the rev limiter duh.
The guy I assume you are talking about, was it Bluegtv6 or something, who recently dynoed and he and RavensFan mentioned how he got up to like 160 mph...that's because he has a RealECU which raises his rev-limiter to like 7300 RPM or something. I mentioned that in the thread in which they told about the dyno day because somebody asked how that was possible, though apparently nobody bothered reading my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mines Better
um....i see one wrong thing with this. the autos redline at 6500. however, the 6spd and 5spds redline at 6800, not 6500.
If that's the case, then add like an extra 7 mph or so onto the 5spd and 6spd's number. I just used the official specs released by Hyundai, which doesn't specify anything about a different rev limiter for manuals and autos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nduda78
> Get a life and enough pointless TOP SPEED THREADS!

Ummmm this thread is more pointless than any other thread on here...
Ok. Sorry for delivering the horrible news to everybody that your Tibs are bound by the laws of physics and the cars mechanical design. However, nduda78's Tib is "special" and can go 190 mph no matter what anybody says, so we need more top speed threads so he and wrmac's can tell everybody how special their Tibs are.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GET 1T DONE is offline  
post #15 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Banned
 
lostdestiny14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 2,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lostdestiny14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Uh ok, that would make some sense then about the rev limiter at 7300 rpms lol. Anyways nice write up, be nice to get this and the definitive CAI thread back up as stickys again
lostdestiny14 is offline  
post #16 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
NewTiburon.com God
 
peachferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,294
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
peachferrari is just really nicepeachferrari is just really nicepeachferrari is just really nice
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Okay, so those are the theoretical top speeds.

What about real top speed? Car magazines (that have road tested the Tib) such as Car and Driver and Road and Track list that it is electronically limited to a speed of 137 mph. Are they wrong?
peachferrari is offline  
post #17 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 01:22 PM
NewTiburon.com God
 
Quartermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quartermaster will become famous soon enough
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

........... are they wrong?

Yes... I've been to 145mph on the freeway, Evan just showed his video doing 147 with a fully laden car, etc etc...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quartermaster is offline  
post #18 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 01:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nduda78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET 1T DONE
The guy I assume you are talking about, was it Bluegtv6 or something, who recently dynoed and he and RavensFan mentioned how he got up to like 160 mph...that's because he has a RealECU which raises his rev-limiter to like 7300 RPM or something. I mentioned that in the thread in which they told about the dyno day because somebody asked how that was possible, though apparently nobody bothered reading my post.If that's the case, then add like an extra 7 mph or so onto the 5spd and 6spd's number. I just used the official specs released by Hyundai, which doesn't specify anything about a different rev limiter for manuals and autos.Ok. Sorry for delivering the horrible news to everybody that your Tibs are bound by the laws of physics and the cars mechanical design. However, nduda78's Tib is "special" and can go 190 mph no matter what anybody says, so we need more top speed threads so he and wrmac's can tell everybody how special their Tibs are.

Where did i ever say my car is special and can go 190mph? I'd be curious to this one.....


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nduda78 is offline  
post #19 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 02:12 PM
NewTiburon.com God
 
kellydood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,288
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
kellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nicekellydood is just really nice
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

My car, which is a 6 speed GT with the stock ECU, will go 157 mph. It runs out of revs at that speed.
kellydood is offline  
post #20 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God
 
GET 1T DONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GET 1T DONE is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachferrari
Okay, so those are the theoretical top speeds.

What about real top speed? Car magazines (that have road tested the Tib) such as Car and Driver and Road and Track list that it is electronically limited to a speed of 137 mph. Are they wrong?
Do you have a link to these road tests? Cause I know Road and Track never did a piece on the Tiburon (I've had a subcription to them for the past 10+ years). Also, I'd have to venture to say that if one of the magazines did list that the Tiburon is electronically limited to 137 mph, I don't understand how THIS MANY NT.com members could claim otherwise. Personally I've never heard of a governor, so I'm interested to see who says there is one at 137 mph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydood
My car, which is a 6 speed GT with the stock ECU, will go 157 mph. It runs out of revs at that speed.
See everyone. That's about dead on. He may not have 215/45/17 tires, and the revs may reach a little past 6500 like Mines Better mentioned, and speedometers aren't dead on accurate as I mentioned (plus the increments are 5 mph so there is some subjectiveness as to exactly where in-between two increments the needle appears to be to your eyes).....yet his claimed top speed was very close to the calculated 153-154 mph for STOCK 6spd's.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GET 1T DONE is offline  
post #21 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 05:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Jay_Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Castle, PA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jay_Michael is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

The 05 GT' s gearing is different than the 03-04's

05 GT 5spd.

3.23:1 1st
1.95:1 2nd
1.30:1 3rd
0.94:1 4th
0.78:1 5th
3.46:1 reverse
4.06:1 final

I found this at the hmaservice.com website.

So the 05 GT can do 150mph. Not that it really matters. how many people do 150mph everyday?

Last edited by Jay_Michael; 08-17-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Jay_Michael is offline  
post #22 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 05:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice
 
python6586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pa
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
python6586 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

somthing is wrong with those calculations or you have the wrong gearing info because i have a 2004 v6 5sp and have been at 140mph b4 which we have on film and still have a couple hundred rpms left till redline, and i remember when i calculated it the 5sp tibbys would hit 6750 which is stock fuel cut at somewhere between 157 and 158 which i believe is the same for the 6 spd tibbys because i was under the impression that the overdrive gear 5th in 5spds and 6th in the 6spds where the same ratio.... im not 100% sure on that but i know for a fact the 5spds can hit well in excess of 140 as i have been up to 145 but only have the 140 run on tape.
python6586 is offline  
post #23 of 52 Old 08-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned
 
lostdestiny14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 2,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lostdestiny14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by python6586
somthing is wrong with those calculations or you have the wrong gearing info because i have a 2004 v6 5sp and have been at 140mph b4 which we have on film and still have a couple hundred rpms left till redline, and i remember when i calculated it the 5sp tibbys would hit 6750 which is stock fuel cut at somewhere between 157 and 158 which i believe is the same for the 6 spd tibbys because i was under the impression that the overdrive gear 5th in 5spds and 6th in the 6spds where the same ratio.... im not 100% sure on that but i know for a fact the 5spds can hit well in excess of 140 as i have been up to 145 but only have the 140 run on tape.
Well it cant except it to be exactly perfect, but I believe his numbers are close. Plus the chart didnt add the fact that the manuals can redline higher.

For the ratios the numbers are right there...
lostdestiny14 is offline  
post #24 of 52 Old 08-18-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God
 
GET 1T DONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GET 1T DONE is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Michael
The 05 GT' s gearing is different than the 03-04's

05 GT 5spd.

3.23:1 1st
1.95:1 2nd
1.30:1 3rd
0.94:1 4th
0.78:1 5th
3.46:1 reverse
4.06:1 final

I found this at the hmaservice.com website.

So the 05 GT can do 150mph. Not that it really matters. how many people do 150mph everyday?
Yes, I did notice that a while back, but didn't feel like calculating the numbers for the '05 and adding it to my list since the '05s were just starting to hit the dealerships and nobody really had any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by python6586
somthing is wrong with those calculations or you have the wrong gearing info because i have a 2004 v6 5sp and have been at 140mph b4 which we have on film and still have a couple hundred rpms left till redline, and i remember when i calculated it the 5sp tibbys would hit 6750 which is stock fuel cut at somewhere between 157 and 158 which i believe is the same for the 6 spd tibbys because i was under the impression that the overdrive gear 5th in 5spds and 6th in the 6spds where the same ratio.... im not 100% sure on that but i know for a fact the 5spds can hit well in excess of 140 as i have been up to 145 but only have the 140 run on tape.
Well here is all the info I used and sites (and I tried w/several others to confirm and they all produced the same results):

http://www.hyundainews.com/presskit2...uronSpecs.html2003 Tiburon Specs
http://www.hyundainews.com/presskit2...uronSpecs.html2004 Tiburon Specs
http://www.hyundainews.com/presskit2...uronSpecs.html2005 Tiburon Specs (didn't use obviously)
Tire Diameter Calculator
MPH per RPM and Gear

And here's some others to check with (among countless others):
Tire Diameter
RPM/MPH from Gear Ratio

I gave you all the facts to back up the numbers. Now if you can post that video to show what your RPMs are and what the corresponding speed was for your Tib, then you'd have a case (and you'd know whether your speedo is not calibrated). Though just saying what you're saying, since it defies logic, means absolutely nothing unless you can show us something to back it up.

**Edit** It appears that the '03-'04 specs released by Hyundai may not be accurate for the 5spd V6, since the gear ratios match those for the '05 5spd I4 and the '05 5spd V6 have different ratios. Apparently they made sure to differentiate properly in the '05 spec release.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GET 1T DONE; 08-18-2005 at 12:18 PM.
GET 1T DONE is offline  
post #25 of 52 Old 08-18-2005, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God
 
GET 1T DONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GET 1T DONE is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Definitive Top Speed Of Tibs

Here's the whole range:
Attached Images
 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GET 1T DONE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome