post #1 of 203 Old 12-24-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reinman is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
HID Colors

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've seen some people ask about HID color's and some people ask me about what my HID's look like. I did some research to answer all of your color questions. I hope this helps all of you wondering which HID's to buy.

3000K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. The 3000K capsule is actually a 5000K capsule specially coated with a film that filters out all the wave length except the range of wave length which emits yellow. This is the color temperature that will catch all the attention on the road.

5000K has an approximately 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and is the color temperature with the most output. The light appears fairly white, and has light yellowish hue when reflected off the road identical to the OEM HID equipped vehicles. This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight. It is idea for customers who does alot of back road or canyon driving and need the optimal visibility. This is the color temperature that give you the most light for your bucks

6000K has an approximately 2800lm output, which is 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 5000K. Although it has a bit lesser light output, it emits pure whiter light with very slight and barely noticeable tint of blue and purple

8000K has an approximately 2550lm output, which is about 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 6000K. While it has a bit lesser light output, it emits bluer light than the 6000K

10000K has an approximately 2200lm output, which is more than 2x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 10000K produces a deep blue light output approaching violet and the blue is noticeably deeper than the 8000K.

12000K has an approximately 2100lm output, which is more than 2x the light output of the traditional halogen light. This color temperature puts out a deep bluish violet light and is deeper colored than the 10000K. It is for customer who is looking for the most extreme and most exotic looking light output.

All HID vary due to power and a bit of a color difference. Most kits with the same "K" will look almost exactly the same to the naked eye. If any one has any other questions about these, just shoot me a PM and i'll answer what i've read or research it and get back to you. Good luck with your kits!

Major General Oliver P. Smith, commander of the 1st Marine Division in Korea, who, when asked if his troops were retreating, said: "Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." (A variation on the fighting words of Marine Captain Lloyd W. Williams, who, when ordered to retreat at Belleau Wood in World War I, replied: "Retreat, hell! We just got here.")
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Reinman; 12-24-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 203 Old 12-24-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Novice

Reinman is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Re: HID Color's

Additions: These pictures are a little exagerated, but i think they will give you the idea.

They have been edited to help show the color difference, they really don't output "that much" color.

Major General Oliver P. Smith, commander of the 1st Marine Division in Korea, who, when asked if his troops were retreating, said: "Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." (A variation on the fighting words of Marine Captain Lloyd W. Williams, who, when ordered to retreat at Belleau Wood in World War I, replied: "Retreat, hell! We just got here.")
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 203 Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

GhostShark757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

for some reason Ive also seen that it also depends on the brand. Ive seen one brands color be a lil different than the other

Current Mods: Wingless, CC Headlights, 17" Stockies, Midnight Wolf Interior, Tuscani Badges, 10000k Low Beam HIDs, Roadruns Tomato Style Eyelines, Custom Engine Bay, Kenwood MP538U CD Deck, Custom Mesh Grille, Custom Exhaust, Diode Dynamics LED Dome Lights, Bros MF Sports Gauges, Autometer Triple Pillar Pod w/ 3 Autometer Ultra LIght Gauges-Oil Pressure, Air/Fuel Ratio, Water Temperature, Seibon CF TS Hood
post #4 of 203 Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Nema will become famous soon enough

As a general guide this is very accurate.

But yes, different brands will give you slightly different tints to the light. For instance, my 6000k HID's have a slightly greenish tint in comparison to my buddies 6000k HID's which are very blue/purple.

2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8GT: Mirabeau Blue
post #5 of 203 Old 12-25-2008, 02:02 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Egoff will become famous soon enoughEgoff will become famous soon enough

My 55w 8000Ks look a lot different than most other 8000Ks I've seen. They look like 10000K from a distance and 6000K up close.

"I do not approve of a word you say but will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

post #6 of 203 Old 12-25-2008, 08:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

2FaSt 4U is an unknown quantity at this point

My 8500K look a lot like the 6000K, they're not very blue. But, i also bought them off of eBay.(They are not the cheap brand, but they aren't top quality.)

- I'm not SPEEDING, I'm just QUALIFYING -
My DD: 2003 Tiburon GT

Other Vehicle: Cirrus SR-20

post #7 of 203 Old 12-27-2008, 01:19 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

tibbyT has a spectacular aura abouttibbyT has a spectacular aura about

Very nice thread. Maybe this will help some members. I am getting a little tired of answers HID questions.

Ark | SEIBON | SFR | FG Motorsports | TWM | AEM | ROTA
post #8 of 203 Old 12-27-2008, 01:41 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
tuscaniblu3 has a spectacular aura abouttuscaniblu3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FaSt 4U View Post
My 8500K look a lot like the 6000K, they're not very blue. But, i also bought them off of eBay.(They are not the cheap brand, but they aren't top quality.)
My old 8000K were also closer in colour to the 6000K shown in the pic. They've since been swapped out for 4300K, which I wouldn't change for the world, for two reasons:
  • The more colour you have in your HIDs, the more unwanted attention you're going to get from the cops, particularly in a modified tib.
  • 4300K is very bright and will show reflectors at a relatively "safe" distance, if you're paying attention. You do the math about what I'm talking about
DrummerZS likes this.

Get busy living or get busy dying.
post #9 of 203 Old 12-27-2008, 09:39 AM
NewTiburon.com God

fixer is just really nicefixer is just really nicefixer is just really nice

you also need to add that when you go 6000K or higher, you get a LOT of glare. Glare is bad for on coming traffic and it really is USELESS for the driver.

Like its been stated before, any of them with blue (6000K +) actually strains the eyes.

Personal recomendation...4300 or 5000.

Platinum Certified Hyundai Tech - since '99
post #10 of 203 Old 12-27-2008, 11:56 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Wolfman is an unknown quantity at this point

my 10k lights look like 8k about, and are pretty darn bright still... i have the apexcone ddm hids

2010 Nordschleife Gray Genesis Coupe 3.8

Pics coming eventually....
post #11 of 203 Old 01-04-2009, 05:08 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

cyberfuture07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Overall i have to say the 8000K are the hottest looking ones out there.

2008 Tiburon GT 2.7L Automatic, 17" Stock Rims, Tuscani "T" emblem conversion, GT Wing!, And more to come.
post #12 of 203 Old 01-04-2009, 09:03 AM

GeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer View Post
you also need to add that when you go 6000K or higher, you get a LOT of glare. Glare is bad for on coming traffic and it really is USELESS for the driver.

Like its been stated before, any of them with blue (6000K +) actually strains the eyes.

Personal recomendation...4300 or 5000.
Yeah, I would run 8000K myself but as of late, I too have been recommending 4500K-6000K to customers to get the best use out of HID's while still giving it a nice color.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings | OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap | GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
post #13 of 203 Old 01-04-2009, 01:18 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
nolfol is a name known to allnolfol is a name known to allnolfol is a name known to allnolfol is a name known to allnolfol is a name known to allnolfol is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Yeah, I would run 8000K myself but as of late, I too have been recommending 4500K-6000K to customers to get the best use out of HID's while still giving it a nice color.
i had 8000k on the 03 loved the color effect but not the greatest as said before for most visible light thats why i went with 4300k on my 07 there not here yet but i can't wait to see the difference .

NEW RIDE :2012 Sonata
SOLD2007 Vivivd Blue SE
long gone 2003 6spd Tib
post #14 of 203 Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 PM
NewTiburon.com God

TheMatrixGirL is an unknown quantity at this point

don't forget if you get 50/55WATT hids.. they're totally different colors.. meaning the Lumens is going to change so the temperature will vary. So the more "blue" you want, the higher the temp to buy, but will show more white

'07 Black Pearl w/ S&S - V6

Last edited by TheMatrixGirL; 01-05-2009 at 10:41 PM.
post #15 of 203 Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

f0x_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got 6000k and their great. i can see fine and they give off a nice blue hue when looked at from an angle but from straight on they look very white.
im looking to get some purple fogs but not sure if its gonna impede my vision too much... anyways that'll have to wait till spring.

my TibBee
post #16 of 203 Old 01-20-2009, 12:32 AM

tibbyT has a spectacular aura abouttibbyT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0x_12 View Post
i got 6000k and their great. i can see fine and they give off a nice blue hue when looked at from an angle but from straight on they look very white.
im looking to get some purple fogs but not sure if its gonna impede my vision too much... anyways that'll have to wait till spring.
get matching fogs it will look sexy

Ark | SEIBON | SFR | FG Motorsports | TWM | AEM | ROTA
post #17 of 203 Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Tibber2.7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

whats the difference between 55w and 35w? 55w more blue or just more light output? i got 6.5k ae's and wanna match em so im going to get 6k hid's so should i get the 55w to match them better?

post #18 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 11:35 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

plus were can i get a good deal on hid's for headlights and fog lights?

post #19 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
NewTiburon.com God

shkelly will become famous soon enough

i have DD white AE's and i'm looking to only use them when i drive, utilizing my fogs to see the road at night.... without using my low's... should i go blue with 8000, or white at 4300 in my fogs? which would you guys recommend?

Last edited by shkelly; 02-04-2009 at 01:31 PM.
post #20 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

i dont think u can do that

post #21 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 01:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Unemployed

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
staw512 is just really nicestaw512 is just really nicestaw512 is just really nicestaw512 is just really nice

if you do, you will be blind as FCUK
post #22 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 01:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

someone answer my question

post #23 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Seth03GT will become famous soon enough

I have 12000k 55W and they look like 4300k. not blue or purple at all. just very bright. IDK why.
Here is another chart photo.. exagerated but still, the main idea is here.

post #24 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

did u get ur hid's from ebay or sumtn?^^

anyone wanna post 6k pic up from their car?

post #25 of 203 Old 02-04-2009, 01:59 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Seth03GT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibber2.7 View Post
did u get ur hid's from ebay or sumtn?^^

anyone wanna post 6k pic up from their car?
LOL nope, paid a good buck from a sponser on the forum here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.