Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Gauging Interest: Built I4 Long/Short Blocks

3K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  rovinsky 
#1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

Alpine has been toying with the idea of selling built 4 cyl long/short blocks for all you 4 bangers out there. The short blocks would be forged rods/pistons with a fully balanced rotating assembly. They would be either low comp for forced induction or high comp for normal aspiration.
The long blocks would include the above plus a fully built cylinder head with your choice of cam profiles and valvetrain.

Prices are not set yet, but rest assured they would be very reasonsable.

What do you all think? Nobody is offering drop in built I4 blocks so this would be a first for the Hyundai aftermarket.

#27 ·
Dont forget us in the UK fella, id quite happily be the test car over here and show the product off at shows :3_winkthu

Matt

dmdicks said:
Hey Guys and Gals,

Alpine has been toying with the idea of selling built 4 cyl long/short blocks for all you 4 bangers out there. The short blocks would be forged rods/pistons with a fully balanced rotating assembly. They would be either low comp for forced induction or high comp for normal aspiration.
The long blocks would include the above plus a fully built cylinder head with your choice of cam profiles and valvetrain.

Prices are not set yet, but rest assured they would be very reasonsable.

What do you all think? Nobody is offering drop in built I4 blocks so this would be a first for the Hyundai aftermarket.

#34 ·
yes i am verry interested in this i was planning on buyin the stage 1 in the spring/summer. also will hte f/i setup come with the turbo setup???

#35 ·
cuinhell said:
yes i am verry interested in this i was planning on buyin the stage 1 in the spring/summer. also will hte f/i setup come with the turbo setup???

no, why would it? Thats another couple grand. and a built block for a stg I alpine turbo is a bit overkill, dont you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.