LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mmasterpmedina is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
thermochromic paint job???

umm i have been looking into a piantjob and saw chameleon paint or thermochromic paint. Sorry if i butchered the spelling. but basically its just paint that changes with temperature. can anyone post pics if they have this? so i can see if it turns out nice or not? thanks =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 09:45 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to behold
Re: thermochromic paint job???

coming soon:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 09:47 PM
NewTiburon.com God

The_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mo is a splendid one to behold

i dont think you are gonna find any people with that kinda paint on here..

but i hear those types of paint are really hard to touch-up/ re paint if you ever get in an accident or something.

and i believe they are really expensive..

coming soon:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 PM
NewTiburon.com God

JPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to allJPGreco is a name known to all

I thought chameleon paint was just the paint that color shifts depending on the angle you're looking at it from?

I givz u post count bak. hW
thank u. It was hell being a newb again....
post #5 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Hater With No Friends

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Takahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another level

Before you consider painting your car with this, please be aware of how expensive it is to simply buy this paint. Consider that it takes 8-16 pints (1-2 gallons) of paint to paint a car. Then consider that some of this paint can cost around $400 a pint. Now consider the fact that you would be likely paying someone to prep and paint the car. Congratulations!!! Your paint job is more expensive than your car and if ANYTHING happens to ANY part of the paint, it is irreparable without doing the whole car again.

Mr Köppen is so like the fat woman full of vitality. ! !
post #6 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 10:34 PM
NewTiburon.com God

sandiego_tib is just really nicesandiego_tib is just really nicesandiego_tib is just really nice

Don't listen to those buzzkills. I say do it!

How cool would it be to roll up to a red light, jump out with your heat gun, and make your Tib change colors? That will blow the clothes right off the women!

1999 GT3-look 911 Carrera 4 • 1996 Corvette C4 • 2011 Murano (Autozone runs)

post #7 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 10:39 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to beholdBakerking31 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi240 View Post
Before you consider painting your car with this, please be aware of how expensive it is to simply buy this paint. Consider that it takes 8-16 pints (1-2 gallons) of paint to paint a car. Then consider that some of this paint can cost around $400 a pint. Now consider the fact that you would be likely paying someone to prep and paint the car. Congratulations!!! Your paint job is more expensive than your car and if ANYTHING happens to ANY part of the paint, it is irreparable without doing the whole car again.
and dont think if your in an accident your getting a whole new paint job, many companies have exclusions for overly expensive aftermarket paint

NGM 2009 Ride of the Year
NT's Best Overall Member 2009
August 2009 NGM Ride Of The Month Winner "Race" Category

post #8 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 PM
NewTiburon.com God

TuscaniGTFL has a spectacular aura aboutTuscaniGTFL has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego_tib View Post
Don't listen to those buzzkills. I say do it!

How cool would it be to roll up to a red light, jump out with your heat gun, and make your Tib change colors? That will blow the clothes right off the women!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK1XCWvBJlQ
that does look really cool but I bet its a lot to get done right

The old Tib, 03 GT 6-speed (we all know the clutch problems that had lol)

On the lookout for a new tib...maybe...
post #9 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Hater With No Friends

Takahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerking31 View Post
and dont think if your in an accident your getting a whole new paint job, many companies have exclusions for overly expensive aftermarket paint
Exactly. That kind of paint job is for show only and a trailer queen.

post #10 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 11:14 PM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

if you did start the car/drive it wouldnt the hood be one color and the rest be a different one? I think it'd look odd

post #11 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 11:21 PM
NewTiburon.com God

sandiego_tib is just really nicesandiego_tib is just really nicesandiego_tib is just really nice

You'd actually have to paint it a sh*tload of different colors... then after you drive it for a while, it would all be the same color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooni23 View Post
if you did start the car/drive it wouldnt the hood be one color and the rest be a different one? I think it'd look odd

1999 GT3-look 911 Carrera 4 • 1996 Corvette C4 • 2011 Murano (Autozone runs)

post #12 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 11:23 PM
NewTiburon.com God

chris_07_tib_gs is just really nicechris_07_tib_gs is just really nicechris_07_tib_gs is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooni23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK27V6 View Post
One time I raced a Tiburon. We both lost because Tiburons are slow.
post #13 of 22 Old 08-08-2010, 11:29 PM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_07_tib_gs View Post

lol...touche. Well those two colors (silver and blue) look weird. CF is Secksi

post #14 of 22 Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 AM
NewTiburon.com God

jovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of light

my neighbor had a Porsche with that color paint and he painted a tiny spoiler... it was $300 and this was around 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkare
the trifecta of tiburon groups:

NT
HHOP
Puerto Rico

and none of them seem to get along with each other
post #15 of 22 Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 AM
AWD-swapped Troll

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
ShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another level

reminds me of these windbreakers from back in the day. anyone remember these? they changed color with heat, and/or they were kinda pearlescent.

post #16 of 22 Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Hater With No Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamanKJM View Post
reminds me of these windbreakers from back in the day. anyone remember these? they changed color with heat, and/or they were kinda pearlescent.
Most members these days were born in the 90's. My car is older than some of the members here. lol

post #17 of 22 Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 PM
AWD-swapped Troll

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
ShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another levelShamanKJM is on another level

Quote:
Most members these days were born in the 90's. My car is older than some of the members here. lol
QFT, but I was hoping that some of our seasoned members could chime in here.

I was in high school when your car was made.

post #18 of 22 Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
NewTiburon.com God

dernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nicedernt is just really nice

Alright you two, don't make me shake my cane at you! I was driving before the Tib or either of you were born! Heck, possibly before Hyundai was even in this country...

For the record, Keith - I used to have Hypercolor shirts. Don't recall the hoodies as pictured tho

Quote:
If screaming into cones at other people is a sport, THEN CONSIDER MY CAPS LOCK THE SPORT OF THE INTERNET!
post #19 of 22 Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

bumbleski will become famous soon enough

hehe. As NTs oldest member I don't think there is anything you can come up with I wouldn't remember. Even my 'other car' was born in 74, making it considerably older than most of you.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

Ultra Racing Lower Front Chassis Bar, Front Strut Bar, Chassis/Room Bar, Ultra Racing Rear 23mm Rear Sway bar, Injen SRI, Billet Grill, Fog Light Surrounds, Tuscani Badging, Tuscani Floor Mats, Numerous Interior Alum Trim mods, DD led Mods, Rear Mussa Tailights, 07 Snowflake Wheels Powdercoated White, Curt trailer hitch, Roof Spoiler.
post #20 of 22 Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
NewTiburon.com God

netstat is a glorious beacon of lightnetstat is a glorious beacon of lightnetstat is a glorious beacon of lightnetstat is a glorious beacon of lightnetstat is a glorious beacon of lightnetstat is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleski View Post
hehe. As NTs oldest member I don't think there is anything you can come up with I wouldn't remember. Even my 'other car' was born in 74, making it considerably older than most of you.
Don't worry. Alzheimer's will kick in soon enough.

I can has RHD Sig?

- 2007 Hyundai Tiburon - 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max - 2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R -
... and I don't remember what make my boat is...
post #21 of 22 Old 08-13-2010, 01:07 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

tibgen82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to have one of those jackets, and to paint a car like that would be $$$$$$$.
post #22 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 10:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

sledgehamer is an unknown quantity at this point

you dont have to paint the whole car just paint a hot girl on your hood with her clothes on and when your hood heats up she could have here clothes come off and be fully nude. i have seen a harley painted like this and it was pretty sick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chameleon, exterior, paint, paintjob, thermochromic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.