Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums
 
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 04-01-2011, 02:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
NickWoodsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Penticton, BC, Canada
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NickWoodsx is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

Do any of you guys have problems with the remote on an 03/04 tib? I find that the unlock button just does not want to work... I'll be standing in front of my car for like 2 minutes pressing it and pressing it but it does not want to unlock my car! And if I put my key in the alarm goes off! Have you guys ever experienced this problem? I might take my car to the hyundai dealership in town and see what they have to say. Just wanted to hear from the NT community first!
NickWoodsx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert
 
aaronNTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Richland Hills, Tx
Posts: 344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
aaronNTT
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

so i didnt know this until a few weeks ago when i was at the dealership (and this may not help you since yours is three years older, i have an 06) but whenever you unplug the battery for say, an electrical mod, it wipes out the memory in the cars computer. thus losing the programing to the remote.
hope that helps you, or someone else like me that didnt know.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel stupid and contagious.
aaronNTT is offline  
#3 Old 04-01-2011, 02:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
NickWoodsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Penticton, BC, Canada
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NickWoodsx is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronNTT View Post
so i didnt know this until a few weeks ago when i was at the dealership (and this may not help you since yours is three years older, i have an 06) but whenever you unplug the battery for say, an electrical mod, it wipes out the memory in the cars computer. thus losing the programing to the remote.
hope that helps you, or someone else like me that didnt know.
Hmmm, I haven't unplugged the batter since I have owned it. (Which has been 2 weeks now)
But the battery has been recently replaced according to the owner, so maybe something went wrong with the setup? I guess I get an idea when I take it to the Hyundai dealership.
NickWoodsx is offline  
#4 Old 04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert
 
aaronNTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Richland Hills, Tx
Posts: 344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
aaronNTT
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickWoodsx View Post
Hmmm, I haven't unplugged the batter since I have owned it. (Which has been 2 weeks now)
But the battery has been recently replaced according to the owner, so maybe something went wrong with the setup? I guess I get an idea when I take it to the Hyundai dealership.
was the remote doing this when you got it or did it just start recently


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel stupid and contagious.
aaronNTT is offline  
#5 Old 04-01-2011, 03:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional
 
mrtibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mrtibs can only hope to improve
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

yeah they are weird I have the same dilemma. If it was working before, I recommend making sure the little rubber bumper under the hood is making good contact with the trigger plunger under the hood, if not buy a new one, those things get compressed with time. Next get your little transmitter open it up and test the battery, if its good, make sure the battery housing did not separate form the board, if it did you don't have to re-solder it, just make sure the two contact pins are going through the board....then put a folded piece of card material in there to keep the battery housing in contact with the board. The push togethet the key fob and test it out. If it lites up.

Go to the tib, unlock the door manually, start the tib, shut off engine, turn key to
ACC, press lock button and keep repeating this process till u get the front and rear emergency lites to flash, they are the same lites for the keyless entry.

Gotta get those lites to flash for the fob to work.

03 GT Stage one Alpine S/C, SSA Headers, Clutchmasters Stage 4, F1 Flywheel, Magnaflow cat, Cherry bomb resonator, FlowMaster Mufflers, Oil catch can and 6 pretty yellow spark plug wires.
mrtibs is offline  
#6 Old 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice
 
Amber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Amber will become famous soon enoughAmber will become famous soon enough
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

Happened to me, remote battery was dying. Replaced that (you can DIY, no need for a dealership) and it was fixed. Eventually though both of the remotes that came with it just crapped out entirely, doing the same thing, and no battery change could fix it.
Amber is offline  
#7 Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie
 
NickWoodsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Penticton, BC, Canada
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NickWoodsx is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtibs View Post
yeah they are weird I have the same dilemma. If it was working before, I recommend making sure the little rubber bumper under the hood is making good contact with the trigger plunger under the hood, if not buy a new one, those things get compressed with time. Next get your little transmitter open it up and test the battery, if its good, make sure the battery housing did not separate form the board, if it did you don't have to re-solder it, just make sure the two contact pins are going through the board....then put a folded piece of card material in there to keep the battery housing in contact with the board. The push togethet the key fob and test it out. If it lites up.

Go to the tib, unlock the door manually, start the tib, shut off engine, turn key to
ACC, press lock button and keep repeating this process till u get the front and rear emergency lites to flash, they are the same lites for the keyless entry.

Gotta get those lites to flash for the fob to work.
Thanks I'll try this when I get time! Sounds simple enough...
NickWoodsx is offline  
#8 Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: oregon
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NateDogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

mine just stopped working awhile after i bought it,i hadnt tried to reprogram it though, as my battery had been replaced.. also about the same time my passenger door lock stopped working. even with the key it wont engage and lock..i wonder if someone broke it trying to break in or ??
ima have to dig out the remote and see if this works, thanks

so i went out and tried to get my alarm to work after not using it for like 2 yrs...and success! thanks for the info,good post

Last edited by NateDogg; 04-05-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: update
NateDogg is offline  
#9 Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bandon09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

I just bought and 05 tibby and it only flashes when i hit the unlock button on the remote...I was wondering does my car even have a sequrity system
Bandon09 is offline  
#10 Old 04-30-2011, 12:37 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional
 
Supra Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moreno Valley, California
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Supra Addict will become famous soon enoughSupra Addict will become famous soon enough
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

What I've found with the stock FOB's is a combination of the battery not making good contact inside it and the door lock unlock/lock actuators getting stuck and can happen on either door and cause the system not to unarm itself. both actuators have to kick unlocked for the security system to unarm itself. These actuators are quite a PITA alot of the time. I found this out as I put a Viper alarm and still had to replace the actuators for the new alarm to work properly.
Supra Addict is offline  
#11 Old 05-19-2011, 12:16 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: los angeles
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
uscnef is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

i replaced teh battery like 2 yrs ago also. didnt work. i just did what you posted about the contact of the battery. and it started lighting up but its not working on the car so im gonna try your method of reprogramming. and let you know how it goes!

thanks so far.
uscnef is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome