LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 04-20-2004, 03:15 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JackMcNASTY is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Auto Shifter Boot Removal

All you need for tools is a flatt screwdriver, a socket wrench and a 12mm deep socket.

Pop off the button with the flat screwdriver and remove all the pieces inside until you find this nut.

Remove nut

Pop off the top plate with the flat screwdriver and remove it.

Slide the boot over the shifter plate and put the knob back on.

Now just put the button and spring back on and put the cover back on and your done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-20-2004, 03:49 PM
NewTiburon.com God

ron169 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Auto Shifter boot DIY

Jack, ill leave this here for a few days to get some post, then ill move it for ya

03 GT V6 6 speed
184.8 whp
183.6 wtq

best ET 14.550 @ 96.99 all motor
#3 Old 04-20-2004, 03:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

cringe is an unknown quantity at this point

This DIY makes me sad
#4 Old 04-20-2004, 04:33 PM
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron169
Jack, ill leave this here for a few days to get some post, then ill move it for ya
Thanks Ron....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 04-20-2004, 04:34 PM
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cringe
This DIY makes me sad

You make me sad.

#6 Old 04-20-2004, 04:35 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

cringe is an unknown quantity at this point

mission accomplished.
#7 Old 04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
NewTiburon.com God

David Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another levelDavid Seale is on another level

ive been wanting to do this, but what kind of boot can i use? im sure i cant just use any boot right?
#8 Old 04-20-2004, 11:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

MattTiburon is an unknown quantity at this point

i like this a lot
what types of shifter boots can we use?
thanks
Matt

#9 Old 04-25-2004, 02:14 PM
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

I just used a ractive universal boot.

Note: to put a manual knob on you have to disable the linkage that locks the key in place while you have the car in gear. It is on the pasenger side and if you play around with the button you will see what I am talking about.

#10 Old 05-25-2004, 09:41 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

FunkNasty777 is an unknown quantity at this point

red x's...anyway to get the pics back up?

06 Honda Civic SI
#11 Old 05-25-2004, 10:02 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

ShiftMatiX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkNasty777
red x's...anyway to get the pics back up?
www.photobucket.com

2003 Silver Tiburon - STOLEN
2004 Black SRT-4
#12 Old 06-16-2004, 08:52 PM

DarkNemesis is an unknown quantity at this point

jackMcNASTY

Your the MAN - never would have thaught of it, one more thing for my Tib

So easy to do, thanks to you

Nem
#13 Old 06-17-2004, 04:36 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Tuscanishark007 will become famous soon enough

i did it , AND LOVE IT!

NV-P.com
#14 Old 06-17-2004, 04:20 PM
TNT
and his new kimchi coupe

TNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another levelTNT is on another level

Nice for auto owners. Funny for manual owners..

Gone, but not forgotten: 2003 GT V6 6MT in Jet Black @ 102,000 mi
Traded: Early 2003 GT V6 Auto in Super Silver @ 194,869 mi

Current: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 6MT in Silverstone

#15 Old 06-30-2004, 06:42 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Tib03 is an unknown quantity at this point

why , sorry to those out there who disagree with me but this sounds so freeken stupid. if u wanted a standard you should have bought one, trying to get people to believe u drive a standard when u have an auto, they're gonna laugh at u, i would too, hey dont foget to put on all the stickers for that clutch u dont have either

Last edited by Tib03; 06-30-2004 at 06:45 PM. Reason: mispelled words
#16 Old 07-02-2004, 06:46 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

04TibGTV6SE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib03
why , sorry to those out there who disagree with me but this sounds so freeken stupid. if u wanted a standard you should have bought one, trying to get people to believe u drive a standard when u have an auto, they're gonna laugh at u, i would too, hey dont foget to put on all the stickers for that clutch u dont have either

Come on Tib03. Some people dont know how to drive standard thats why they bought automatic/shiftronic, like me. I think it looks cool since you dont even need to look at the labels if you know your car like you should. I bought shiftronic to learn to drive standard, which i got pretty good at. I personally drive in shiftronic all the time now. so dont make fun of the autos

04 Tiburon GTV6 Special Edition Yellow

Tuscani "T" badges, removed all others
Sirius Lifetime Member
Engraved Shifter Plate
Diamond Plate Floor Mats
Oil Catch
waiting for auto SDS!
#17 Old 07-06-2004, 09:57 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Tib03 is an unknown quantity at this point

im an auto myself, not making of autos, just think putting a boot is stupid
#18 Old 07-06-2004, 01:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

04TibGTV6SE is an unknown quantity at this point

This tutorial helped me a bit. I got DoubleD's shifter plate in and this showed me how to remove that whole piece. Its alot easier than trying to pry it with a screwdriver. Thanks for the tutorial Jack

04 Tiburon GTV6 Special Edition Yellow

Tuscani "T" badges, removed all others
Sirius Lifetime Member
Engraved Shifter Plate
Diamond Plate Floor Mats
Oil Catch
waiting for auto SDS!
#19 Old 07-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Resident Mechanical Engineer

Bosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another levelBosco is on another level

Quote:
Come on Tib03. Some people dont know how to drive standard thats why they bought automatic/shiftronic, like me.
Sorry dude, but that makes you less of a man. If you don't know how to drive a stick, don't modify an auto to make it look like you have a driving skill that takes all of a whole afternoon to learn. If I got in a car with someone who looked like they had a stick from the looks of the shift knob, yet their left leg was curiously still, I would get out at the next traffic light and walk to my destination. It's a sad display - almost rice!

Look, I don't mean to knock it. Hell, the mod looks great. But it's just not manly.
#20 Old 07-10-2004, 03:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

DVTib is an unknown quantity at this point

I just love how we can take apart our cars with two screwdrivers and a wrench

RIP: 6/12/03-12/11/04

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback.......

hiboost turbo kit

waiting on money for:
Stage 2 heads
#21 Old 07-11-2004, 10:30 AM

FunkNasty777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco
Sorry dude, but that makes you less of a man. If you don't know how to drive a stick, don't modify an auto to make it look like you have a driving skill that takes all of a whole afternoon to learn. If I got in a car with someone who looked like they had a stick from the looks of the shift knob, yet their left leg was curiously still, I would get out at the next traffic light and walk to my destination. It's a sad display - almost rice!

Look, I don't mean to knock it. Hell, the mod looks great. But it's just not manly.
This debates been had already, don't go fouling up this DIY with it. People do it because the auto plate and knob just look U-G-L-Y. Luxury cars have the same set up with their autos - no one is doing it to pretend they have an stick, it just enhances the look of the car, no one is going to be fake shifting at the light etc... Some of us have autos because the tiburon is our daily driver - when you commute and have to sit in traffic for hours, a stick is the last thing you want to be driving.

06 Honda Civic SI
#22 Old 07-11-2004, 11:33 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

TibShark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkNasty777
This debates been had already, don't go fouling up this DIY with it. People do it because the auto plate and knob just look U-G-L-Y. Luxury cars have the same set up with their autos - no one is doing it to pretend they have an stick, it just enhances the look of the car, no one is going to be fake shifting at the light etc... Some of us have autos because the tiburon is our daily driver - when you commute and have to sit in traffic for hours, a stick is the last thing you want to be driving.
No offence to anyone, and I was`nt going to write anything about this, until I saw what you wrote. I drive a stick and commute, and sit in traffic, it does`nt bother me one bit. You get used to it. I think once you learn to drive a stick you will never go back to automatic. I find driving auto is boring. Well if you are happy with your set up so be it !!!!! That's what counts.
#23 Old 07-11-2004, 04:30 PM
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib03
You are a complete idiot. I don't pretend I have amanual. I tell everyone that asks that I have an auto and everyone that knows me knows I have an auto. I did it cause I hated the look of the shifter and wanted something more sleek.

I like my auto and don't have a problem with it. I also know how to drive stick rather well, I just felt like getting an auto for the ease of use.

#24 Old 07-11-2004, 06:10 PM
NewTiburon.com God

nemo is an unknown quantity at this point

ummm.... why try to hide the fact that you own an auto..

fd? where?
#25 Old 07-11-2004, 10:46 PM
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Nemo, can you read? Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Read the post right above yours you dipshlt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.