LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
jawzgt has a spectacular aura aboutjawzgt has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Brakes Lights Stay On

hey guys...so recently i installed the AEM FIC to my tib...i dont recall doing this before my turbo build...but pretty much i step on the brake(car being off) and all brakes lights light up..as well as my gauge cluster and interior lights..(door switch, HVAC control, Gauge Cluster) i release and it turns off...then when i do turn on the tib...my brakes lights are always on...they seem to be the main brake light that is always on...would it be that the bulbs are on incorrectly? (i don tthink it matters how it goes on ....does it?) my third brake light may also be on...i havent completely double checked since my car is in the garage and im usually working on the car by myself...
anyone have this same problem? if so please help me out.... Thanks a lot guys and gals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
reko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of lightreko is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Brakes Lights Stay On

Sounds like your brake lights have been shorted to power. Which circuits have you messed with recently? during your install did you pinch, melt, or pull any wires accidentally? How about some more info on year, trim level, CEL status, etc...
#3 Old 06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
NewTiburon.com God

jovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of light

you say that when the car is off you step on the brakes and gauge cluster and interior lights come on? there should be some short... if you would have told me that the brake light were ALWAYS on, it would have been a simple fix.

I had the problem that my brake lights were always on... There is a plastic "stopper" on the brake pedal that breaks up. You can fix this with 2 things:

1. double sided 3m tape
2. a penny

if you look were the brake pedal is you will see a little "pin" that goes up and down (or in and out)... that little platic base that breaks is the one that tells the light to turn off. If it's broken the "pin" doesn't stop and the lights always saty on.

I had this happen to a couple of cars and is a quick and basically permanent fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkare
the trifecta of tiburon groups:

NT
HHOP
Puerto Rico

and none of them seem to get along with each other
#4 Old 06-06-2011, 08:52 PM
NewTiburon.com God

jovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of lightjovanie is a glorious beacon of light

this is what I mean

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22...dal-bump-stop/

or write "penny to stop lights pedal" in google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkare
the trifecta of tiburon groups:

NT
HHOP
Puerto Rico

and none of them seem to get along with each other
#5 Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

MarcMorinDeziel

OR you used the wrong bulb size... make sure the the bulb as two '' pins ''..... the guys that sold me my car had used the wrong one, and it was doing exactly the same as you.... just give it a try

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SilverTiburon 2005 GS - 6000k HID - Nightshaded tail lights
Diode Dynamics LED conversion kit - Short ram intake - SMD Angel Eyes - LED Switchback Turn Signals
Clearcorner MOD - Footwell Lights - Blue Interior Conversion - SMD Foglights - Shortshifter
#6 Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 AM
NewTiburon.com God

jawzgt has a spectacular aura aboutjawzgt has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)

thanks guys...it may be the bulbs...i found a thread with the same problem..or similar..aparently it the brake light may be touching the parking light/taillight filament and it maybe be cause it to pass current to the other lights...recently i did remove my headlights to take the nightshade off...i think that will fix that problem....lets hope it does. thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.