Vent visors - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Vent visors

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes rain vents for our car? I'm talking about the smoked/black plastic things that attach above the door so when it's raining, you can crack the windows without water pouring in. Everytime it rains, if I open the window just an inch, water drips into the car and all over the door panel. I'm in the process of redoing the interior in leather and I really don't want it ruined.

I've tried Autoshade and a few others but no luck. I know it would look like @zz but I'm tired of drying off my door panel and window switch every time it rains.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi240 View Post
If screaming into cones at other people is a sport, THEN CONSIDER MY CAPS LOCK THE SPORT OF THE INTERNET!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2008, 02:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

smg72266
Re: Vent visors

i doubt there is anything available, there is no frame. so there is nothing to attach it to.

RIP Nick Stoliarov (EliteWarMachine) 1/20/87 - 7/11/08

BLACK PEARL 07 SE
DROWNED SILVER 03' GT R.I.P. 7/18/07

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
NewTiburon.com God

dernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nice
(Thread Starter)

Most of them just stick to the outside with 3M tape and there are ones that mount inside the window frame, when the vehicle has that.

I pretty much gave up finding them. It wouldn't look right anyway.

Quote:
If screaming into cones at other people is a sport, THEN CONSIDER MY CAPS LOCK THE SPORT OF THE INTERNET!
#4 Old 09-02-2008, 01:31 PM
NewTiburon.com God

6behindblueeyez will become famous soon enough6behindblueeyez will become famous soon enough

If you have a sunroof, try opening that slightly. I would take off the headliner and wrap the drain hoses with a zip tie though. Mine didn't seal from OEM. Every time it would get a little water in thier (open or just didn't seal 100%), the headliner would be a little wet.

Once you go rotary, you never go back.
#5 Old 09-02-2008, 01:37 PM
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

It's not the sunroof that is leaking. Nothing is "leaking" technically, it's just when it rains, the water runs off the roof just above the door and into the car. And if the window is cracked a little, making a right turn slings all the water to the left and it pours in.

I'll just live with it by not smoking in the car when it rains!

Quote:
#6 Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Freez007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dernt View Post
Most of them just stick to the outside with 3M tape and there are ones that mount inside the window frame, when the vehicle has that.

I pretty much gave up finding them. It wouldn't look right anyway.
We don't have a frame around our windows. How would the door shut, without the window hitting these vent visors, if they were attached to the actual "a pillar" and roof?
You would have to have your window partially open to close the door, then have a remote device to roll up the window after closing the door. Not impossible, but not practical either.
Once again, this is all just my $.02
#7 Old 09-02-2008, 01:57 PM
EL NINJA MODERADOR

YoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another levelYoYo is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freez007 View Post
We don't have a frame around our windows. How would the door shut, without the window hitting these vent visors, if they were attached to the actual "a pillar" and roof?
You would have to have your window partially open to close the door, then have a remote device to roll up the window after closing the door. Not impossible, but not practical either.
Once again, this is all just my $.02

/Thread

#8 Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

stu4stew is an unknown quantity at this point

prob the worst looking things ever

Pain is Short, Pride is Forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.