post #1 of 105 Old 11-15-2014, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phoebus will become famous soon enough
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Phoebus's 03

Well Since I don't have one of these and I know a few people have wanted me to make one I figured it was about time. This will be a work in progress for a little bit so excuse the mess.

History:

Bought her in 2011 with 72k miles on it from a friend. Knowing the whole history of the car it has sat every winter so never seen any of the lovely salt from Minnesota here.

How she looked when I got her.

First setup after getting that car.

After having the car for 1 year I got a Sniper stage 2 and went a little overboard with it and got a hydra to tune it. Which made 289WHP I ran this set up for about 2 years and once I got it running correctly it was time for another change. Look forward to seeing what that change is.

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6sp Turbo?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT v6 5spd - Sold

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood

Last edited by Phoebus; 10-14-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 Old 11-15-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Phoebus's 03

Mods list: (I know I am missing some so will be updated more)

Current:

Engine:

DC Sport Headers
ARK DTS-V2 Techno Exhaust
NGM Solid Motor Mounts
NGM 70mm BBTB
ARK Red LW Pulleys
Koyo Aluminum Radiator
Mishimoto Red Radiator Fans
Mishimoto Red Radiator Hoses
AEM Cold Air Intake
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Ported Lower Intake

Suspension:

ARK Rear Swaybar
DC Sport Front Strut Bar
Rear Moog Endlinks

Other:

KJB Shifter Base Bushings
TWM Solid Cable Bushings
ARK Short Throw Shifter
Carbon Fiber Gas Door
Carbon Fiber front bumper cover thingy
Carbon Fiver Fuse Box Cover
Mussa Carbon Fiber Hood (pained black)
Custom Painted Tuscani Emblems (Red/Black)

Past mods:
NGM Stage 2 SC
NGM 360cc Injectors
Hydra EMS 2.7 Tuned by RS Motors
Custom Braided Steel Icebox hoses
DC Sport Catback

Future mods to be put on car:
(I have some of these mods already and working on getting a few still)

Have:
Built Motor by Full Blown Motorsports
NGM Twin Disk Clutch
TD LSD Installed in 6spd Trans
NGM Stage 4 upper Intake Manifold
Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 ECU
MSD DIS-4
Tial 44mm Wastegate (Red)
Tial 50mm BOV (Red)
Duel 255lph In Tank Fuel Pumps
Braided Stainless Fuel lines with all AN fittings
Full Blown Motorsports Fuel Pressure Regulator
ID 1000cc Injectors
"Small" Precision Turbo
BC Racing Custom Coilovers
ATP Turbo Y-Pipe
ATP down pipe (Got it and was like "WTF" so may or maynot modify to work)

Need:
maze1291 and jessicax like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old mods: NGM Sniper Stage 2, 360cc injectors, NGM 70mm BBTB, Hydra 2.7, 255lph Fuel Pump, DC ceramic headers, DC Catback, AEM CAI, Koyo Radiator, ARK STS, KJB Delrin Base Bushings, TWM Solid Cable Bushings, ARK LW Red Pulleys, ARK Rear Sway Bar, NGM solid motor mounts, Ported Lower Intake, CF Hood

Last edited by Phoebus; 10-06-2016 at 09:30 AM.
post #3 of 105 Old 11-15-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Work in progress pictures:

brockd03, maze1291 and CyrilKeir like this.

Last edited by Phoebus; 11-11-2015 at 01:40 PM.

post #4 of 105 Old 11-29-2014, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well here it is so far. Getting dropped off Monday morning along with an arm and a leg to pay for the build.

Question: So I am 99% sure some of the 5speed Tibs do not have ABS.... How hard would it be to get rid of it and convert one that has it to not having it?

Last edited by Phoebus; 11-11-2015 at 12:34 PM.
post #5 of 105 Old 11-30-2014, 08:18 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Broucksje is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Nice car, looking forward to further update's
post #6 of 105 Old 12-02-2014, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well just got back from the shop and the Motor is already tore down and stuff ordered. And I randomly got one of the pistons to bring home lol

Last edited by Phoebus; 11-11-2015 at 12:35 PM.
post #7 of 105 Old 12-03-2014, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
TylerHowes will become famous soon enough
Garage

This needs to hurry and get done bud! Cannot wait to see the finished product
brockd03 likes this.

NGM Stage I Iced Sniper, NGM 70mm TB, NGM stage 2 evac, NGM stage 4 LIM, AEM water (30%)/meth(70%) injection, custom front solid motor mount and Web Motorsports solid rear motor mount insert, Ebay headers, Borla catback exhaust (catless), Innovate LC-1 wideband, FX Racing Stage 4 clutch, pressure plate, and lightweight flywheel, AEM CAI, PowerStop drilled/slotted rotors, NGK step 1 colder plugs/NGK wires, Tuscani re-badge, White headlight LED's, '05 FL headlights, Raceland coilovers (2-3" drop).
post #8 of 105 Old 12-09-2014, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

A teaser of a few waiting parts waiting for the car. More are on their way.

post #9 of 105 Old 12-09-2014, 08:34 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Jake89 will become famous soon enoughJake89 will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
A teaser of a few waiting parts waiting for the car. More are on their way.

Looking good man. I like where this is going.

V8 swap and RWD conversion
post #10 of 105 Old 12-12-2014, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Got a few more thing in the mail today. Makes me wish I had my motor back already so I could start rest fitting and getting things put together.

Last edited by Phoebus; 11-11-2015 at 12:50 PM.
post #11 of 105 Old 12-12-2014, 10:41 PM

TiburonGT03

looks like some good stuff ya got there

Turbo V6!
Checkout My Member Profile
post #12 of 105 Old 12-13-2014, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiburonGT03 View Post
looks like some good stuff ya got there
Yep, Thanks again!

post #13 of 105 Old 01-30-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Small update:

Just ordered my "Small Turbo" Hope to have pictures of it once the shop gets it in stock.

Also have everything to build mu duel pump intank fuel system all with Black/Red AN fittings and Braided Steel lines.

Hopefully will also be getting my NGM Twindisk clutch and valve springs here in the next couple weeks from a local member in MN that has them.

And slowly amassing parts like upgrading from DC Sport catbacks to ARK ones, getting 05-06 headlights,and Mishimoto Red radiator fans so I don't have the ugly stock ones anymore.

Last edited by Phoebus; 11-11-2015 at 12:51 PM.
post #14 of 105 Old 01-30-2015, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Forgot to upload a picture of the motor when I picked it up from Full Blown Motorsports last month. With new Rods and Pistons to handle the little bit of power the motor will be seeing in the near future.

Last edited by Phoebus; 11-11-2015 at 12:56 PM.
post #15 of 105 Old 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Moderatin' real hard.

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
GK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud of
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Question: So I am 99% sure some of the 5speed Tibs do not have ABS.... How hard would it be to get rid of it and convert one that has it to not having it?
Didn't see this until now. I have done this a couple months ago. All you need is the four brake lines, and the non-ABS master cylinder. I got my lines from the dealer, price was surprisingly reasonable. I haven't yet been able to find a way to get rid of the ABS module though. I had to leave that plugged in (and the fuses) or else I got a CEL and 5K cutoff. Soon enough, I will hack that ABS module apart, keep only the electronic portion and hide it away. At least that's the simplest solution.

post #16 of 105 Old 02-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Moderatin' real hard.

GK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud of
Garage

Also, excellent build man! I am very jealous. I want to do with mine what you are doing with yours. So bad. I really appreciate that you are taking the time and resources to modify your car properly. Very exciting stuff indeed!

post #17 of 105 Old 02-01-2015, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK27V6 View Post
Also, excellent build man! I am very jealous. I want to do with mine what you are doing with yours. So bad. I really appreciate that you are taking the time and resources to modify your car properly. Very exciting stuff indeed!
Thanks! Also I think I have come to the solution that I am just going to move the module and lines and mount it down where the windshield washer reservoir used to be... We will see how that goes, because the lines look like they will be long enough if I just re-bend them.

My goal is to get the car running for this summer and next winter rip it all apart again and clean it up and re powder coat everything to make it look like it used to with all the black and red.

post #18 of 105 Old 02-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Moderatin' real hard.

Garage
True, I am sure you can do that. In my case the lines were rusting underneath the car and did not feel safe with this situation.

And sounds good to me man, looking great so far so I am positive of your end results looking incredible.
post #19 of 105 Old 02-05-2015, 09:15 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Requiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of lightRequiem Alderon is a glorious beacon of light
Looking great man, I'm stoked to see what your cooking up
post #20 of 105 Old 02-08-2015, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Well I figured I would past this update here since this is pretty much the rarest Tib parts I have ever seen... And to have 2 of them one being brand new and the other barely used.

maze1291 likes this.

Last edited by Phoebus; 11-11-2015 at 12:57 PM.
post #21 of 105 Old 02-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
NitrousTibby
Dude sweet build!!!! I think I've seen some of your clutch pictures on Tuscani Underground... If you ever decide to sell the clutch set up let me know! I would def be interested!! Good luck and very excited about your build!! Nice to know some people still focus on tiburon as much I would want to!!
post #22 of 105 Old 02-09-2015, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousTibby View Post
Dude sweet build!!!! I think I've seen some of your clutch pictures on Tuscani Underground... If you ever decide to sell the clutch set up let me know! I would def be interested!! Good luck and very excited about your build!! Nice to know some people still focus on tiburon as much I would want to!!
Haha most likely ^.^ And I don't have plans on selling any of it so don't hold your breath, but time will tell what happens to everything.

Thanks it is going to be a fun build. That's all I going to say lol

post #23 of 105 Old 02-11-2015, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Yay The "Small" Turbo just came in today. Excited to get things moving again.

And another fun little toy I got today at the same time as long as I was getting the Turbo.

Last edited by Phoebus; 10-14-2015 at 11:01 PM.
post #24 of 105 Old 02-11-2015, 10:53 AM

TiburonGT03

cant wait for the finished product!

Turbo V6!
Checkout My Member Profile
post #25 of 105 Old 02-13-2015, 04:02 PM

TylerHowes will become famous soon enough
Garage

What other parts are you still waiting on?

NGM Stage I Iced Sniper, NGM 70mm TB, NGM stage 2 evac, NGM stage 4 LIM, AEM water (30%)/meth(70%) injection, custom front solid motor mount and Web Motorsports solid rear motor mount insert, Ebay headers, Borla catback exhaust (catless), Innovate LC-1 wideband, FX Racing Stage 4 clutch, pressure plate, and lightweight flywheel, AEM CAI, PowerStop drilled/slotted rotors, NGK step 1 colder plugs/NGK wires, Tuscani re-badge, White headlight LED's, '05 FL headlights, Raceland coilovers (2-3" drop).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.