Ultimate DVD35 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Retired Staff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another level
(Thread Starter)
Ultimate DVD35

Bought the "Ultimate DVD35" from futureshop on wednesday. Looked pretty good in store, nice 3.6" display, motorized face, lots of imputs, 220 watts ect.

STAY AWAY!!!!, not to say it's a bad deck, but it's very cheaply built. Got it home, got as far as the face plate, repaceked and returned. I have no faith in a deck that has a rattling faceplate.

If anyone has this deck, please let me know if I'm just being jumpy, or if it really sucks. Like I said, for a regular 399.99 deck it seems very cheap and brittle.

Only reason I brought it home was because it was on sale for 179.99, think I'm gonna go with a pioneer, see some really nice ones on for ebay for under 200. (non-dvd)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

pamunoz will become famous soon enoughpamunoz will become famous soon enough
Re: Ultimate DVD35

I worked at Futureshop at one point... STAY AWAY from there all together!!! haha! I trust Best Buy over Futureshop.

It's hit and miss w/ stuff at Futureshop. Especially when it comes to price. What I would do is if you find something you like, write the model number down and do the web research and see how much it's going for on the web like eBay.

If you can find it new cheaper somewhere else, Futureshop will beat it by 10%. IF I buy stuff from Futureshop, that's the way I do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY: Clear Corners:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DIY: Emblem Removal::
#3 Old 01-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Retired Staff

GSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another levelGSR4ME is on another level
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamunoz View Post
I worked at Futureshop at one point... STAY AWAY from there all together!!! haha! I trust Best Buy over Futureshop.

It's hit and miss w/ stuff at Futureshop. Especially when it comes to price. What I would do is if you find something you like, write the model number down and do the web research and see how much it's going for on the web like eBay.

If you can find it new cheaper somewhere else, Futureshop will beat it by 10%. IF I buy stuff from Futureshop, that's the way I do it.
Good plan, I looked around on ebay and found a lot of pioneer indash units with 6.5-7" touch screens. The main model I had been looking for was a Pioneer DEH-6900, but I'll probly get a dvd unit on ebay. If any one else is lookin too there are a few online stores on ebay that offer a universal wiring harness and mounting brackets for an extra 25 bucks.
#4 Old 01-09-2008, 05:23 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

bpwhips will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR4ME View Post
Bought the "Ultimate DVD35" from futureshop on wednesday. Looked pretty good in store, nice 3.6" display, motorized face, lots of imputs, 220 watts ect.

STAY AWAY!!!!, not to say it's a bad deck, but it's very cheaply built. Got it home, got as far as the face plate, repaceked and returned. I have no faith in a deck that has a rattling faceplate.

If anyone has this deck, please let me know if I'm just being jumpy, or if it really sucks. Like I said, for a regular 399.99 deck it seems very cheap and brittle.

Only reason I brought it home was because it was on sale for 179.99, think I'm gonna go with a pioneer, see some really nice ones on for ebay for under 200. (non-dvd)
Yeah, not the best idea to buy a deck called the "ultimate". Which FS were you at? I used to work at the one in Sydney so I know all about the ultimate. hahahha. IMO stay away from pioneer decks as well, I've had higher end pioneer decks and the RCA outs were prone to go.
#5 Old 01-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Retired Staff

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwhips View Post
Yeah, not the best idea to buy a deck called the "ultimate". Which FS were you at? I used to work at the one in Sydney so I know all about the ultimate. hahahha. IMO stay away from pioneer decks as well, I've had higher end pioneer decks and the RCA outs were prone to go.
Went to the one in Bayer's Lake, should be nuff said lol. Sadly I can do all my own work when it comes to the mechanical aspect of the car, but decks...... lost. A buddy of mine suggested Pioneer or JVC, he's had good luck with them in the past. And where bouts in NS are ya? still on CB island or the mainland?
#6 Old 01-09-2008, 08:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

bpwhips will become famous soon enough

I live close to Sydney. If you were to go back to FS have a look at the pioneer 5900IB, it's one of the better decks they sell. If you are looking for in dash dvd in particular check out the Clarion and JVC. IMO the Clarion deck is real nice and it's on sale now for 699. Good Luck
#7 Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Retired Staff

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwhips View Post
I live close to Sydney. If you were to go back to FS have a look at the pioneer 5900IB, it's one of the better decks they sell. If you are looking for in dash dvd in particular check out the Clarion and JVC. IMO the Clarion deck is real nice and it's on sale now for 699. Good Luck
I'll keep it in mind, thanks ole man. If you happen to make your way down to Hali look me up.

Last edited by GSR4ME; 01-09-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.