Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

klutch's 2004 tib gt

10K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  klutch225 
#1 · (Edited)
ok so i bought my tib in october of 2011 when i got home from my military police training was really excited to get it because almost no one in my area knows or sees tib although there are more people gettin them now anyway when i got it i found out over time little to no maintenance was done to it as in i had to replace my radiator, serpentine belt and serpentine belt tensioner, alternator, valve cover gasket, plugs and wires, all 4 sets of brakes and rotors, all 4 tires and the worst part was after all that my timing belt broke (didnt know it wasnt changed and figured it was will never make that mistake again) and i replace my motor so now i have just recently started to mod it and i plan to do a lot with it

Interior:
Alpine head unit
True carbon fiber door pulls
Some pieces painted blue
Dash gauge pod
AEM a/f gauge
AEM Oil pressure gauge
AEM volts gauge

Exterior:
tint 35% door windows 20% backglas and quater glass 5% windshield strip
Muteki blue lugs
custom grille
emblem swap
Gt wing
05-06 head lights
05-06 taillights
6k HIDS
All led lights (switchback turn signals)
LED strip third brake light
LED license plate bulbs
Blue fuel door with toothless decal and side air ducts
Hella horns
Powder coated wheels
Rear diffuser
Ark shorty antenna

Performance:
AEM Cold Air Intake
Mussa cat back exhaust
Solid motor and trans mounts
ARK light weight pulleys
NGK wires and iridium IX plugs
Ark headers
Ngm 70mm throttle body
Ngm Stage 4 upper and lower intake manifolds
Phenolic intake spacer
Ngm stage 2 heads
Ngm Stage 2 cams
Ngm cam gears
Ngm adjustable fuel pressure regulator
A/C delete
Mishimoto radiator
Mishimoto Trans cooler
Mishimoto radiator hoses
Mishimoto slim fans
Shaved valve covers with dual catch cans
Optima red top battery
0gauge battery ground

Brakes and suspension:
Kevin sport coilovers
Rotora bbk front
Stop tech drilled and slotted rotors rear
Stop tech ss brake lines
Hawk racing brake pads
15mm h&r wheel spacers
Front dc sports strut bar
Rear dc sports strut bar
Progressive rear sway bar
Upgraded front sway bar
Full poly bushings suspension

when i first got it:

And now

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
got a new sticker on the back glass nothin special

got new emblems and plasti dipped the hatch, new low rise spoiler and hood and removed my military police sticker (messed up three sets of windshield wipers in a month)

rims have curb rash from the previous owner unfortunately

the plasti dip needs to be touched up a little in a couple areas other than that its pretty good

and won 1st at siknic car show for Kia/Mazda/Hyundai mild class

#9 ·
i got two new updates the first is i made and installed my new grille today and i think it looks great since it cost me less than $10

and my now fiance'e got engaged last night decided to get a genesis coupe 2.0T last week so now we both have hyundais lol

#11 ·
Looks Ike your tib is coming along just fine, nice pulleys

#14 ·
yes lol best 5 dollar mod there is

next on my list is headers then over haul the sound system both will take a good bit of effort but it'll be worth it and after looking through trunk layouts on here i think ill still have a one of a kind ;)

#15 ·
Went to the drag strip today to get my starting times(well close to stock) and I'm a little disappointed but I think it's partially this slow because of a small exhaust leak and no Tune yet we'll here it is

I'm the one on the right with a time of 16.025 in the quarter

#18 ·
Alright just a couple things to update joined a local club Flatline customs car and truck club

And I got my fl headlights and they look awesome lol

Other than that I got Angel eyes and complete sound system overhaul waiting to get put in can't wait =)

#22 ·
They hit pretty hard I'll figure out how many decibels probably the beginning of March then in like April or may I'm goin to swap to some custom made 10"s that I'm gunna get made that'll better handle the power from the amp

#29 ·
Got my angel eyes put in and can I just say damn they're sexy the blue is my favorite but the red looks sick too I got the multi color from @DIOdedynamics they were very easy to deal with and they came out great will definitely buy from them again anyway here they are =)

I just gotta take the housings back apart cause I got a finger print or two in the inside like a newbie
-.- gotta learn some how though right?

#36 ·
I installed the highs for my sounds system Kicker 6 1/2" door speakers and kicker 6x9s in the back seat with a 800watt 4 channel kicker amp with some newer door panels that don't have any scuffs on them with some true carbon fiber door pulls and changed the spark plugs and wires with NGK wires and NGK iridium IX plugs

#37 ·
Little update shaved and plasti dipped the hatch removed the Plastidip from the roof and hood tinted the tail lights painted some interior pieces put in LED license plate bulbs and a LED third brake light and rewired the Angel eyes to work off the side marker lights

And I just like this picture

#40 ·
Got a little update installed my dc sport headers and changed to the no a/c belt haven't removed the compressor yet though

Also put I'm my AEM wideband with a carbon fiber dual a pillar gauge pod

I also put in some footwell LEDs and dome light LEDs all blue don't have pictures of that at the moment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.