Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Problem with the Lock/Unlock Remote

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  uscnef 
#1 ·
Do any of you guys have problems with the remote on an 03/04 tib? I find that the unlock button just does not want to work... I'll be standing in front of my car for like 2 minutes pressing it and pressing it but it does not want to unlock my car! And if I put my key in the alarm goes off! Have you guys ever experienced this problem? I might take my car to the hyundai dealership in town and see what they have to say. Just wanted to hear from the NT community first! :3_bdaybig

#2 ·
so i didnt know this until a few weeks ago when i was at the dealership (and this may not help you since yours is three years older, i have an 06) but whenever you unplug the battery for say, an electrical mod, it wipes out the memory in the cars computer. thus losing the programing to the remote.
hope that helps you, or someone else like me that didnt know.

#3 ·
Hmmm, I haven't unplugged the batter since I have owned it. (Which has been 2 weeks now)
But the battery has been recently replaced according to the owner, so maybe something went wrong with the setup? I guess I get an idea when I take it to the Hyundai dealership.

#5 ·
yeah they are weird I have the same dilemma. If it was working before, I recommend making sure the little rubber bumper under the hood is making good contact with the trigger plunger under the hood, if not buy a new one, those things get compressed with time. Next get your little transmitter open it up and test the battery, if its good, make sure the battery housing did not separate form the board, if it did you don't have to re-solder it, just make sure the two contact pins are going through the board....then put a folded piece of card material in there to keep the battery housing in contact with the board. The push togethet the key fob and test it out. If it lites up.

Go to the tib, unlock the door manually, start the tib, shut off engine, turn key to
ACC, press lock button and keep repeating this process till u get the front and rear emergency lites to flash, they are the same lites for the keyless entry.

Gotta get those lites to flash for the fob to work.

#6 ·
Happened to me, remote battery was dying. Replaced that (you can DIY, no need for a dealership) and it was fixed. Eventually though both of the remotes that came with it just crapped out entirely, doing the same thing, and no battery change could fix it.

#8 · (Edited)
mine just stopped working awhile after i bought it,i hadnt tried to reprogram it though, as my battery had been replaced.. also about the same time my passenger door lock stopped working. even with the key it wont engage and lock..i wonder if someone broke it trying to break in or ??
ima have to dig out the remote and see if this works, thanks

so i went out and tried to get my alarm to work after not using it for like 2 yrs...and success! thanks for the info,good post

#10 ·
What I've found with the stock FOB's is a combination of the battery not making good contact inside it and the door lock unlock/lock actuators getting stuck and can happen on either door and cause the system not to unarm itself. both actuators have to kick unlocked for the security system to unarm itself. These actuators are quite a PITA alot of the time. I found this out as I put a Viper alarm and still had to replace the actuators for the new alarm to work properly.

#11 ·
i replaced teh battery like 2 yrs ago also. didnt work. i just did what you posted about the contact of the battery. and it started lighting up but its not working on the car so im gonna try your method of reprogramming. and let you know how it goes!

thanks so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.