Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

please help!! new to page and tiburons.

732 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Charlie-III 
#1 ·
Okay. I have a 2007 tib gt. When I first got it, it drove like a dream but here for the past week or so two or more things have happened. My lifter has started to tap which I heard was common and will fix before driving it around to much. But my main concern is when I pull out of my driveway I'll shift to 1st and try to accelerate. My rpms go up as they should bit I'm hardly gaining speed. Like 10 mph or less 1st-2nd. 2nd-3rd the same then fourth is about how it supposed to be. That and it usually stops at or around 40-45mph. Another thing when I take my foot off of accelerating it bogs down very quickly like downshifting but idk it that's how tib are or what. It's all just a mystery to me.

#2 ·
As far as lifter tick, try using a hyundai oil filter. See if that helps.
If your Rpms are going up and your gaining speed slow, my guess is your clutch is slipping. Maybe someone else will chime in on this. I'm thinking your looking at a new clutch soon. Since you just got the car, do you know when the timing belt has been replaced? Better safe than sorry.

#3 ·
+1......

There is a whole stickie regarding "ticking", usual issue is the wrong oil filter.

Your other issue does sound like a slipping clutch.

Welcome to NT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.