Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Has anyone heard of Split Second?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Charlie-III 
#1 ·
There may be a SC'd V6 joining NT soon.
It is using a Split Second spark/fuel controller, not sure yet which exact model.

General page..... https://splitsec.com/product-category/fueltiming-calibrators/

Anyone hear of/use one before? Thoughts or comments?
It's about $500 and is PC programmable.
The Tib it's on also has a wideband installed.

Reactions: 08TiburonSE
#2 ·
Yup, Split Second has been around for a while. I believe they used to offer DIY build your own controllers kind of like MegaSquirt but saw more profits by doing it themselves and charging more.

I would equate their current technology to a Perfect Power SMT6/7. They are very basic in what they can do but hey most people are good with that!

#3 ·
OK, I ask since:
1, a friend of my son bought a SC'd V6 Tib and we will be doing work on it, it has this "tuner".
2, hope to get my Legacy back on the road soon, sorta looking at basic AFR tuning and maybe spark. There are NO common ways to tune my ECU (ROMraider, COBB, Tactrix, etc.) except for a piggyback. I had looked at a PP before but life got in the way. I know I'm running a bit rich and want a little more out of my mods. I will be installing a wideband soon.

#5 ·
Yeah, I'm running a MAF, actually, one of the last years with MAF before they went MAP for a handful of years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.