07 Tiburon Dead Battery Change Issues - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
gsd2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
07 Tiburon Dead Battery Change Issues

I am sure this has been discussed a lot but I am have a devil of a time finding an answer. I have a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT. I recently replaced a dead car battery in it and now after the car alarm was reset I get all the interior lights but the radio and interior over head lights do not does not power on. In addition, to that the key fob will not lock or unlock doors at all. I have tried putting the key in on ACC and pressing Unlock with no luck. I did however noticed the power door lock/unlock button does not work when the key is not in the ignition and engine is on. The last part of this strange behavior is the interior clock keeps resetting back to 100 each time I turn off the car and turn it back on. I am thinking there is some system reset some where but how do I do it?

The help would be much appreciated.

GD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-07-2012, 12:51 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

DevineIntervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 07 Tiburon Dead Battery Change Issues

I had the same problem in my 03 tib. The battery died out and when I got a new one and put it in the clock and radio wouldn't turn on. For me it was luckily only a blown fuze. check that first.
#3 Old 10-07-2012, 12:51 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
h8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really niceh8isgr8 is just really nice

Check the fuse in the yellow holder...
Attached Images

Last edited by h8isgr8; 10-07-2012 at 12:55 AM.
#4 Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevineIntervention View Post
I had the same problem in my 03 tib. The battery died out and when I got a new one and put it in the clock and radio wouldn't turn on. For me it was luckily only a blown fuze. check that first.
Will do I will check that yellow one seems that is the issue. Thanks
#5 Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8isgr8 View Post
Check the fuse in the yellow holder...
Yes that is the exact fuse that blows. So lesson learned on changing out the car battery. First, the alarm issue is just let the turn the ignition on and let the alarm sound for 30 sec. Once it was done then you have full control of the engine again. Second, it seems that when changing out batteries the 10 amp fuse under the driver side fuse panel blows, thus killing the interior dome lights, radio, resets clock/temp, and key fob will not lock doors. This fuse is to the left under a long yellow holder which you pull out and pop the little center cap off to replace. This will get everything functioning again. See picture above for the fuse box (big yellow holder).

I hope this helps many others that have the same issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.