Diamond Audio Subs Need Help - Page 2 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#26 Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)
Re: Diamond Audio Subs Need Help

What about the RE SEX is that a 2ohm Sub?

Also arent all the speakers i have now 4ohm so if i get the Phoenix Gold dont i have to wire my front and Mids to 4hom? Or is there away to wire them to 2ohm even tough my speakers are 4ohm.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 Old 05-17-2012, 01:13 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Phoenix Risen has a spectacular aura aboutPhoenix Risen has a spectacular aura about

for a 5 chan you can also look into the massive audio nano nx5, its very nasty.

R.I.P
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
#28 Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Regina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_platinum View Post
What about the RE SEX is that a 2ohm Sub?

Also arent all the speakers i have now 4ohm so if i get the Phoenix Gold dont i have to wire my front and Mids to 4hom? Or is there away to wire them to 2ohm even tough my speakers are 4ohm.?
You can still run the speakers 4-ohm and the sub 2-ohm. There is 2 and 4-ohm versions of the RE subs.
#29 Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

Regina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
for a 5 chan you can also look into the massive audio nano nx5, its very nasty.
http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/pr...cat=281&page=1

That is a BEAST! lol
RMS Power 120 x 4 + 800 x 1
PEAK Power 480 x 2 + 1600 x 1

WEB PRICE: $819.95 OUCH!!!!

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CF4Q8wIwAA#

Okay. $319 is much better.

Last edited by Regina; 05-17-2012 at 01:35 AM.
#30 Old 05-17-2012, 01:41 AM
NewTiburon.com God

silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)

Lol Regina you just said what i was about 2 say. $819 OUCH!!!!! But also saw it for less after research. Why does this have 2 be hard only thing i dont like is that i am not sure if my audio shop carries that Amp. Only reason i want 2 buy there is because of the warranty issues. Dont want 2 spend money and have it blow up or die after a while.
#31 Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Phoenix Risen has a spectacular aura aboutPhoenix Risen has a spectacular aura about

yea, they are pretty strong, and actually pretty small for what they do, for a while i could get them for dealer price and it was like 230, so i played around with a couple of them,

if your careful with it the sub channel will handle 1 ohm pretty well also.

R.I.P
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
#32 Old 05-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

Quote:
Lol Regina you just said what i was about 2 say. $819 OUCH!!!!! But also saw it for less after research. Why does this have 2 be hard only thing i dont like is that i am not sure if my audio shop carries that Amp. Only reason i want 2 buy there is because of the warranty issues. Dont want 2 spend money and have it blow up or die after a while.
What kind of warranty issues? They won't warranty their work if you have your own items?
#33 Old 05-17-2012, 02:21 AM
NewTiburon.com God

silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)

They do warranty there work just was meaning like the product of the warranty ...i guess ill ask them if they carry massive audio nano nx5 if not most likely i will go with the Phoenix Gold but man was that a good price Phoenix on them $230 .

You wouldn't happen to have one laying around u call sell me Lol
#34 Old 05-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

Manufacturer's warranty! They probably follow the same guidelines. They just won't be able to replace it right away. You'd have to send it in.
#35 Old 05-17-2012, 10:06 AM
NewTiburon.com God

no i dont have any more left, i sold the last one i had for 300 plus shipping. it was kinda funny.

R.I.P

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
#36 Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
beaterGT is an unknown quantity at this point

One comment to the OP. Just something to keep in mind. When you make your box smaller your resonant frequency will become higher. Of course, same goes by changing to a smaller speaker. However, some of this can be overcome by better subs that can push more air and by possibly using a ported box. Then opens up the possibility of blowing your subs because now your subs can have a greater excursion.

Some of this may seem obvious to some of you, but I think sometimes it not jsut about the power,etc. Like Regina points out you don't always need the top of the line sub. A lower of middle of the line may do better and you may get more sound of of them. Since you are talking to an audio shop they should know this, jsut try to sense if they are jsut trying to sell you something. I know you started this thread just changing to a used set of subs and now you are looking at new subs, amps, box, etc. Good luck, let us know if we can help you more.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT 6-Speed
2004 Acura MDX
2007 Sterling 4500 Imposter
1969 Aircooled VW
2009 Harley Nightster

Oh yeah, a 2010 Bolens tractor too!
#37 Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 PM
NewTiburon.com God

silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)

Alright sounds good!!! And yes i talked to my Audio Shop and explained what i wanted and he told me to go with the Phoenix Gold Amp since he is an Authorized Seller and he would give me a 2 year warranty from them. He also said would be better to just go with one of the RE Subs since they sound real well and dont need that much air space, all he said is they have a big magnet.

I'll keep you guys updated

Last edited by silver_platinum; 05-18-2012 at 02:33 AM.
#38 Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaterGT View Post
One comment to the OP. Just something to keep in mind. When you make your box smaller your resonant frequency will become higher. Of course, same goes by changing to a smaller speaker. However, some of this can be overcome by better subs that can push more air and by possibly using a ported box. Then opens up the possibility of blowing your subs because now your subs can have a greater excursion.

Some of this may seem obvious to some of you, but I think sometimes it not jsut about the power,etc. Like Regina points out you don't always need the top of the line sub. A lower of middle of the line may do better and you may get more sound of of them. Since you are talking to an audio shop they should know this, jsut try to sense if they are jsut trying to sell you something. I know you started this thread just changing to a used set of subs and now you are looking at new subs, amps, box, etc. Good luck, let us know if we can help you more.
you have some very large holes in your knowledge base,

going from a larger speaker to a smaller speaker nothing to do with the F3, that all relies on the T/S parameters of each woofer, for example the monster spl 15 that im building for next year will have a broken in fs of 50+ hz, where as my sa-8 v2 has an unbroken in fs of 28, and just below 25 hz once its broken in. and a sub can go up in smoke quicker in a sealed box due to the fact that you there is no way for the smell from the coils heating up to get out in the cabin, so you have nothing to tell when your pushing things too hard, the only thing a ported box can do is allow the sub to unload if it is designed improperly, but in a correct ported box a sub can't unload until driven 20-25hz under tuning, which for a dialy application would be in the low to mid 30's so the usable frequency response is well out of the human hearing range.

R.I.P

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
#39 Old 05-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Risen View Post
you have some very large holes in your knowledge base,

going from a larger speaker to a smaller speaker nothing to do with the F3, that all relies on the T/S parameters of each woofer, for example the monster spl 15 that im building for next year will have a broken in fs of 50+ hz, where as my sa-8 v2 has an unbroken in fs of 28, and just below 25 hz once its broken in. and a sub can go up in smoke quicker in a sealed box due to the fact that you there is no way for the smell from the coils heating up to get out in the cabin, so you have nothing to tell when your pushing things too hard, the only thing a ported box can do is allow the sub to unload if it is designed improperly, but in a correct ported box a sub can't unload until driven 20-25hz under tuning, which for a dialy application would be in the low to mid 30's so the usable frequency response is well out of the human hearing range.
I feel like you should have said, "BAM!" after all of that. Like Emeril.
#40 Old 06-25-2012, 10:38 PM
NewTiburon.com God

silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)

Regina i need some advice help.....let me know when you are on

Or Phoenix risen too

Thinking of maybe just saving some money and ...use the ARC KS 500.1 600w Amp i have now and run a single Sub.... RE SEX should i go for the 2 ohms or 4 ohms what the difference? i am gonna be using the Infinity Stock Box
#41 Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
NewTiburon.com God

you will blow the stock box apart with a SEX, not to mention it is way too small for it and it would sound like crap in there. assuming your talking about a 10" driver that is. other than that that would be fine, just get the dual 4 ohm version and wire it in parallel,

but i would highly suggest a nice ported enclosure for it, or at least a to spec sealed one.

R.I.P

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
#42 Old 06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Desert_Sage has a spectacular aura aboutDesert_Sage has a spectacular aura about

way off topic but what size were the diamond audio subs? if they were 15's you shoulda gotten them!! alot of ppl have nice set ups here. mine is simple and does need at least one port in a box (that's what i'll be able to fit) my bass is ridiculous but not obnoxious.. if i cant win a carshow cuz of my exterior, i 9/10 times bring home a trophy for best audio/bass.

really old pic but you get the idea:

FOR SALE: 2003 GT V6 - 167k miles

Last edited by Desert_Sage; 06-26-2012 at 06:17 PM.
#43 Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
NewTiburon.com God

silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)

Okay so what sub will go well with the stock box?
#44 Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 PM
NewTiburon.com God

blue_915, sounds like you dont have a lot of true audio nuts in your area, unless you stepped your game way up from whats in the pic,

and silver, you will need something that does very well in small sealed enclosures, which means your not going to get much out of anything unless you find a very efficient sub, or throw a lot of power at it,

what size sub are you wanting to run?

R.I.P

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS
#45 Old 06-27-2012, 01:34 AM
NewTiburon.com God

silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)

Well Phoenix ....help me out than... Trying to find a good Sub for the Stock Enclosure!

Looking to use the Amp i have now and find a good shallow mount sub..or a normal sub that can sound clean and have that nice bass Listen to Hip Hop and Dub Step inside the Stock Enclosure...any suggestions?

I was thinking 10inch....since stock sub is 8 inch why not upgrade right?
#46 Old 06-27-2012, 02:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mitch06GT is just really niceMitch06GT is just really niceMitch06GT is just really nice

Quote:
Well Phoenix ....help me out than... Trying to find a good Sub for the Stock Enclosure!

Looking to use the Amp i have now and find a good shallow mount sub..or a normal sub that can sound clean and have that nice bass Listen to Hip Hop and Dub Step inside the Stock Enclosure...any suggestions?

I was thinking 10inch....since stock sub is 8 inch why not upgrade right?
You would get so much more out of a different enclosure!

Quote:
You need to change your signature to: *Disclaimer* Tiburon's spontaneously combust when I'm near.
#47 Old 06-27-2012, 03:01 AM
NewTiburon.com God

silver_platinum
(Thread Starter)

Really want the trunk space and clean look!

Only option i would consider maybe is going with this Enclosure but i only want 2 run a single 10 or 12 sub to the full 600w potential of the Amp.

http://www.supercrewsound.com/03tiburon.html
Attached Images

#48 Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

An older, smaller one I built for a single 10.

Last edited by Regina; 06-27-2012 at 07:07 AM.
#49 Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

Hybrid transmission line box for a DD 1008

Teaser:

Last edited by Regina; 06-27-2012 at 07:10 AM.
#50 Old 06-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Lost in Oklahomo

Hopefully I tickled your creative juices a bit for designs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.