Instrument Cluster lights not working - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BellyOfTheShark is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Instrument Cluster lights not working

I have been looking around on the forums to see if there were any other threads or DIY threads about removing the instrument cluster panel to replace the bulbs. None of the backlights for my instrument cluster are working, the only thing that is turning on is my green right turn signal light, the left one doesn't work, and my A/C control lights aren't coming on either. Is it most likely something electrical or should I just have to replace the bulbs? I checked the fuses already and they're fine.

I just want to know before I start to jump in and start pulling things apart to make sure I get all the screws and don't break anything and get the correct bulbs so I can install them if that's the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-21-2012, 09:29 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
BramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Instrument Cluster lights not working

Check the right tail lamp fuse. If it is good, could be a bad dimmer switch
#3 Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)

I checked both of those and they're both fine. I went back and checked the dimmer switch at night and I noticed that the lights behind the a/c controls were in fact working, it was just hard to see them during the day and I don't really drive it at night since I can't see how fast I'm going.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4 Old 05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
NewTiburon.com God

BramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of lightBramptonTib is a glorious beacon of light

Does anything in the instrument cluster light up? In other words does the seat belt light or ebrake light, or other warning lights come on when you first turn the key on?

If not did you check the instrument cluster fuse?
#5 Old 05-26-2012, 01:51 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonTib View Post
Does anything in the instrument cluster light up? In other words does the seat belt light or ebrake light, or other warning lights come on when you first turn the key on?

If not did you check the instrument cluster fuse?
All of the small lights around the odometer come on, seat belt, brake light, abs, etc. The right blinker light comes on when engaged as well. The only thing that doesn't come on are the lights behind the speedometer, tachometer, and the right turn signal doesn't come on when engaged.(although the blinker itself is working).

Also, my e-brake light and abs light are ALWAYS on.

#6 Old 05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
NewTiburon.com God

ok if your A/C control back lights work, and you can control the brightness with the dimmer switch, then you have power. The back lights in the cluster are controlled by the same circuit. So either there is a wiring issue to the cluster, or could be the bulbs as you said, or could be the control board in the cluster is damaged.

Did they all these lights go out at the same time?

You said the tach and speedo back lights don't work. So are the fuel gauge and coolant temp gauge back lights working?
#7 Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ok if your A/C control back lights work, and you can control the brightness with the dimmer switch, then you have power. The back lights in the cluster are controlled by the same circuit. So either there is a wiring issue to the cluster, or could be the bulbs as you said, or could be the control board in the cluster is damaged.

Did they all these lights go out at the same time?

You said the tach and speedo back lights don't work. So are the fuel gauge and coolant temp gauge back lights working?
The dimmer works, yeah they all went out at the same time I am assuming, I had my car in the shop for about 6 months waiting for a new transmission and I just got it back about 3 weeks ago. The guel gauge and temp gauge back lights aren't working either.

#8 Old 05-27-2012, 06:35 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Next step would be to test the connector/pin that provides power to those lights in the cluster. This way you determine if the issue is wiring or internal to the cluster. Do you have a test light or multimeter?

You can find which connector to test in the manual or on hmaservice.com, or if you don't know where to look, i can post the location for you.
#9 Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Next step would be to test the connector/pin that provides power to those lights in the cluster. This way you determine if the issue is wiring or internal to the cluster. Do you have a test light or multimeter?

You can find which connector to test in the manual or on hmaservice.com, or if you don't know where to look, i can post the location for you.
I have no clue where the connector even is, and I don't have a test light or multimeter, but my father may have one that I could stop by and use.

#10 Old 06-02-2012, 04:37 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Sorry just realized i didn't reply, here is the location of the connector and pin you should test

Last edited by BramptonTib; 06-02-2012 at 11:38 PM.
#11 Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

kevins39564 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having the same issue. Every since I bought the car. Someone had wired in a seperat wire to light the gauge arms. But backlights all don't come on. Last night I installed 2 12's in.the trunk. Rode around testing them out.. this morning I went and started car. N bam they were all lit up perfect for all of 10seconds. First time I ever saw them.. ill check this pin.. did you ever get them working? I have a tuscani.
#12 Old 01-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Captain Québec

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
NewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud of

Please, as per the forum rules, do not bump old threads. Create a new one that refers to the old one.

Thanks.

NTO-11

Community Voted Best Staff Member Of 2013

2007 GS Sport Charcoal Grey Tiburon -

2002 Stock Elantra - Sold
2008 GS Sport Tidal Wave Blue Tiburon - Actual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.