Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Official Toronto/GTA Chat Thread

91K views 1K replies 98 participants last post by  GK27V6 
#1 ·
We need one, we're a dying community here lol

Let's get this together and make a huge friendly Tiburon/Tuscani community and start doing things.

We can help each other out, hang out, roll call, plan events, trade, sell and buy easier and quicker.

This isn't only for the GTA this includes the outer areas such as London, Hamilton, Barrie, Kitchener, Ajax etc you get the list..

Let's make it happen!

I'll introduce myself so someone has something to say.

My name is Ryan and I currently drive an 03 Midnight Blue Tiburon and it's a i4. I live in Stratford, west of Toronto. I've got quite a few mods shown in my sig. Pictures? I'm waiting untill I buy the Zaino Kit in Guelph and go on a long day of detailing then get a photo shoot going. Plans for more mods? Yep, I plan getting exhaust and cut the rear diffuser, nightshade the taillights, throw the spoiler off and buy another shorty antenna, third one lol. Now introduce yourself!

I've met a few of you guys on here and talked to a few that I haven't met yet, hope we can meet sooner or later.

If a mod can sticky this, that would be awesome. Thanks.

See less See more
#5 ·
My name is Ian
I live in Oshawa
I drive a 2003 artic whtie tiburon.
It is a 4 banger
I used to have it modded to the ****.
I have since basically become bored with the car and sold off 90% of its mods
The few I have remaining are, Zeferio Rhonda kit, 18" eneki evo 5(?) rims in broze and a jensen dvd touch screen head unit.
Basically everything else is stock.
Do I plan to mod it more? No not really. Do I plan on selling the car within the next 2 years.. ya most likly.
Will I get 1/4 of what I paid for it? Nope.

#6 ·
what's up. brandon from aurora w/ a silver 07 i4. mods in sig however i'm hoping to be F/I by next summer.. i'm moving to hamilton for school but yea.. that's about it lol. i've met 2 ppl on here so far: tib_on and cabby.. good guys.

#8 ·
Hi My names Andre, i recently recovered from a huge massive bug/flu i got this spring/summer, also just released from rehab, i need friends, anyone willing? lol

Well i drive an 07 GT tibby, its my pride and joy. I live in the toronto area, pretty much center Toronto. Anyways my cars heavily modded i think at least, well for an 07 :p. I still have a few things i want done. On the list of things to do are drilled and slotted rotors, install my AFC NEO, rear strut bar, and a rear sway bar. Thats pretty much it for some time, maybe a little few things here and there but nothing to drastic. I like meeting new ppl, so get your A$$es to a T.O meet or something gosh we need a bigger community, only fellow tib member i have is my MOM!!! liek cmon dudes, she drives a silver i4 lol :D

#10 ·
Toronto region, North York woot =)
i win haha.

I think the reason why most meets don;t work too well, is due to the locale your like all scattered all over the area. =P
The gas prices is another thing and whatever schedule you all have.
However it would be awesome if there was a meet =).

04 V6 Tuscani.

#13 ·
Hey i'm andrew, i'm in guelph right now but am moving back up north east, I have an 2003 Tiburon "Tuscani" Many upgrades in a short time, Nothing too drastic though. I plan on buying a Genesis when it comes to canada in 2010, gonna be hard though, i LOVE my tib. Hope too see you all at Hyundai Sundai!

#14 ·
Ok, I'll post.

I'm Tibbychick, or TC for short. I am from Long Island, NY, but my husband is from Brampton, so, I'm currently waiting to receive my permanent residence visa. I've been visiting the GTA since 2002, and lived there from 2006-2007. I'll be moving back to Mississauga for good as soon as I get my damn visa.

I drive a 1999 Tiburon, it's my 3rd one. My first one was totalled twice. The second one died in the middle of PA when I was driving it home from upstate NY, so that one became a parts car. My current one I bought on ebay.

So yeah, come to Hyundai Sunday cause I'm kinda organizing it, lol.

#15 ·
hey

adam here,

you all knwo who i am, i have an 03 silver GT V6, lots O mods...too many to list as i always forget some when i list them

My tib will be turning 5yrs old Aug 28, 2008, and that will be my last payment and i fianlly own her..

I Live in bolton, and i work in oshawa, 200kms a day round trip for work. hence why my tib has 227,000kms.

Still running the orginal clutch, orginal timing belt...well pretty much orginal everything

only had to replace a couple things ( window motor once, both door lock actuators, reverse light switch on the tranny coupel times, and the BCM GAH...1500 i will never get back)

all in all it has been a great car.

onyl one other tib rivals mine and that was ernie who got over 300,000kms on his, i am working my way there....

#21 ·
very close to it, on the 401 just west of London was doing about 125km/h and saw white behind an overpass pillar. Looked like flowers though and not a pig since i figured i would see more of the car. Got close and seen it was a cop, got on the brakes and got it down to about 110 without hitting them hard enough for the front end to dip significantly. looked in the rearview and seen that the brakes were on, then they were off and he came out after me and the pack of cars I was with. nailed the guy in the grand prix directly behind me. maybe he didnt hit the brakes enough or I just got really lucky.

Either way I couldnt afford a ticket right now, I have school starting again in a month. last year! :3_winkthu

#18 ·
WOW! Finally Toronto woke up LOL!
Andre here...see.. sig for mods...
DRAG RACING....CAYUGA...NEED I SAY MORE>>>
Who wants to go...It is a TON-O-Fun(I'm the only tib their when i go) LOL!
30.00$ all the runs you can handle
Cheers hope ti chat soon...

#20 ·
My name is Jason. Im Wojoboy's mechanic-on-call. ;)
Im also an a$$....deal with it.

Driving an '06 Tuscani that hates me and SC's equally.

#27 ·
holy crap dean your still lurking around here?????? how is the beamer been treating you??? I got 164,xxx km on the tibby now but the speed sensor or something is fuxored and the odo isn't turning anymore been like that since the meet at adam's place, i figure i have put around 10k + on it since then.. I just paid hyundai to replace the speed sensor and that didn't help anything. though they only replaced the one sensor on the wheel and not the one on my tranny saying that there is only one on my car...so i don't know what the fu(k is wrong with my car and I drive arond with no speedo woot woot.....

#31 ·
Jay, from bowmanville, had my 03 silver v6 gt tib for about 3 months. Bought it bone stock. Have sunk a bit of money into it... and plan to keep going... Good to see there is actually people from around me that go on this thing!

#35 ·
You're all banned!!!!

Yeah, I keep meaning to come down every year, but guaranteed something always comes up. I do want to come down and finally meet all you big city folks. Pretty big deal for a humble Newfoundlander. Just be careful I don't drink you under the table Ian :p :3_bier:

#40 ·
chris - you might be a newfy but i got scotish and irish in me :) and a huge beer belly to go with that haha. lets just call it a draw till you finally get your *** down here

dean - im hella jealous bro

#41 ·
Hey guys! Jon here, from the big Metropolis of Acton, just outside of Guelph, driving supercharged 04 Tuscani. Haven't met anyone from on here, but keep meaning to, and would go to the meet in Hamilton, but won't be around that weekend! Have another meet and maybe I will meet some of you fellow tib owners!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.