Location of the Crank, Cam, and TPS Sensors - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 01-06-2008, 01:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Addicted2Speed
(Thread Starter)
Location of the Crank, Cam, and TPS Sensors

I'm planning to install an AEM FIC soon, and need to know the locations of the Crank, Cam, and TPS sensors. There are two electrical connectors near the throttle body. I'm not sure which one is the TPS. My car has the 2.7L V6 engine.

I will be tapping into the wires near each sensor for ease of installation.

Thanks for any help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-06-2008, 01:59 PM
NewTiburon.com God

VoodooXTC has a spectacular aura aboutVoodooXTC has a spectacular aura aboutVoodooXTC has a spectacular aura about
Re: Location of the Crank, Cam, and TPS Sensors

the cam sensor is on the right side of the engine on the end of the intake cam of the rear bank. the crank sensor is close to the starter... i think lol i know its in that general region. ya just checked it right above the starter. and i believe the tps is the lower sensor inline with the butterfly

Quote:
dude you are fvcking mental..... and its awesome!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2003 GT 5spd Scattered through out my garage, shed and across North America.

1990 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo 5spd..........
#3 Old 01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Dave: NT Admin

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Rushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another levelRushr is on another level

Here you go man. The Crank Position Sensor is down on the block behind the front header.

#4 Old 01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Addicted2Speed
(Thread Starter)

Thanks again for the pictures!

#5 Old 08-21-2011, 02:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Broken Halo is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a special trick to the clip holding the crankshaft position sensor? I push down that metal clip but I can't get it to come loose for nothing. Its a 2003 so its probably either just stuck really good or I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited by Broken Halo; 08-21-2011 at 02:54 PM.
#6 Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
MindHacker is just really niceMindHacker is just really niceMindHacker is just really niceMindHacker is just really nice

pull the metal clip all the way off (sideways), then pull the cable off.

Also, don't bump old threads.

Go: Alpine m62 @ 5psi strut/sway/room/lower bars, DTPs, koyo rad, LW fly, +clutch, xg350 bbk, 18x8+35
Show: Lambo's, CF Hatch/hood/trim, diffuser, tint, fenders, volt stabilizer, strobes, AE's, underglow, gilllglow, custom tails
Interior: Integrated radar/eeepc/cb, dynamat, 300w sub, marble & leather, glow, sills, door plates + 2nd handles, Starlight headliner, analog clock, passenger horn
In progress: fixing these.
#7 Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Miiitchhh

For anyone whos about to do this to their car, i just did it and its a mother to get to.

If you can't find it, look at your coils where your wires plug in, underneith that are two connectors. One of those connections (on my car it was the black one closest to you) leads to the crank sensor. Follow it back with your hands, it goes right into the wall near the bottom of the engine.

I had to remove the hose from my radiator because it blocks your view.

This might not be the case on yours, but i couldn't fit a socket onto the bolt (like there literally isnt enough space between the bolt and the sensor to fit a socket...). I had to use a little 10mm wrench and luckly mine was loose because its so retarded trying to get your hand down in there.

And im not bumping an old thread i read this thread 3 hours ago when i couldn't find the sensor and i wish someone would have wrote this^

South Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.