To keep this forum clean, usable, and helpful to all members, a set of rules has been put together that all forum members are asked to comply with.
1) Research your Post: This means using the SEARCH and FAQ features. Make sure you are not double posting. Research your questions first, as many questions have already been answered many times.
2) All disciplinary actions implemented by the admin/mods of NewTiburon.com are final. Any member caught posting posts/threads directly challenging, debating, and/or mocking the decisions made by any of the staff of NewTiburon.com may find their posts/threads deleted and/or find themselves warned or temporarily banned from NewTiburon.com. This also includes the posting of such information in a profile, avatar, and/or signature.
We have one system to track infractions.
a) Infraction System: One you reach 10 points your account is automatically permanently banned. Below is a breakdown of the infraction you can receive and the points you will get for that particular offense. Staff Members have the right is issue a "custom" infraction with any point amount deemed equal to the offense.
- Shoutbox Abuse
- Insulted Other Member(s)
- Put Signature/Avatar Back After Being Asked To Remove It
- Inappropriate Language
- Useless Posting
- Non-Sponsor Advertising
- Multiple Of The Same Threads/Posts
- Inappropriate Language Again
- Insulted Other Member(s) Again
- Publicly Defying/Mocking Disciplinary Action(s)
- Inappropriate Material
- Bad Seller - No Response From Staff
Once you have reached 5 points you will be placed in Lockdown for one week.
b) Lockdown Forum: NewTiburon.com has a forum "Lockdown" that is visable only to staff members and site users that are sent to that forum for breaking site rules. When sent to the lockdown forum a member will have their own thread in which they can communicate directly with the site staff as to why they are there and how to prevent themselve from ending up there in the future.
We also have added the Forum of Appeals
. Should you feel that any corrective action taken against you is biased or wrong, we can grant you access to this forum to discuss the issue. This will be a chance for you to discuss your case to the entire NewTiburon Staff, and not just one Moderator or Administrator.
In certain cases, NewTiburon Staff has the right to deviate from the above guidelines and issue custom infractions and if needed, ban any member in violation of any site rule.
3) Personal Attacks will not be tolerated. This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, racially motivated, or violates any laws. You will be given a warning or a ban, temporary or permanent, depending on severity if you violate this policy.
4) Post in the Correct Forum: When you post, make sure you do so in the correct forum. Example: If you have a performance question, please do not post it in the General discussion forum. Posts made in the incorrect forum will be moved and may be deleted without notice.
5) Kill the CAPS: Typing in all caps is considered shouting. Please don't shout at everyone. If you type in all caps, chances are your posts will be ignored by the people that can help you the most. Messages and Topics typed in all caps may be deleted without notice.
6) Be Descriptive and Specific: Use a descriptive topic subject and be as specific as possible in your message. Providing more information makes it easier to help you. This will also make searching for similar topics and problems quicker and easier for all members.
7) Do Not Post Your Topic Twice: Please do not post your topic in multiple forums. Duplicate topics will be deleted.
8 ) Malicious Code: Any member that causes script errors by entering any type of code in a message post will be banned.
9) No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit material. This includes suggestive images, graphics, and comments.
10) Do not post links to warez, warez sites, torrents or sites with pornographic or objectionable content. Any links to URL's that will cause computer to go crazy I.E. infinite pop-ups etc, will result in a trip to Lockdown or a permanent ban! Only link to sites that are for family viewing only.
11) Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.
12) Each forum member may have only one account. All other accounts will be deleted without warning
13) Objectionable Language will be censored!
14) Do not dig up old threads. If you want to continue an old discussion (older than one month), create a new thread and reference the old one in your post.
15) NewTiburon requires 100 posts prior to being able to sell an item within our Marketplace. We do this to protect our members from potential scam artists. Spamming in order to get your post count up WILL NOT be tolerated and will be subject to infractions or lockdown. You may not post your for sale item outside the Marketplace. You may PM an administrator and ask for permission to sell if your post count is below 100. Please do not post whore to raise your post count otherwise you will find your For Sale thread delete, your past posts deleted, and your post count reset.
16) This forum is not free advertising space. Vendors have paid for their advertising and respective forums. While posting non-vendor links on the forum is allowed, every member is expected to be respectful of the vendor forums and is not to post non-vendor links within the vendor forums.
This rule is in an effort to help members' best interests as car enthusiasts. Any link believed to be spamming a business rather than truly helping members will be deleted and the member is subject to disciplinary measures.
17) No spamming, flooding the forum with useless content, or continuously posting useless comments. All spam and useless posts will be deleted. All spammers will be permanently banned. Those that continuously make useless posts will be infracted.
18 ) All forum posts may be reformatted without notice. All forum topics may be reworded without notice.
19) Signature and Avatar Content: Please keep all content in your signature or avatar PG-13. We have a lot of members that access this site from public locations (work, libraries, etc) and don’t want any distastefully or questionable content posted in signatures or avatars. Signatures and avatars are not to be used to portray any other member of this site is a negative way without exception.
Signature Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your signature (600 pixels wide x 110 pixels high)
Avatar Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your avatar (137 pixels wide x 87 pixels high)
As always the staff of NewTiburon.com reserves the right to decide what is considered distasteful or questionable and all decisions made by a staff member are final. Any signature or avatars not meeting the guidelines stated above will be deleted.
20) Ladies lounge: There is a forum up and running on the site that is dedicated to just the ladies. If you want access to it, please PM one of the site administrators to request access. We all hope that you ladies have fun and enjoy your private forum.
21) VIP Lounge: There are two ways to gain access to the VIP Lounge.
The first method is the preferred method if you haven't sent in a donation.
- Click User CP on the top menu bar
- Under miscellaneous click "Paid Subscriptions"
- Click order on the right hand side. Once you pay your access will be granted immediately.
*Method 2* (For those who have already sent in a donation manually)
- Send a new email to: email@example.com
- The topic of the email MUST be "ACCESS REQUEST" (If it isn't it won't be received)
- Include in the email your Paypal name (Your real name) and your forum username.
- Wait a couple days for me to manually add your request.
Please note that subscriptions/donations are non-refundable. Breaking any of the of other site rules may result in the revoking of VIP status, or banning from the site.
Disclaimer : The owner and NewTiburon.com Staff members have the right to circumvent or act outside the site rules and any specific forum or thread rules and also the ability to remove any member for any reason. The Site Rules are subject to change without prior notice and you will be subject to those changes.
- NewTiburon.com will not be held liable for any transactions made on this site from other members or site sponsors.
- Newtiburon.com is not responsible for and will not be held liable for any loss of data.
- Unless required by a jurisdictional governing legal body Newtiburon.com ("NT.com") will not disclose any personal information for any of its members unless by express permission of said member. Express permission may be granted by the member through electronic medium or in writing.
- Always be courteous to other members. Always.