1. Install the crankshaft sprocket. Align the pulley set key with the key groove the crankshaft sprocket and slide on the crankshaft sprocket.
2. Install the camshaft sprockets and tighten the bolts to the specified torque. (a. Temporarily install the camshaft sprocket bolts.) (b. Hold the hexagonal head wrench portion of the camshaft with a wrench, and tighten the camshaft sprocket bolts.)
TORQUE: Tightening torque - Camshaft sprocket bolt 90 ~ 110Nm (900 ~ 1100kgf.cm, 65 ~ 80lbf.ft)
3. Install the idler pulley(B) and the tensioner pulley(A).
TORQUE: Tightening torque - Idler pulley bolt 50 ~ 60Nm (500 ~ 600kgf.cm, 36 ~ 43lbf.ft) & Tensioner arm fixed bolt 35 ~ 55Nm (350 ~ 550kgf.cm, 25 ~ 40lbf.ft)
NOTE: Insert and install the idler pulley to the roll pin that is pressed in the water pump boss.
4. Align the timing marks of the camshaft sprocket and crankshaft sprocket with the No.1 piston placed at top dead center and its compression stroke.
5. Set timing belt tensioner. (a. Using a press, slowly press in the push rod.) (b. Align the holes of the push rod and housing pass a set pin through the holes to keep the setting position of the push rod.) (c. Release the press.)
6. Install the timing belt tensioner. (a. Temporarily install the tensioner with the 2bolts.) (b. Alternately tighten the 2bolts.)
TORQUE: Tightening torque - 20 ~ 27Nm (200 ~ 270kgf.cm, 14 ~ 20lbf.ft)
7. Install the timing belt. (a. Remove any oil or water on the sprockets, and keep them clean.) (b. Install the tming belt in this order. Crankshaft sprocket(A) → Idler pulley(B) → Camshaft sprocket LH side(C) → Water pump pulley(D) → Camshaft sprocket RH side(E) → Tensioner pulley(F)
8. Remove the set pin(A) from the tensioner.
9. Timing belt tensioner checking. (a. Rotate the crankshaft 2turns clockwise and measure the projected length of the auto tensioner at TDC(#1 compression stroke) after 5 minutes.) (b. The projected length should be 7 ~ 9mm (0.27 ~ 0.31in.))
10. Install the engine support bracket(A).
TORQUE: Tightening torque - B : 60 ~ 70Nm (600 ~ 700kgf.cm, 43 ~ 51lbf.ft)
C : 15 ~ 22Nm (150 ~ 220kgf.cm, 11 ~ 16lbf.ft)
11. Install the timing belt lower cover(A) with 4bolts(B).
TORQUE: Tightening torque - Timing belt cover bolt 10 ~ 12Nm (100 ~120kgf.cm, 7 ~ 9lbf.ft)
12. Install the drive belt idler pulley(A).
TORQUE: Tightening torque - Idler pulley bolt 35 ~ 55Nm (350 ~ 550kgf.cm, 25 ~ 40lgf.ft)
13. Install the crankshaft pulley(A). Make sure that crankshaft sprocket pin fits the small hole in the pulley.
TORQUE: Tightening torque - Crankshaft pulley bolt 180 ~ 190Nm (1800 ~ 1900kgf.cm, 130 ~ 138lbf.ft)
14. Install the timing belt upper cover(A) with 7bolts(B).
15. Install the power steering pump.
16. Install the drive belt tensioner(B) and drive belt(A).
17. Install the engine mount bracket. Install engine mount bracket with 2nuts and 2bolt.
TORQUE: Tightening torque - 60 ~ 80Nm (600 ~ 800kgf.cm, 44 ~ 59lbf.ft)
18. Install RH side cover(A) with 2bolts(B).
19. Install RH front wheel.
20. Install engine cover.