Hi-Scan Pro / CASCADE Emulator Available for Download - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 204 Old 06-25-2014, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)
Talking Hi-Scan Pro for Windows Download (Dealer-Level Diagnostics)

Download Hi-Scan Pro with Car Scanner Device Emulator (CASCADE) v0.9.3 Windows PC emulation software (30.4MB Zip) - including the following ROM packs and misc. documentation.
ASIAN PACK1.bin
ASIAN PACK2.bin
EUROPEAN PACK1.bin
EUROPEAN PACK2.bin
HYUNDAI KIA.bin
KOREAN.bin
USA AUSTRALIA.bin
Hi-Scan Pro User Manual included. This software is not DEMO, but instead FULLY FUNCTIONAL. No installation required - package (.exe) may be executed directly from a flash drive or saved to your local drive for permanent residence.

Clear ABS and SRS MIL's, program keyless-entry transmitters (see caution), initiate automatic transmission 'retrain' and many other dealer-level options including the ability to actuate modules and observe numerous sensor readings in real-time.

CASCADE Limitation:
Quote:
"No automatic pin switching. The original [Hi-Scan Pro] diagnostic interface and corresponding cable is able to connect to ECU's with the K-line on pins other than 7 on the OBD connector. The low-price USB interfaces used with CASCADE do not have that capability, so it may be required to physically modify the OBD interface in order to be able to connect to such ECU's."
Please also see the following posts:
Hi-Scan Pro / CASCADE Emulator Available for Download
Hi-Scan Pro / CASCADE Emulator Available for Download
Per user Airkix72:
Quote:
"Jump pins 8, 12, and 15 to pin 7 and you can access all the systems on hiscan..."
Custom DLC Cable:

Breakout Box Example:

This should allow for nearly full control and diagnostics of the ECU, BCM, SRS and ABS modules for a total investment of less than $60. You may of course build your own cable as opposed to using a breakout box, for working exclusively on Hyundai vehicles. To use the program with other makes & models may require undocumented mods, or none whatsoever.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their contributions.

Big hat-tip to airkix72 for the official Hi-Scan Pro user guide, his testing of various ODB2 cables, breakout-box pin-out and more.

Here's to a new revolution in Tiburon DYI engine management.

Last edited by NxTC1275; 07-07-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Edited based on thread feedback (URL's, etc).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 204 Old 06-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Re: Hi-Scan Pro / CASCADE Emulator Available for Download

Nice, I already have a USB to OBDII cable, wonder if it will work.

From the one screenshot, do you know if this will clear the dreaded "SRS light" when your front buckle switches fail?

How much have you used this set-up?

[A link to an older type of interface can be found here...]

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 188K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"life is lived, one corner at a time".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #3 of 204 Old 06-25-2014, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)

Yes, it can.

Last edited by NxTC1275; 07-03-2014 at 04:21 AM.

post #4 of 204 Old 06-25-2014, 08:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
airkix72 has a spectacular aura aboutairkix72 has a spectacular aura about

thanks, I'm ordering the cables and breakaway box right now
I will definitely post results

My 2 Tibs, Yellow 04 GT SE auto "The DD" and the black 03 GT 6spd, The "I learned to be a mechanic" car

I am gathering all the files related to the Tib and hosting them, if you have a file I don't please PM me and I will host it.

post #5 of 204 Old 06-26-2014, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)

I'm looking for a local parts car, '07 or '08 GT. It'd be nice if it had power/battery & ECU operational. I'd try to talk the manager into letting me burn on it a minute, lol. Not likely if I expressed any potential risk.. "You break it, you buy it..." But really, I don't want to hose my EPROM(s). Think it'll be 'aight. I have the Air Bag MIL 24/7 now, myself. It showed up a few hours (yep, hours) after disconnecting the passenger airbag indicator (right-side of clock) in removing the center bezel for my audio work. I'm hoping it's just warning due to the open switch, vanish after ECU reset & upon reconnecting it... Can hope. I won't pull the fuse to 'make it go away', my O.C.D. compels me to find the root cause & fix it right.

Won't know until I do the final assembly & bind/loom my cables behind the dash. It's packed with XM hardware under the head unit, thick DIN cables, etc.

I went on the hunt for a viable copy of Hi-Scan, & the ROM's we'd need to manipulate & test these machines at a dealer level. I wanted to test the IAC value loose in my hand before re-attaching the throttle body (post cleaning). Our cars, with dedicated (and availability of parts) will have great longevity when we can see the full picture & not just ECU/engine fault codes, BCU & everything...

I haven't found a software solution for manipulating the pinouts, but that'd be elegant. In any case, when we find K-Lines that must be 'moved' for a given set of tests, we'll definitely document it all & I'll revise that package.

I'm thinking... CASCADE's developer was paid-off by the Hyundai consortium to cease making it available for purchase, a quiet contract if you will. Coinciding with the HyundaiTechInfo site turning to subscriptions.

We bought their machines, we maintain our own $hit & can figure things out. We need these things.

End of story!

tC
post #6 of 204 Old 06-26-2014, 02:49 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
majster46 is an unknown quantity at this point

srs faults can be checked and erased by something like this

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...609379770.html

Of course also we can check another faults (engine, abs/tcs)
post #7 of 204 Old 06-26-2014, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)

Please run the CASCADE/Hi-Scan Pro emulator package with that adapter (if you have one) and let us know your results? Thanks.
post #8 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

SUCCESS!!!!

First off, thanks @NxTC1275 for putting that package together.

The pinout box was worth it so go ahead and get that but DO NOT buy the adapters he has listed, they are NOT FDTI chipsets.
I bought both, neither worked, so I researched and found the right adapters (btw these both work with openECU, the DIY tuner app, here's the link for that if you wanna venture down that road)
get this one get this one
or this one. or this one.

Once you have one of those adapters (or any FDTI chipset), download the adapter drivers, if these drivers don't work, then your chipset is not compatible.

if it worked, in the cascade emulator in the bottom right corner in the interface box it should have you adapter listed. If it does, you are golden. (see picture)

I successfully
- cleared my airbag light (jump 7 and 12 on the pinout box when it tells you to switch cables)
- found out why my abs light was on. (jump 7 and 8 on pinout)
- checked flight data (for ****s and giggles)
- check DTC code history
- real time wheel speed sensor (jump 7 and 14)(the car wasn't moving so all was zeroed out but it did work)

The Emulator works flawlessly so far in windows XP (had problems loading the rom til I cleared off read only on the files), I will post more when I get a chance to mess with it later tonight.

Screencap of my ABS light issue:

My 2 Tibs, Yellow 04 GT SE auto "The DD" and the black 03 GT 6spd, The "I learned to be a mechanic" car

I am gathering all the files related to the Tib and hosting them, if you have a file I don't please PM me and I will host it.

Last edited by airkix72; 07-03-2014 at 06:29 PM.
post #9 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 01:06 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
h8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice!

Does the software have the option for programming keyless remotes?

I think I might get this breakout box....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cheap-OBDII-..._Tools&vxp=mtr

Last edited by h8isgr8; 07-02-2014 at 01:14 PM.
post #10 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)

Great to hear! I've ordered one of these Chinese adapters but cannot tell what type of chipset it uses. If it fails I'll be picking up one you recommended.

Soon we'll need to chomp on creating a definitive guide for its use to save everyone else the experimental drama & wasted money on incompatible adapters.

Swweeet.
post #11 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 01:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8isgr8 View Post
Nice!

Sure looks like it, but I'm not pressing enter to find out

Quote:
I think I might get this breakout box....
If I can find the pinout for this dealer cable you wouldn't need a box, you could make your own cable

Here are some random goodies:

Check out the number in the upper right corner.... 42 sensor outputs lol

Engine - V6 menu:

ECU Info screen.... Wonder what each character means, it's a mystery lol

post #12 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)

I believe you can pair up the key fobs without having to use software. Thought there was a key on/off sequence that's been guarded. Will look for it...
post #13 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 01:54 PM
NewTiburon.com God

h8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of lighth8isgr8 is a glorious beacon of light

This is pretty sick that we can now have a working Hi-Scan setup for less than $60!
post #14 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 01:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxTC1275 View Post
Soon we'll need to chomp on creating a definitive guide for its use to save everyone else the experimental drama & wasted money on incompatible adapters.
Speaking of definitive guide, here is the pinout I used for the various tests based on what I found on the board during earlier research.

These pins are based on the pinout box, not the backwards ass hyundai connector
OBD commons
K line - pin 7
12v - pin 16
grounds - pins 4 and 5

Specialty pins
ABS - pin 8
Airbags - pin 12
Wheel speed sensor - pin 14
DCT - pin 15

Can anyone confirm this?

post #15 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Still the same me...

Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxTC1275 View Post
I believe you can pair up the key fobs without having to use software. Thought there was a key on/off sequence that's been guarded. Will look for it...
My understanding is that there is a way to make your keyfobs work again if there was an issue..... but, no way to do "button pushes", etc. to pair new ones or to pair to a different BCM.

My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #16 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by airkix72 View Post
These pins are based on the pinout box, not the backwards ass hyundai connector
OBD commons
K line - pin 7
12v - pin 16
grounds - pins 4 and 5

Specialty pins
ABS - pin 8
Airbags - pin 12
Wheel speed sensor - pin 14
DCT - pin 15

Can anyone confirm this?
Man I love these forums, here's the confirmed pinout:

post #17 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Still the same me...

Thumbs up Re: Hi-Scan Pro / CASCADE Emulator Available for Download

@airkix72, I would give you some +rep..... but I have recently.

Thanks for the great info.....

When I get a chance, I will check out my OBDII cables to see if they work as well (using a E. G. Harrison OBDII adaptor & software....).

post #18 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 04:17 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
bloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to beholdbloodycliff is a splendid one to behold

I'll cover it, thats cool as hell

Performance
Weapons-R Secret SRI / RPW Equal Length Headers / Borla Exhaust

Style
Zefiro Ronda BodyKit / Focal F10 Rims / VIS Cyber Carbon Fiber Hood
post #19 of 204 Old 07-02-2014, 04:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this
It's the Hyundai hiscan pro user manual in PDF form, very useful.

I also found an alternate manual, it seems like it has slightly different information so grab it HERE

post #20 of 204 Old 07-03-2014, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
My understanding is that there is a way to make your keyfobs work again if there was an issue..... but, no way to do "button pushes", etc. to pair new ones or to pair to a different BCM.
Found this text, unconfirmed:
1. Sit in the driver's seat of your Hyundai vehicle. Close all of
the vehicle's doors behind you.

2. Stick the key to your Hyundai into the vehicle's ignition
cylinder . Turn the key to the "ACC" or "Accessory" ignition
position.

3. Hold down the "Open" or "Unlock" button on the keyless
entry FOB until the vehicle's lights flash. The keyless entry
FOB is now reprogrammed to your Hyundai vehicle.
I need a key code from my VIN#, but without HyundaiTechInfo... can't find any local locksmiths able to 'originate' a key (not mechanical copy). I have one key fob & one key, period. Suspect the key is a copy of a copy. A little gritty upon insert. Genuine Hyundai Tiburon blanks (non transponder even) aren't easy to come by for a reasonable cost.

Happen to know where is the keyless entry receiver (radio) ia located? Is it baked into the BCM, or is it a separate device? Also associated antenna. A quick look through component locations didn't yield the answer. I'd like to attempt extending its range a bit.

Last edited by NxTC1275; 07-03-2014 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Appended with question.
post #21 of 204 Old 07-03-2014, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

NxTC1275
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
If I can find the pinout for this dealer cable you wouldn't need a box, you could make your own cable:
Check this out:

'Mr. Bob' PC Based OBD2 DLC Electronic Breakout Box
Website

Last edited by NxTC1275; 07-03-2014 at 03:07 AM.
post #22 of 204 Old 07-03-2014, 04:20 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
@h8isgr8, a little update for you.
I successfully reprogrammed my 04 keyless entry fob to my 03, super simple.
I posted the shop manual details below, so this is confirmed working with the emulator.

More to come

Last edited by airkix72; 07-03-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling errors bothered me
post #23 of 204 Old 07-03-2014, 04:27 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation!
post #24 of 204 Old 07-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Retired NT Staff

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Regina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another level

I smell a newbie of the year. Great job and info air!
post #25 of 204 Old 07-03-2014, 12:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I smell a newbie of the year. Great job and info air!
haha funny you say that, because I'm about to double post, because I'm so hardcore

Airbag light DTC clear (mean't to post this earlier)

Some of the screens I took was from the HD Coupe 02- In Hyundai General, opposed to using Tiburon in Hyundai USA

V6 User select this Engine, (there was a ton of engine options, some were leaded lol)

Live tests and data (the car was running and in some cases moving)

Injector test was awesome because while it was going the car was idling like crap, meaning it was working

Last edited by airkix72; 07-03-2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Only got the double in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cascade, hi-scan, hyundai, tiburon, windows

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.