Raceland Coilovers great prices - Page 50 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1226 Old 04-11-2012, 07:24 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SharkInfested will become famous soon enough
Re: Raceland Coilovers great prices

Definitely the 2nd best purchase next to the supercharger although I guess it was more of a Christmas gift from my wife haha, so I didn't really purchase it!

2003 Tiburon GS-R
Intercooled Sniper Supercharged w/ 3.4" SC Pulley, and I/H/E/BBTB, and much more....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1227 Old 04-11-2012, 01:33 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Lessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to all

I feel the exact same with my HSD coilovers. I have the dampening way up so the ride is pretty stiff (feel every bump) but the handling is INCREDIBLE. It's super responsive, it hugs the road like no ones business. It's just so much FUN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Nov - COTM - Best Regional Tiburon (Canada)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Rally Red Injen IS Cold Air Intake ;; Jun BL catback ;; DC headers ;; TWM STS ;; FL Headlights ;; 4300k HID Low//3000K HID Fogs ;; Shorty Antenna ;; 18x8 Tenzo DC-6 ;; Switchback Turn Signals ;; Lightweight Crank/Power Steering Pullies ;; Oil Catch Can ;; Seibon TS CF Hood ;; SMD Angel Eyes ;; HSD Coilovers
Canada OWNS NT
#1228 Old 04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
h8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really nice

Anyone else with Racelands get spring pop/noise when turning? It doesn't do it all the time and I'm hoping it's just caused by stiff mount bearings that will eventually loosen up.
#1229 Old 04-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
duds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really niceduds03tibby is just really nice

Check all the bolts/nuts to make sure their tight. Also, depending on how low or high you have your car it could be that also.

Fail Wheel Drive is gone... Now it is time to get stuck in the snow!
#1230 Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Lessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8isgr8 View Post
Anyone else with Racelands get spring pop/noise when turning? It doesn't do it all the time and I'm hoping it's just caused by stiff mount bearings that will eventually loosen up.
I get that noise sometimes on my coils too. I think it's from the endlinks.

2012 Nov - COTM - Best Regional Tiburon (Canada)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Rally Red Injen IS Cold Air Intake ;; Jun BL catback ;; DC headers ;; TWM STS ;; FL Headlights ;; 4300k HID Low//3000K HID Fogs ;; Shorty Antenna ;; 18x8 Tenzo DC-6 ;; Switchback Turn Signals ;; Lightweight Crank/Power Steering Pullies ;; Oil Catch Can ;; Seibon TS CF Hood ;; SMD Angel Eyes ;; HSD Coilovers
Canada OWNS NT
#1231 Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

b1r9a8d9 is an unknown quantity at this point

All coilovers have the spring pop, I have Eibach Coilovers on my Audi A6 about 1" from bottoming out and they popped and certain turns, also on my integra and now on the racelands...

-Daniel
Mods: AEM CAI, Raceland coilovers, Shark Racing STS, TWM Shifter Bushing Kit, F/L Headlights, EBay Lip Kit...
Check out my build

#1232 Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 AM
NewTiburon.com God

h8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really nice

That's good to know; guess I won't let it bother me then.
#1233 Old 04-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1r9a8d9 View Post
All coilovers have the spring pop, I have Eibach Coilovers on my Audi A6 about 1" from bottoming out and they popped and certain turns, also on my integra and now on the racelands...
Not all coilovers have spring pop. My Ark DT-P's don't. Neither does all the locals with the DT-P's.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
#1234 Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
PRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to all

Aaaaand done! Wooo!! It took me a few weeks but I'm finally done reading this entire thread! And it was totally worth it; I laughed, I cried, it was like the Rocky of forum threads.

Seriously, I really have to applaud all the NT'ers who made this idea a reality. Your voice and perseverance has given Tib owners an additional option, which is an incredibly amazing goal to achieve. I commend all involved, much respect!

"We all know this isn't going to end well. But the middle part is going to be awesome!!"

My build:
#1235 Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Nmersing is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i think Im going to go this route...
#1236 Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIME View Post
Seriously, I really have to applaud all the NT'ers who made this idea a reality. Your voice and perseverance has given Tib owners an additional option, which is an incredibly amazing goal to achieve. I commend all involved, much respect!
Yeah, I sent a personal thank you email to Raceland. They didn't have to make these available, in which case our next cheapest coilover option would still be almost twice the price. I would have had to resort to KYB's and Megan springs......... ugh.
#1237 Old 04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
NewTiburon.com God

05iontib will become famous soon enough

it seems like a lot of u guys are happy with these. My question is how is the ride quality? my car is my DD so i dont want anything to harsh ya know. How firm are they, any complaints about that?

Im considering full coilovers simply because of the ability to change the dampening force but i am still considering these.

05 GT V6 Silver

#1238 Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
NewTiburon.com God

PRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to allPRIME is a name known to all

From what I've read, you can't change the dampening on these. And the ride is stiffer, therefore more jarring then stock, of course, but that goes for any coilover setup. The measure of ride quality seems to be a matter of individual taste.

"We all know this isn't going to end well. But the middle part is going to be awesome!!"

My build:
#1239 Old 04-18-2012, 12:06 PM
NewTiburon.com God

The ride quality is hard to explain correctly, which I think is what confuses a lot of people.

Bumps have a "sharper" feel to them, but that doesn't mean they are worse. The stock struts are HEAVY, with soft springs, and a lot of travel; that all combined makes bumps feel a lot more intense IMO. There are some bumps I travel over daily that I feel LESS now than with the stock supension.

I also used to lose traction accelerating over bumps and now the wheels stay gripped to the road, which is a bonus I wasn't expecting.

Another thing is that since the ride is so stiff, when going over variations in the road surface the whole car tends to move up and down. The stock setup used to absorb a lot of that. This can tend to give a "sea sick" kind of feeling.

It's been almost two weeks now as a DD with the occasional tag along of my gf and 10 year old daughter. No complaints from either of them.
#1240 Old 04-18-2012, 12:47 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Great explanation. I'm on lowering springs with 18x8 and 40 series tires so of course I feel a lot more of the road than I did on stock. Like h8 says not only the bumps but the "creases" in the road. But it's not really that bad at all, and the advantages far outweigh the drawbacks, for me.

Sorry 05iontibi, I know this isn't exactly making things easier for you lol!!

My build:
#1241 Old 04-18-2012, 03:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

aaronNTT

i knew there was going to be a noticeable change in the ride quality when i got these. but then i put them on and started driving and i thought to myself... why doesnt this feel weird?

it wasnt till a few weeks later when i was working on my exhaust and used my motorcycle for a couple days. thats exactly what it feels like to me and so i was already used to it. feeling the road variations, etc. i had already experienced it before.

i know this doesnt help anyone whose never been on a bike but thats just my description.

I feel stupid and contagious.
#1242 Old 04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Koreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to allKoreandude is a name known to all

So it's been a few months and a couple thousand miles being on the Racelands.

Initially I gave the ride quality a pretty "harsh" review as being super bumpy and jarring, etc.

But honestly, over most roads, it rides quite well. Only the most crappiest of concrete roads, un-kept rail road crossings and pot hole laden asphalt does this suspension really remind you that you're on a really racy setup.

Yes, it's no where near as soft as the stock dampening and still harder than the Eibach Pro-Dampers. But my oh my does it wake up the chassis. It can be daily driven on most roads and is a perfect setup for a autocrossing, weekend warrior or anyone who wants to stance their ride (within reason) that is on a budget.

Great value for the money.

2011 Nord Grey Gen Coupe 3.8 Track 6 Speed
#1243 Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

L-ski will become famous soon enoughL-ski will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)

^ agreed

this is the last time I'm going to whore this pic. Figured it would be a good reference for anyone interested in racelands though.

Ps. I still love my racelands.

Stance in my pants

Raceland Coilovers~~~17x9 +24~~~ 205/40~~~25mm rear adapters~~~18 wheeler shift extension~~~Fart cans n stuff

Last edited by L-ski; 04-26-2012 at 06:03 PM.
#1244 Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
NewTiburon.com God

EL_ILEGAL_21 will become famous soon enough

looks awesome i planning put in in too i not 100% sure lol if i put i only put in front, rears i going to leave the oem setup i planning low about 1" only not much!

#1245 Old 04-27-2012, 02:59 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

b1r9a8d9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my racelands too...

-Daniel
Mods: AEM CAI, Raceland coilovers, Shark Racing STS, TWM Shifter Bushing Kit, F/L Headlights, EBay Lip Kit...
Check out my build

#1246 Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Doomsday Postcard is an unknown quantity at this point

here is a pic of my front...

Last edited by Doomsday Postcard; 09-12-2012 at 05:49 PM.
#1247 Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
mvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of lightmvpcougar07 is a glorious beacon of light

How much threading do you have left? Also, what are your tire specs? 225/40/18?

#1248 Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

silvertib06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpcougar07 View Post
exactly what i want to know cause i am about to buy coils to stance my tib with some rotas i bought but i dont know to spend more money on megans or ksports or buy racelands and buy a lip or somthing lol
#1249 Old 04-28-2012, 02:11 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Postcard View Post
here is a pic of my front...
You decided to keep them?
#1250 Old 04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

Doomsday Postcard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpcougar07 View Post
I have 225/40/r18 tires and I have 18" x 8.5" with a + 30 offset...I cant even get my tiny fingers between the tires and fenders...thread count wont matter because I plan on going lower with negative camber but as of the moment my fender liners are getting beat to hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8isgr8 View Post
You decided to keep them?
yup, sold my stock struts and megan lowering springs instead...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
becauseracecar, land of racing, over the coil, threadmustnotdie!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.