Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weeees5 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
How low should I go?

How low should i go on my Tib?
Please use the poll if you want.
Attached Images

Last edited by Weeees5; 04-05-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
mvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lowering Springs

Low is not low enough......

That is all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

SLO6 Tibby SE has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You can never be to low.

But let me help you a little bit here..

Some people will say just skip springs and go straight to coilovers. Now we all can not afford coilovers so a lot of people will also give you their setup. Alot of people just just run a spring and shock set up. People have their preferences. I am running Eibach Sportlines on stock struts. Alot will say you will blow them out that way. I personally have not blown them out at all and I am happy with my drop at the moment. But I am making the purchase of coilovers in the near future for multiple purposes. Best bet is to do a little research on each and every spring drop as well as coilover if you have the money for them..

Or if you want we have GI thread hoping that Raceland can make some coils for our cars at a good price so go check that out as well. Raceland Coilovers great prices

So check that out and hope you find everything you are looking for and good luck and happy modding.

I never venture on this site.

Last edited by SLO6 Tibby SE; 04-05-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Being helpful and spelling.
#4 Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Montmont has a spectacular aura aboutMontmont has a spectacular aura aboutMontmont has a spectacular aura about

What it really depends on is, how much work do you want to put into it? Typically the lower you go the more work required, i.e. wheel spacers or adapters, fender rolling, etc. It also depends on your wheels, their offset, what size tires you have on them, and so on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montmont View Post
What it really depends on is, how much work do you want to put into it? Typically the lower you go the more work required, i.e. wheel spacers or adapters, fender rolling, etc. It also depends on your wheels, their offset, what size tires you have on them, and so on.
As well as all of this. i knew I was missing some stuff in my rant and all that. Thanks. Again it just takes some research and paying attention to threads up here you can learn a lot as well.

#6 Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 PM
NewTiburon.com God

lukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud of

The only reason stock struts with lowring springs is considered bad is:

if you have a car with lets say 50k on it with stock shocks and springs the shocks have "broken in" and worn to suit that ride height, the piston is used to only moving a certain amount and living at a certain point in the shock housing. if you change that you change the position the piston sits inside the shock and this can cause a leak in the seal because now its a worn in seal rubbing on new metal. sometimes shocks will fail and other times it will be completely fine. its a gable.

personally if i were to do that "because i have the tools" i would lower on stock shocks and drive it till they pop while saving for koni adjustables and when i have enough strip everything and put the konis in on the already seated springs.

but thats just me lol

to each is own

Canada = Awesomeness eh!
Isnt it amazing how quickly everyone can turn against you
#7 Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Moonlighting Master

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Shadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another levelShadow Blue is on another level

I call it "Limbo"

...how low can you go? Haha

WFC #722
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all...
To see the Tib -

Quote:
yes that's correct.... i'm not gonna hold shadow's wing back because will is a flake....
#8 Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montmont View Post
i want to go as low as possible without rubbing anything. I know it looks as if my rims are bigger than stock but they are on the same size tire as the origninal and are 17's. i already cant pull up to a parking spot stoper so thats not a big deal but i still want to be able to pull into parking lots...
#9 Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman View Post
The only reason stock struts with lowring springs is considered bad is:

if you have a car with lets say 50k on it with stock shocks and springs the shocks have "broken in" and worn to suit that ride height, the piston is used to only moving a certain amount and living at a certain point in the shock housing. if you change that you change the position the piston sits inside the shock and this can cause a leak in the seal because now its a worn in seal rubbing on new metal. sometimes shocks will fail and other times it will be completely fine. its a gable.

personally if i were to do that "because i have the tools" i would lower on stock shocks and drive it till they pop while saving for koni adjustables and when i have enough strip everything and put the konis in on the already seated springs.

but thats just me lol

to each is own
Very true I think that when I got my car, the first thing that I said even at the dealer was that it needed to be lowered. That night after I got her home I just said the hell with it and I bought the springs figured if struts went out then I would get new ones. Yet to go so I am happy with how it is set up right now. Maybe I was just a lucky one then? haha

#10 Old 04-09-2011, 04:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpcougar07 View Post

That is all.
how low is yours?
#11 Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Ottoelite is an unknown quantity at this point

For those who lower their cars a fair amount, how do you deal with speed humps or any kind of incline for that matter, like a driveway that rises up a bit from the road?

I'm riding at stock height and I can almost slam my front bumper into the road (if I don't slow down to a crawl) going into the parking lot at my work because of the incline coming off the road.

ARK DT-S V2 Exhaust | 18" XXR 525 (225/40/18 Hankook Ventus EVO v12 tires) | Injen CAI | Seibon TS Hood
#12 Old 04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Vanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoelite View Post
For those who lower their cars a fair amount, how do you deal with speed humps or any kind of incline for that matter, like a driveway that rises up a bit from the road?

I'm riding at stock height and I can almost slam my front bumper into the road (if I don't slow down to a crawl) going into the parking lot at my work because of the incline coming off the road.
I lowered mine 1.4 inches, and I've only scraped once, but you really have to take inclines slow and know your limits, going up inclines on a diagonal usually works too

PREPARE TO WANT 1

#13 Old 04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
NewTiburon.com God

lukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud oflukeman has much to be proud of

they do just that.. slow down to a crawl and approach hills at angles. its the only way unless you put in air bags for adjustable ride height lol

Canada = Awesomeness eh!
Isnt it amazing how quickly everyone can turn against you
#14 Old 04-09-2011, 09:05 PM
NewTiburon.com God

poundit will become famous soon enoughpoundit will become famous soon enough

Well I'm lowered prolly bout 2.5- 3 inches so when it comes to speedbumps and inclines I watch myself and know what I can and can't do. I have D2 coilovers and I used to have dropzone springs on stock struts and they road fine.

Now I still have my springs I could sell you for the cheap if you are interested. Pm me if you want

#15 Old 04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

P.I.M.P is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpcougar07 View Post

That is all.
+1

save, get coils, slam it

i have tein springs...its FAR from low enought and they are almost a 2 inch drop

when i say i understand, it dosnt mean i agree, it dosnt mean i understand, it dosnt even mean im listening.....but it seems to make people happy, and thats what im all about
#16 Old 04-09-2011, 10:14 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
special_fx has a spectacular aura aboutspecial_fx has a spectacular aura about

The lower the car the less practical it becomes. I have a friend with a very low Tiburon and he is always scrapping going up driveways, etc. My recommendation will be just to keep lowering to a minimun 1.0 - 1.5 inch....unless you live in a perfect city

2006 Hyundai Coupe FX V6 6 Speed
2011 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 turbo diesel 5 Speed manual
#17 Old 04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
NewTiburon.com God

dj_lujan will become famous soon enoughdj_lujan will become famous soon enough

I am Lowered 1.6 all around. The area I live in is not the smoothess. However, just like a few people mentioned bring your speed down when approaching speed bumps and slopes. With that being said, I've had my springs on for almost a month and have not rubbed.

Wrong Fitment crew #1671
#18 Old 04-10-2011, 04:35 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Ottoelite is an unknown quantity at this point

Well living where I do (Manitoba, Canada) our roads are always complete **** because of the cold winters. As soon as spring hits and it starts warming up we get potholes and frost boils everywhere.

So if I do end up lowering i'll probably be going with the minimum 1.1-1.5"

ARK DT-S V2 Exhaust | 18" XXR 525 (225/40/18 Hankook Ventus EVO v12 tires) | Injen CAI | Seibon TS Hood
#19 Old 04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

I have desided to go with 2". Hope to get them soon. Mabe in a week.
#20 Old 04-17-2011, 11:57 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Might get the D2 Springs.

2006 Tiburon GT
#21 Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 PM
NewTiburon.com God

poundit will become famous soon enoughpoundit will become famous soon enough

Do it man. It will look sick

#22 Old 03-02-2014, 12:38 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

A Lamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Need help . I don't know what to do? I bought 19 inch wheels with low pro file tires 215 35 19. For my 04 tibby. Problem is, I bought them not thinking about lowering it like an idiot. But I want to. How low can I lower it if I can without rubbing . The wheels are 8 inches wide with an offset of 35 mm. I don't mind rolling the fenders if need be. Any help is appreciated.
#23 Old 03-02-2014, 10:23 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura aboutWTBaTibby has a spectacular aura about

You should be able to get a solid 1.5" drop with those wheels and tires, possibly even close to 2". Rolling the fenders may prove useful, but may not be needed unless you go lower than that.

Also: Don't bump threads older than say...90 days. Make a new one and link back to the old one if it has something useful in it that you'd like to reference.

Plans: NGM Stage 4+ Sniper
Currently: NGM Stage 2.1 Sniper

SOLD as of 10/11/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coils, height, lowering springs, ride, springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.