LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #51 of 105 Old 07-08-2015, 05:42 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
blackandyellow
Re: Phoebus's 03

Subscribed.

2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE V6 6 Speed. eBay Catback Exhaust and Headers. SRI. Apexi NEO. Innovate LC1. SPEC stg 3 clutch. 13lb chromoly flywheel. Epod guage cluster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 105 Old 07-08-2015, 10:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
IHAVENOCLUE is an unknown quantity at this point

IHAVENOCLUE

~~~1 more to go
post #53 of 105 Old 07-09-2015, 02:05 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Rushking19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Just discovered your build and it is so Amazing can't wait to see it finished

post #54 of 105 Old 07-22-2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Phoebus will become famous soon enough
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well Sorry for the lack of updates. Took the machine shop for ever to get my heads back to me... Finally ordered my LSD for the transmission and have started to build the exhaust piping for the turbo. (in the pic it is stock headers since we were seeing where it is supposed to sit before we built a new Y-Pipe) Still fighting with ARP to get head studs, should have them ordered in the next day or so. Also a lot of work clearing and getting as much stuff as possible out of the engine bay.

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6sp Turbo?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT v6 5spd - Sold

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood
post #55 of 105 Old 07-22-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushking19 View Post
Just discovered your build and it is so Amazing can't wait to see it finished
Thanks, It has been going kind of slow since been waiting on shops and ARP to get things from but still in the process and hopefully will have it running this summer still

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood
post #56 of 105 Old 08-04-2015, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well finally got my ARP Head studs in today... That took too long to get Studs for a motor they don't make Studs or Bolts for... >.> Haven't installed them yet, but looks like they will work perfectly.

Slowly but surely moving along lol

post #57 of 105 Old 08-04-2015, 10:31 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
browningdr
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Well finally got my ARP Head studs in today... That took too long to get Studs for a motor they don't make Studs or Bolts for... >.> Haven't installed them yet, but looks like they will work perfectly.

Slowly but surely moving along lol

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a reference number any of us could use to pick up a set? And was it a pretty penny?

Glad to see progress, and I'm excited to see how the motor build goes!
post #58 of 105 Old 08-04-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by browningdr View Post
If you don't mind me asking, do you have a reference number any of us could use to pick up a set? And was it a pretty penny?

Glad to see progress, and I'm excited to see how the motor build goes!
I want to make sure they all work first before others ordering them if they don't. And truthfully they were a ton cheaper than I was expecting to pay. But will let you know once I get them installed here hopefully soon.

post #59 of 105 Old 08-04-2015, 11:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

browningdr
Garage
Quote:
I want to make sure they all work first before others ordering them if they don't. And truthfully they were a ton cheaper than I was expecting to pay. But will let you know once I get them installed here hopefully soon.
Awesome! Thank you. That just means more money for better parts.
post #60 of 105 Old 09-28-2015, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Small update, Last set of Studs I got from ARP didn't fit so got new ones and this time they were the better ARP2000 studs. So guess it kind of worked out. But at least the motor is on it's way back into 1 piece.

post #61 of 105 Old 09-29-2015, 09:38 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Requiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Small update, Last set of Studs I got from ARP didn't fit so got new ones and this time they were the better ARP2000 studs. So guess it kind of worked out. But at least the motor is on it's way back into 1 piece.

Keep it up dude, i want to see this thing running and boostin!

2006 Lapis Blue V6
Stage 4 Sniper: 575CFM @ 185000rpm

"I don't usually downshift, but when i do, it's next to a Prius so they can hear me hurt the environment." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #62 of 105 Old 10-05-2015, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Just a little update:

Thanks to @dlanes for the help, I got all the cams back in and new timing bet installed. Motor is starting to look like a motor again.

Also another update. Spent the weekend installing a new Smart TV, Internet and Direct TV down in the shop so now no work will ever get done now haha

Last edited by Phoebus; 10-05-2015 at 12:12 PM.
post #63 of 105 Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Slight updates:

Transmission is now at the transmission shop getting the LSD put in it and just a check up to make sure everything is good.

And been awhile since I worked on the fuel system since I needed a 1in spacer made for it. And as long as it was being machinesd at a machine shop figured why not have them anodize it Red hehe Turned out good. Will post pictures tonight with it together for what it looks like.

Code Air and MrElantra104 like this.

post #64 of 105 Old 10-28-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

A few pics of how the duel hanger will look, about 70% done. still need to wire it up and mount the float for the fuel level and secure and mount the pumps. Kind of a nice feeling when things you build turn out so nice looking haha

post #65 of 105 Old 10-28-2015, 05:29 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Code Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to behold

Sorry if I skipped over this but are you using oem connecting rods?

Hyundai it's the Rodney Dangerfield of the automotive world.

Ignorance is curable (with knowledge), stupidity is not.

2011 October

post #66 of 105 Old 10-28-2015, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Air View Post
Sorry if I skipped over this but are you using oem connecting rods?

Nope they are Pauter Rods. CP Pistons and Pauter rods

post #67 of 105 Old 10-28-2015, 06:34 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Code Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to beholdCode Air is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nope they are Pauter Rods. CP Pistons and Pauter rods
Nice I bet those cost a pretty penny.

Hyundai it's the Rodney Dangerfield of the automotive world.

Ignorance is curable (with knowledge), stupidity is not.

2011 October

post #68 of 105 Old 10-28-2015, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Air View Post
Nice I bet those cost a pretty penny.
Haha not too bad. I think like around $2,000 give or take for both, so not too bad.

post #69 of 105 Old 11-10-2015, 03:28 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
It's coming together nice, just as a warning when you set up the haltech ecu set up a fail safe so if you're fuel pump dies or your motor means out to much the ecu will kill spark to the engine
post #70 of 105 Old 12-02-2015, 05:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Fayze33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did the atp y pipe fit directly with your stock headers and the turbo or did you you have to refabricate it? I have dc headers as well as my stock headers in case but was thinking about getting the atp y pipe but wasnt sure how it would fit with the headers. Any more pics
post #71 of 105 Old 12-02-2015, 06:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Very nice setup by the way, sexy a$@ turbo
post #72 of 105 Old 12-03-2015, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayze33 View Post
Did the atp y pipe fit directly with your stock headers and the turbo or did you you have to refabricate it? I have dc headers as well as my stock headers in case but was thinking about getting the atp y pipe but wasnt sure how it would fit with the headers. Any more pics
I am in the process of re fabbing about 60% of the ATP y-pipe to fit DC headers since stock with the pre-cats will be too restrictive. I haven't had much time recently, since getting other cars and snowmobiles ready for winter. Hoping to get more work done on it once I get back from my trip to Chicago next week. I will post pictures of it soon as it is done. Also bought the ATP down pipe to see how it looked since they didn't have a picture. And for the $300 I don't feel it is worth it since need to cut and modify it since if I were to use it the way it came the turbo would sit backwards (like wtf) so that will also be modified once I finish the y-pipe.

Stay tuned a lot of fun stuff coming this winter since finished my garage with internet, Direct TV and heat lol so going to spend a lot more time down there working on the Tib and stuff.
BIGDEEZTIB likes this.

post #73 of 105 Old 12-04-2015, 09:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
I can't wait to see this thing run what Hp are you hoping for?
post #74 of 105 Old 12-04-2015, 10:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mattt

I'll subscribe to this too and see how it goes
post #75 of 105 Old 12-05-2015, 01:35 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Thanks for the feedback, so I guess I won't buy the atp pipe and just gonna make a custom turbo y pipe haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.