Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Spring Break Moddin'

4K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  mazziod 
#1 · (Edited)
So me and my buddy got together and worked on painting our calipers and buffing up my ride. I also installed dual turn signals.

We had major issues getting my wheels off...we tried and tried to hand crank the lugs, but no luck. Then we drive to the local wally world to see if we could use their air wrench to get the lugs off. They offered to do it for free and even they couldn't get my wheels off first try with the air wrench! So they tell me to go walk around for a while and say they will call me when the car lugs are loosened. Well 30 minutes later they finally got the lugs loosened. The odd thing is I had new tires put on 4 months ago, so they shouldn't have been rusted on or anything. I guess the tire place just over-tightened the lugs wayyyy too much, so I guess I'm lucky none of the bolts didn't snap. I'd be SOL if I had a flat. After letting the lugs soak (I'm guessing in WD-40) they were able to get them at least. Free of cost too which was nice, but I couldn't believe how much trouble they caused.

Oh and on top of all that the creepy dude that had to do a "figure 8" in the car before they were allowed to say it was safe and ready to go said "dude I was surprised, your car is really quick!."
1. I was like wtf were you driving my car quick for and 2. I couldn't believe he thought my car was quick....he must drive a pinto or something lol.

Anyway...here are the pics...I painted the calipers red and the hubs flat black.
The previous owner painted them blue so I just tried to cover all the blue areas...I realize you wouldn't normally paint the rubber sleeve and stuff, but he did so I just went over it in red lol.

Before

Rusty and chipped :(

Clean flat black hubs and cherry red calipers :)

Uhoh! someone stole my dubz and left me on blocks :(

Almost finished

Complete!

Then my headlights were foggy so I took a buffer to 'em. Thought we would need to sand them too but they cleared right up without it!

^^^mazziod's own dressing?

Clean and clear and under control ;)

Lemme know what you think!

See less See more
#2 ·
take them stickers off

#8 ·
Yeah I saw that haha yours look good :). As I said before, I just wanna be you Brian! lol

haha, alright. tib looks good. i still need to do that with my calipers....
You should man, its really easy as long as your lugs come off....mine caused a major road block in the modding process. Thank god for the master mechanics at Wally World taking 30 minutes to get the lugs to budge! lol

nice dude, Red Calipers FTW! lol and not funny about the tib on blocks, this really happened to me like a year & a half ago! ok well it's funny in this instance. :)
Thanks man!....crap thats not cool! I'm sorry to hear that. My stock rims are so thrashed and scraped, they probably aren't worth stealing though so I guess thats good. I can't imagine how you felt walking out to your car though....that sucks so much.

#6 ·
nice dude, Red Calipers FTW! lol and not funny about the tib on blocks, this really happened to me like a year & a half ago! ok well it's funny in this instance. :)

#10 ·
Thank you very much! I didn't have much choice in the color actually...it was my buddy's paint, but it turned out that I like the red a lot. I have to say though, if I were a woman, I'd probably be rocking purple or pink calipers just like you haha, they look sweet. Ironically I saw a Range Rover today with purple calipers and thought of your car lol

#13 · (Edited)
eh it's all good, just 1 tip..SAVE YOUR RECIEPTS!. lol I did so it was gravy with the insurance company. Don't get me wrong I was PISSSED but I had ordered new rims that came 2 days after & was just going to swap the tires over but since I was fully re-imbursed I only had to buy tires & had a few extra in play cash :bananadance2:

#16 ·
Thats not a bad deal then! Haha I've learned to save my receipts after I made a somewhat major purchase for my girlfriend buying her one of those "moving" pictures with the water in the background that light up ( usually at the asian stores). Turns out it was broken and I guess I threw out the receipt...After that I've been saving them in a big old pile lol

Oh god, don't mention that. my old rims had 2 lugs get stuck, and then the heads of the lugs snapped off... I had to have the studs drilled out and then replaced.
Wow that sounds horrible...I'm glad I didn't have that much of an issue. I guess its not as bad as the guy with the VW that took a sawzall and cut apart his rim to take his wheel off.

#23 ·
Haha well at least you have a nice dad to help you out! lol my dad knows nothing about cars and usually its me fixing his car lol he won't touch mine. Yeah I could have taken the blue off but I didn't want to scrub that much so I figured I'd just paint over it lol.

lol. i actually have that very same theme. i just painted my rotor hubs and adapters flat black too... i kinda had to bc they were showing too much thru my rims. good combo!
Well you have one of the sexiest looking tibs I've seen so I'm honored to have the same color scheme as you! Haha. Maybe someday I'll get rims that actually show more of the discs/calipers. That would have to come with a drop and wheel spacers though lol.

i have been delaying doing this just because ive been really lazy the last couple of weeks but with the new rims on i really need to ... they show soo much more :(
Haha do it! If you don't count the time it took to take my stuck rims off and trying to find an air wrench, it only took about 2 1/2-3 hours or so, and its totally worth it!

Nice Mazziod! I definitely need to do this as well. Makes a lot of difference.
Thank you sir! Do ittt! lol, they show a lot when you are driving especially. My buddy drove next to me and said the red is really bright when you're driving next to it lol

#22 ·
Nice Mazziod! I definitely need to do this as well. Makes a lot of difference.

#29 · (Edited)
Thanks man. Sounds good just let me know, hopefully around $25 I'd be contempt with that. I appreciate it!

I also need to sand down some curb rash on the wheels and I guess use degreaser or something to get some of the stains from (what I'm guessing is) brake dust off. They were near impossible to clean with just soap and water and wheel cleaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.