Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

An Exposition of Blood, Sweat, and Stance

293K views 251 replies 90 participants last post by  Baagulan 
#1 · (Edited)
That's right, good people of NT. This thread is dedicated to your Hyundais with proper fitment and/or stance. If you fall into such a category, then you'll know it, so KEEP OUT THE PU$$Y STUFF! :) No sunken wheels and 4x4 status in this thread. Haters of the stance movement need not apply! Now without further ado, let's get things rolling. Preferably rolling proper. ;)

For those of you that are wondering, "Should I post pics in here?", let me answer that. Probably not, if you have to question it, BUT you could also ask yourself a couple of questions to come to a conclusion.
-Do I have wheels with feminine widths/offsets? (i.e. anything with a +40 offset all around or 7" widths)
-Is my car at a stock ride height?
-Does my car have a girly drop and bad fitment? (i.e. 1-1.5" drop with **** wheel setup)

If you answered no to any of those questions, then you MIGHT have some form of stance going on, so post away. :)

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#10 ·
I've just started getting a little bit into the stance thing lately. Setup is a work in progress, but it's not bad so far imo.

The wheels are 18x7.5 +45 with a 225/40/18 tire and it's dropped on dropzone springs right now. It's my DD so I really don't want to go TOO crazy where I can't drive it without rubbing every little bump. So far in the rear I've put 25mm adapters on, rolled the fenders, cut out that rear bumper bolt and bracket and cut part of the bumper and fender liner away in the back so it only rubs on big bumps now (not stiff enough :(). In the front I got 10mm spacers, but I'm looking to upgrade those to 15mm or maybe even 20mm soon (gonna put a 25 from the back onto the front to see how bad it rubs first). What do you guys do about the fender liners? Just take them out or cut them? I want to leave mine in because I've got a CAI and I don't want the filter exposed when I'm driving (mainly in the rain, damn Florida...). The front fenders really can't be rolled since they're not that thick, so I think I'll be good there..

Annnnnd here's some pics I just took, she's not running right now but when I get her back on the road I'll make sure to take better ones with the new adapters on the front of course.

#13 ·
My setup is finaly done, took me longer than expected but l'm done. l might do some additional lowering in front, not much or a thin spacer but first l have to do a test to see how much space there still is.

My setup

8x19 , offset 40 tsw vortex rims with 215/35R19 Falken FK-452 tires. There are 15mm spacers in the rear with longer studs. Front fenders are rolled and little flare bent inside and the same for the rear. Also the rear right fender was pulled out for about 5mm, left one wasn't as all the tibs rub more on the right side than on the left.
Lowered with KW V2 coilovers, 1 3/4" in front and 1" in the rear. Actualy pics were taken while car was lowered 1 1/2" in the rear but lt's a bit higher now and IMHO it looks better.

As pics are worth a thousand words here you go.

A lot more pics here.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158029&page=2

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got my new wheels. Need some more spacing, and possibly some more low in the back pending how the spacing works out. And this is just a temp until I make sure the stance is right and then I'm getting them powder coated.

17x9 +25 with 215/45/17

Thinking 5mm spacer in the front and 10mm for the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.