LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 06-18-2011, 07:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Homicide
(Thread Starter)
Stupid sunroof!!ugh

Stupid thing keeps getting jammed while im trying to slide it open cant find were its getting jammed at. its really starting to annoy me when im trying to open it manually doesn't seem like its opening straight. Anyone know what i could try to fix the stupid thing.?.

Before - 06 Moonlit Blue V6 GT..R1 Exhaust..SSA Headers..Cold Air Intake..Hids..Angel Eyes..Alpine HU..Fosgate Speakers..Drilled and Slotted Rotors..Espilar Lowering Springs..Tints..

Now - 07 United Gray VW GTI.. Window TInt..Tein Lowering Springs..CAI..Stage 2 coming soon =]
Now - 06 Pearl Black Lexus IS250 AWD..Window Tints.. more to come soon... =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-18-2011, 08:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

foxxkiller18 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxxkiller18 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxxkiller18 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Stupid sunroof!!ugh

Omfg mine does the same thing I just want to punch it out lol free bump I would also like an answer
#3 Old 06-18-2011, 08:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Homicide
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxkiller18 View Post
Omfg mine does the same thing I just want to punch it out lol free bump I would also like an answer
hahah yeah stupid thing pisses me off i get like that too

Before - 06 Moonlit Blue V6 GT..R1 Exhaust..SSA Headers..Cold Air Intake..Hids..Angel Eyes..Alpine HU..Fosgate Speakers..Drilled and Slotted Rotors..Espilar Lowering Springs..Tints..

Now - 07 United Gray VW GTI.. Window TInt..Tein Lowering Springs..CAI..Stage 2 coming soon =]
#4 Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
jmsutphin0001 will become famous soon enough

i've had this issue...and it's not getting "jammed"....it's the button....replace or take it apart and adjust it

3Tibs so far&still staying strong!AEMcai,DCSportscatback,RPWheaders,HighFlowCat,ARK DTP's,NGMlightwt crank ply/billet alum. motor mnts&NGMCams,AdjustableCamGears,Stage4 LwrIM,ARKpolished pwr steering ply/sts&swaybar,KJBdelrin shifter linkeage&base bushings,horn upgrade,OptimaYellowTop,passenger side cuphldr,dynomat,slave cylinder&coolant bypass mod,jl component spkrs,R1Concepts rotors&G2paint,int.reupholstery,DiodeDynamics led's,tuscani badges.soon:dual clutch,stage4 heads,hydra ems
#5 Old 06-18-2011, 10:01 PM
NewTiburon.com God

and yea...it is extremely annoying....

3Tibs so far&still staying strong!AEMcai,DCSportscatback,RPWheaders,HighFlowCat,ARK DTP's,NGMlightwt crank ply/billet alum. motor mnts&NGMCams,AdjustableCamGears,Stage4 LwrIM,ARKpolished pwr steering ply/sts&swaybar,KJBdelrin shifter linkeage&base bushings,horn upgrade,OptimaYellowTop,passenger side cuphldr,dynomat,slave cylinder&coolant bypass mod,jl component spkrs,R1Concepts rotors&G2paint,int.reupholstery,DiodeDynamics led's,tuscani badges.soon:dual clutch,stage4 heads,hydra ems
#6 Old 06-19-2011, 08:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Homicide
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsutphin0001 View Post
i've had this issue...and it's not getting "jammed"....it's the button....replace or take it apart and adjust it
my bad let me explain it better its the stupid sun roof shade not the actual sun roof it opens fine if i take the shade completely out but when i open the shade it gets stuck so it wont let the sun roof open

#7 Old 06-19-2011, 08:30 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Tcarboy7 will become famous soon enoughTcarboy7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homicide View Post
my bad let me explain it better its the stupid sun roof shade not the actual sun roof it opens fine if i take the shade completely out but when i open the shade it gets stuck so it wont let the sun roof open
does it get stuck open, closed or kinda in the middle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6SPD
BONE STOCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 06-19-2011, 11:35 AM
NewTiburon.com God

ALPiNE_MULiSHA will become famous soon enoughALPiNE_MULiSHA will become famous soon enough

Mine used to do that so I just took it out lol

PAST *Heavily Modded* 2003 Alpine White Hyundai Tiburon GT 2.7L V6
PAST *Modded* 2007 Mineral Gray Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Regular Cab 5.7L Hemi V8 4x4
PRESENT 2012 SageBrush Pearlcoat Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi V8 4x4 w/ RamBox Storage System
#9 Old 06-19-2011, 02:58 PM
NewTiburon.com God

sorry.....i would check the tracks of the sunshade and see what is making that happen.

#10 Old 06-19-2011, 03:32 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

speedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to allspeedy is a name known to all

Here's a DIY what I did to fix it...

1.) go sit in car
2.) open it halfway
3.) reach up around the shade and grasp it firmly.
4.) close eyes and pull like a mother fvcker.
5.) repeat steps 3 & 4 for the second shade.

"People should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people."
-V-

#11 Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

blanka182 is an unknown quantity at this point

My sunrood had that problem. The metal hook on top piece was getting jammed on the bottom piece (the hook is on the drivers side of the top piece). I bent the hook out of the way and fixed the problem, of course now the sunroof does not auto open when you open the sunroof but at least it is not stuck anymore. The actual fix was to replace the top piece of the sunroof shade because the bent hook and broke the plastic guide so the hook and plastic guide needed to be replaced.
#12 Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

nb2bda17710 is an unknown quantity at this point

my sunroof was stuck hald ways open last feb(winter driving while this happens sucks) anyways took it to dealership they could get it fixed and stripped out the manual driver trying to move it and i did some testing and it wasnt the switch so the dealership wanted 800bucks for a new one i said F that in the A there was nothing wrong with any component so why replace it,,, long storey short I took the head liner our and unbolted the whole compontent but left the motor in place held it half and inch downward and moved it with the motor did this several times to make sure it was okay and the bolted it back in place lubed up the tracks rollers ect andnow it works perfectly even auto open did this in 3 hours(much better than payingsomone800 for a new trackandwindow) and i didnt do thisbut while ur headliner is off i suggest puching the drain tubes(all 4 corners) upas far as they go and then putting hose clamps onthem if they becomeloose it will leak rain water and leak down to your stock amp making horriblesoundsthrough your radioand eventually frying your amp (happend to me) just my 2 cents
#13 Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
NewTiburon.com God

03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about

dry graphite in the channels that the sunroof shade slides in..... it's a poor design.

what works for me is putting my hand on the right side of the shade in the middle, where the 2 pieces of the shade meet. if you just try to keep pushing the front one backwards, the rear sunshade will get all cockeyed in its tracks and bind up.... you have to kinda help the rear shade slide backwards sometimes.

but seriously, get liquid graphite, spray it into the tracks and work it in there. repeat monthly.

03 GT 6sp.... VHR clutch kit**Koni Yellows**Tein springs**Energy Suspension Swaybar Bushings**Moog Links
#14 Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

DisturbedMaggot will become famous soon enoughDisturbedMaggot will become famous soon enough

the tracks on the shades break very easily. theyre about 125$ each (front and back) to replace them to replace the clips on the tracks. otherwise, use both hands to evenly open the shade manually, or, straighten it out and close it completely, and only use the sunroof itself to open the shades <--what I do

RIP 10/2003 - 3/26/2013

04 Silver GT 6 spd
Magnaflow -|- 2 12" Punch P3s/Ported Box/ Kicker ZX750.1 -|- AEM CAI -|- Viper 5901 -|- 17" Silver Akita Racing Rims
Hardwired Beltronics GX 65 -|- Blackout Tinting -|- Billit Shorty Antenna -|- Fidanza -|- Performance Clutch -|- Short Shifter
#15 Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
PRtibby is just really nicePRtibby is just really nicePRtibby is just really nice

^^^^this is what i do but it is very annoying lolz

Original Owner of 03 tib (6speed)
** 2013 Car of the Month - Sept – Best Red Tiburon **
Member profile:
#16 Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Johncrxsi will become famous soon enoughJohncrxsi will become famous soon enough

I'm glad mine works fine
#17 Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

AirborneTib is an unknown quantity at this point

had the exact problem both tracks were broke so I just pulled it out. Plan on putting 2% tint up there
#18 Old 02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Captain Québec

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
NewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud ofNewTibOwner2011 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

1.) go sit in car
2.) open it halfway
+1 Rep for that tip! haha

Community Voted Best Staff Member Of 2013

2007 GS Sport Charcoal Grey Tiburon -

2002 Stock Elantra - Sold
2008 GS Sport Tidal Wave Blue Tiburon - Actual
#19 Old 02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Nmersing is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

1.) go sit in car
2.) open it halfway
, thank you speedy!! Couldnt agree more!

Making a quick reply here, I didn't get to read all of the posts but my shade gets stuck all the time... should I say, would get stuck all of the time.... until 2 days ago.. I said screw it and kept yanking on it till it broke apart. then i opened my "sunroof" all the way and when i went to close it, it snapped 2 metal prongs... so now i have to move these 2 metal pieces when i go to close it so it doesnt destroy the motor.. that damn shade can go to hell!

Last edited by Nmersing; 02-22-2012 at 01:40 PM.
#20 Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

mlev

Is there a DIY to remove the sunshade correctly and not "pull like a mofo"? :-S
#21 Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Lessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to allLessaj is a name known to all

If you really want, you can drop the headliner and take it out that way. There is a DIY for that.

2012 Nov - COTM - Best Regional Tiburon (Canada)

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Rally Red Injen IS Cold Air Intake ;; Jun BL catback ;; DC headers ;; TWM STS ;; FL Headlights ;; 4300k HID Low//3000K HID Fogs ;; Shorty Antenna ;; 18x8 Tenzo DC-6 ;; Switchback Turn Signals ;; Lightweight Crank/Power Steering Pullies ;; Oil Catch Can ;; Seibon TS CF Hood ;; SMD Angel Eyes ;; HSD Coilovers
Canada OWNS NT
#22 Old 03-07-2012, 02:19 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

mlev

I have the headliner out. How do I remove the sunshade from here? Lol

Help!!
#23 Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

nb2bda17710 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol pull like a "mofo" lol jk
#24 Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

mlev

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb2bda17710 View Post
lol pull like a "mofo" lol jk
I hate you so much right now.

Lol in all seriousness though, I just put the headliner back up.. But my sunshade rattles "like a mofo."

EDIT: I'm not really as angry as all those emoticons make it seem.
#25 Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM
NewTiburon.com God

03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about03_tibby_CT has a spectacular aura about

on the back of the tracks there's a small screw that holds the plastic sunshade guide to the frame. remove it, and bend it upwards enough to slide the shades out the back.

03 GT 6sp.... VHR clutch kit**Koni Yellows**Tein springs**Energy Suspension Swaybar Bushings**Moog Links
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.