NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)
My 2008 GT

Hey everyone

I bought my Tiburon in the summer of 2014 after finally parting ways with my 1997 Honda Civic DX that I dearly loved. Having had my Civic since I was 16 and being 22 at the time I thought it was time for an upgrade to something sportier and most importantly..... a manual. The Tiburon was by no means my first choice and I can honestly say was one I never considered. I'd always enjoyed the looks of the Tiburon but as it didn't dominate the Fast and Furious screen and was relatively beatable in Need For Speed Underground one it wasn't on my radar.

I began my search for a new cart with the typical culprits: Civic Si, Acura RSX-S, Genesis, Eclipse GT and GSX, Impreza WRX Sti and etc. However, after realizing many of these cars were out of my price range, mostly because people want too much for their "mint condition" used cars and a relatively low budget I was a little fed up with looking. However, at the time my friend was a lot manager at my local Hyundai and had a black 2007 Eclipse GT with under 80,000km for $8500.

I was more a fan of the older 99' GSX AWD Turbo charged Eclipses but I figured the upgrade to a 3.8L V6 with 250+bhp and ft/lbs of torque and 6 spd manual would be a good compromise. I know many people are hugely opposed to the looks of those Eclipses but I never actually minded them. Anyway needless to say I was prepared to spend outside my budget and set up a loan to buy it, I'd had enough of my Civic and an automatic at this point.

But given I'm not driving an Eclipse you can imagine this fell through. I had looked at the car and decided to buy late on a Friday afternoon. I told my friend at Hyundai to put it at the back of the lot and that I would go to the bank on the Saturday and be in that afternoon to buy it, and then I left to drive home, primed with the satisfaction of my pending new car. However on the way home I received a series of phone calls from my friend telling me a used car dealer was looking at it, had test driven, and then subsequently purchased my future car to be. Needless to say I was pretty outright pissed off.

The next day he rang me up saying they had just got in a silver 08 Tiburon GT if I wanted to come look at it. Still pretty peeved I declined until I had picked him up from Hyundai later the next day. First thing I did upon seeing the car was look up the performance specs. Needless to say I wasn't too stoked on the 172bhp and 181 ft/lbs, instantly comparing it to the Eclipse I had just missed out on. We took it for a drive nonetheless. Needless to say during the test drive the Tiburon seemed to pull nicely and seemed satisfactory to me. By satisfactory I really do mean satisfactory as I still wasn't overly impressed by its numbers.

But, Monday morning came and we took the Tiburon to my dad at work (has been a technician for over 30 years) to check that mechanically it was all good. My dad instantly loved it, and highly recommended I buy it after seeing the condition it was in. However, I still wasn't overly sold. Long and short, I bought the car in cash the next day. $3500 later I was the owner, although at this point not 100% proud one, of a silver 2008 Tiburon GT with 167,000 km on the dash. I still wished it was more powerful (having never actually driven it) and wasn't completely sold on the aesthetics of the front end.

In the weeks following my purchase I constantly compared the Tiburon numbers for numbers with other cars that were faster 0-60 and in the 1/4, those with more power, that were also in my price range. I particularly felt disappointing after seeing a Cobalt SS had more bhp, torque and was quicker. Thus obviously the ambiguous Google searches "for how do I make my Tiburon faster" began. Needless to say those led me to this wonderful place, which at first was hugely discouraging as I found countless threads dedicated to saying the Tiburon was a waste of money.

However despite that I'd decided I was going to go ahead anyway. After researching, trying my hardest to avoid getting flamed as a "noob" I'd decided to go I/H/E and that was it, nothing more, couldn't afford it. I'd planned to buy one part each year for finances sake and then by the time I managed to complete my I/H/E build I'd be ready to buy something more substantial (of course the Genesis was my first thought). Well that didn't last. After seeing just how much new aftermarket performance parts cost I decided to look into second hand parts. I found a DC Sports cat back exhaust just down the road in Toronto for $500. A great deal I thought. Coincidentally the guy I bought it from also had a AEM cold air intake for sale. Having saw that CAIs were going for $350+ brand new I worked a deal where I ended up with both the exhaust and intake for $650. I was satisfied with the power increase and sound from the CAI and the exhaust and began to love the Tib a little more. That was it no more parts for a year for me (for context this was sometime in May).

Of course only weeks later I found a set of DC Sports headers out of California for $250. I had them shipped to Niagara, NY, had some lovely "modified" conversations with the border agents and pin the end only paid $340 to get them from California all the way to Toronto. Well.... I wasn't done there. By September 2015 I was craving more power after having essentially completed my I/H/E about 2 years quicker than I intended, safe to say I was bit by the mod bug. I had seen so much about NGM on the forum I decided to delve further.

I'd heard so much about the upper intake manifold I thought that that would be a perfect completion to my I/H/E and enough power for the Tiburon. I began looking for a NGM stage 4 and a bigger throttle body to boot. Unsurprisingly after researching and finding NGM no longer existed I struggled to find either of these as many before me had experienced. Of course since I had started looking into NGM I stumbled upon the Sniper kits, it was all downhill from there.

By this point I had grown a little more informed, and just in time as I began seriously looking for supercharger. I knew I didn't have enough technical knowledge to pursue something as extensive as the Assassin so I focused on the Sniper series. Again given my lack of knowledge in relation to tuning I decided a Stage 0 would be best as I saw little benefit to a Stage 1, and didn't have the know how or funds for tuning a Stage 2.

Before I knew it I had bought a Stage 0 for $2200 ($1800 USD at the time). The biggest factor in this decision was the fact I got a 70MM NGM Tri-flo throttle body for an added $50. I was over the moon. I'd got my I/H/E, a upgraded NGM upper intake manifold and throttle body along with a supercharger all for under $3000.

My affection for my Tib came gradually and grew over time, kinda like that best friend that wasn't your first choice to take to the prom, but the one that was there for you after when that bombshell you craved broke your heart. I actually grew to enjoy the looks of the front end. I now appreciate the Tiburon more than I ever thought I could have when I bought it. I love its increased power, I love the simple leather interior, I love the fact it looks hands over fist better than other car that cost exponentially more, love that it only cost me $6000 to get it the way I wanted it. More than anything I appreciate my Tiburon. I appreciate it for the opportunity it has given me to learn

Garage:
Supercharged 2008 Tiburon GT (5sp. Manual, 2.7L V6)

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/gar...ehicle_id=3210

Performance
NGM Sniper Stage 0 Supercharger
NGM 70mm Tri-Flo BBTB
AEM CAI
DC Sports cat back
DC Sports Headers
NGK 1 range colder iridium spark plugs
NGK Performance spark plug wires (blue)
Mishimoto 2 port compact baffled oil catch can
Custom FMIC/ Water to air heat exchanger system with AN fittings and braided lines (in progress)

Suspension/ Handling
DC Sports Front strut tower brace

Exterior
17" Fast Wheels "Rennen"
Tuscani "T' badges
30% black window tint
OEM high rise spoiler conversion
Hana Motors front bumper

Interior:
Dual DIN Kenwood stereo w/ 300 watt integrated amp

Plans/ ideas for the future:

Side mounted 10" JL Audio sub
Aftermarket Shift Knob
Clutchmasters FX300
Fidanza HY5 flywheel
Custom billet steel motor mount inserts
Chassis supports and upgraded rear sway bar

Our very first day, the then:

And the now:

2008 Silver Tiburon GT(2.7L, 5 Spd. Manual)
NGM Sniper Stage 0, NGM 70mm Tri-flo BBTB, AEM CAI, DC Sports headers, DC Sports cat-back, NGK blue spark wires, NGK 1 step colder iridium plugs, Mishimoto oil catch can, HANA front bumper, DC Sports front strut tower brace, 17" Fast Wheels Rennens, "T" Badging, 30% window tint, OEM high rise spoiler conversion.

Last edited by Chris Withenshaw; 03-11-2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Information update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 Old 06-07-2015, 12:02 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Flying__Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My 2008 Tiburon GT

Nice Tib! Keep us updated with any new mods you do. We'd love to see your progress!
post #3 of 98 Old 06-08-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Hey everyone a small update this week as I plasti dipped my fuel door, was a little nervous taking the door ring apart to detach the door and about how it would look but I am happy with the results. I'd love to hear what you guys and gals are thinking of the Tib thus far

Deus Tempestas likes this.

NGM Sniper Stage 0, NGM 70mm Tri-flo BBTB, AEM CAI, DC Sports headers, DC Sports cat-back, NGK blue spark wires, NGK 1 step colder iridium plugs, Mishimoto oil catch can, HANA front bumper, DC Sports front strut tower brace, 17" Fast Wheels Rennens, "T" Badging, 30% window tint, OEM high rise spoiler conversion.

Last edited by Chris Withenshaw; 06-08-2015 at 04:00 PM.

post #4 of 98 Old 06-08-2015, 07:23 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
medicineman1909 is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks really nice and clean, dude. How is the DC catback treating you? I'm contemplating ordering one, myself.
post #5 of 98 Old 06-09-2015, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

The DC is great. I picked mine up used for $500 Canadian so it was just such a great deal. That being said the Dc Sports exhaust I feel is the best for your money as it is just so substantially cheaper than models like the Borla and the ARK (don't quote me as I don't have any experience with these other systems but just price wise and for what are essentially the same product it makes sense). Many a member on here will tell you a cat back will give you no noticeable increase in power but I noticed a generous amount of power increase after installing mine with no other mods. The car accelerated much easier especially at higher speeds as well as just moving through the rev and speed range much smoother. I found that this is where the exhaust made the biggest difference was in the torque and being able to more efficiently deliver the engines power, definatly an noticeable power increase from my experience that's for sure. It sounds great while accelerating but once at speed the system will quite down to allow for nice relaxed cruising as well which in my book is a plus as I hate the generic fart can drone that many aftermarket exhaust have even when driving at just 50km. The system looks great and gives the car a much sportier appeal. It also bolted in no problem (mine was previously installed on a 03 and had zero problems mounting it to my 0. All in all while I can't vouch for the other brands the DC was personally a great investment in looks, performance sound etc. very very happy with it. My next mod is to get the accompanying DC Sports headers which I've heard and read only further increase the power gains of the cat back as well as give an even better sound.

Best of luck modding keep me updated with what decision you make, would love to see what you've done with your car

post #6 of 98 Old 06-09-2015, 02:54 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Thanks a LOT man! You cleared up any and every question I had about it. I just got my Tib. Had one a few years ago and loved it, but as the cliche goes, I was young and dumb. Lol about two months ago I got a bone stock 03 GT 5speed that was in need of some serious TLC. Here in about two weeks I'm gonna fix the little bit of rust it has, put a body kit on it, and get her painted. I'm pretty psyched for that. The very next thing on my list was, and now definitely still is the DC Sports catback. I'm thinking while I'm at that I'm gonna grab a high flow cat. The guy who had the car before me must have really put the cat on it through hell. It was gummed up pretty bad. I ran two bottles of Cat cleaner through it and they helped some, but in no way made it brand new. But at the end if the day, I'm honestly just happy to be in a Tiburon again. Lol
post #7 of 98 Old 06-09-2015, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Yeah I to will eventually be investing in a high flow cat. I'm pretty sure magnoflow makes one... at least thats where I'd start looking. I too was in that initial stage of just wanting all the mods. Soon as I bought the Tib I wanted to put a Hana kit on it, but after reading issues with the fitment and looking at just how ridiculous the prices for it were especially with shipping costs to Toronto (as well as after time I began to like the 08's front end more and more) I decided against it. Still may look into the NIA lip kit further down the road but for now any body kit plans are on hold, At least until I get the paint touched up sometime in the future.

post #8 of 98 Old 06-09-2015, 05:43 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Yeah, between the price and the fact that everyone and their grandmas have the Hana I decided to go with something else. I have one of the cheaper Duraflex kits on the way. I've heard their a pain to do, but we'll see. Lol

The Flowmaster 223 is the cat I'll get. It's only like $50-$60 here in the states. But I don't weld, so I fear that's what's gonna get expensive (ish) Lol
post #9 of 98 Old 06-10-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Yeah I've heard that about the Duraflex as well, let me know how you make out with the install. Yeah I was thinking the Flowmaster as well (pretty well same price here in Toronto with
he conversion rate).

post #10 of 98 Old 07-02-2015, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Just wanted to throw out an update that I've been in contact with another member on here and look to be set up to invest in a set of DC Headers for my Tib within the upcoming week (if all goes according to plan), While they may not be getting installed for a little while I will most certainly be posting a pic up of them on here when and if I do end up getting them, fingers crossed. Then the fun will begin with attempting to maneuver around the infamous CEL codes associated with headers on the 07-08s .

post #11 of 98 Old 07-31-2015, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Hello everyone its been a good while since my last update as I've been doing lots of research into going F/I, but reached a milestone recently. I've completed my I/H/E build and bought my DC Spots Headers from from a member on here (BlueSharkV6). A little dirty but they are in fantastic shape and am so looking forward to these babies. They wont be put on anytime in the near future as I need the Tib everyday to get around and can't have it off the road. However, I'm looking to get them installed over the fall and winter and then getting a stage 0-1 supercharger set up along with a lightweight flywheel and stage 2 clutch. Wish me luck getting around the CEL issues with headers on the 07-08.

dominicantibby likes this.

Last edited by Chris Withenshaw; 07-31-2015 at 07:39 PM.
post #12 of 98 Old 07-31-2015, 07:58 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
browningdr
Garage

Very nice! You will love the lw flywheel, and clutch. What brand are you thinking ?
post #13 of 98 Old 07-31-2015, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by browningdr View Post
Very nice! You will love the lw flywheel, and clutch. What brand are you thinking ?
dunno yet haven`t looked into it that deeply yet. From my gathering Fidanza really is the go to with the LW Flywheel, and then as far as stage 2 clutch not sure, haven`t looked into all the companies yet (also not entirely certain on what classifies it as a `stage 2`). Any suggestions?

post #14 of 98 Old 08-01-2015, 12:46 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
browningdr
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Withenshaw View Post
dunno yet haven`t looked into it that deeply yet. From my gathering Fidanza really is the go to with the LW Flywheel, and then as far as stage 2 clutch not sure, haven`t looked into all the companies yet (also not entirely certain on what classifies it as a `stage 2`). Any suggestions?
I picked up a used fidanza flywheel (hy5) and bought a replacement friction surface for it, and no issue at all, install went good. It's WAY lighter then stock.
For the clutch, it seems like spec, and clutchmasters are the way to go. I got a CM fx250, so it's a stage 2.5. I definitely did not go high enough though. CM makes a stage 3.5, which I think I'm going to upgrade to, once I'm boosted also. since your going to be Boosted I Would Recommend A Stage 3 or 4. They are spendy though, almost 600 green backs.
I have no experience with spec clutches, but I haven't heard anything negative.

How the stages work on a clutch, the higher the stage the harder the engagement, and the more clamping force it has. Which means it can handle a higher torque load. That's determined by the friction disk, it's material and the amount of pressure applied via the "fingers" on the spring plate. With a lw rigid flywheel you HAVE To make sure you get a sprung hub clutch. The draw back to a higher performance clutch is chatter in first or second, the "friction zone" is usually smaller, and fast engagement. So bumper to bumper traffic sucks . Slow traffic like that can also affect the clutch life.

No complaints on my fx250, I got used to driving it pretty quick, and I don't think a stage 3 or 4 would really be that much worse, or suffer to bad from traffic, as there are tons of members running them.

Last edited by browningdr; 08-01-2015 at 12:53 AM.
post #15 of 98 Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by browningdr View Post
I picked up a used fidanza flywheel (hy5) and bought a replacement friction surface for it, and no issue at all, install went good. It's WAY lighter then stock.
For the clutch, it seems like spec, and clutchmasters are the way to go. I got a CM fx250, so it's a stage 2.5. I definitely did not go high enough though. CM makes a stage 3.5, which I think I'm going to upgrade to, once I'm boosted also. since your going to be Boosted I Would Recommend A Stage 3 or 4. They are spendy though, almost 600 green backs.
I have no experience with spec clutches, but I haven't heard anything negative.

How the stages work on a clutch, the higher the stage the harder the engagement, and the more clamping force it has. Which means it can handle a higher torque load. That's determined by the friction disk, it's material and the amount of pressure applied via the "fingers" on the spring plate. With a lw rigid flywheel you HAVE To make sure you get a sprung hub clutch. The draw back to a higher performance clutch is chatter in first or second, the "friction zone" is usually smaller, and fast engagement. So bumper to bumper traffic sucks . Slow traffic like that can also affect the clutch life.

No complaints on my fx250, I got used to driving it pretty quick, and I don't think a stage 3 or 4 would really be that much worse, or suffer to bad from traffic, as there are tons of members running them.
Thanks for the suggestions, I've been hearing clutchmasters are good from several local members here and will definay be looking into them some time in the future 👍

post #16 of 98 Old 09-22-2015, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Big update yesterday ladies and gentleman. After going back and forth for months and looking around trying to see what was out there and where I wanted to progress with my build if at all passed I/H/E I eventually gave into my inner urges for more power (thanks alot Brian O'Conner/ Paul Walker R.I.P. and NFSU 1) and went the F/I route. Just starting off with the Stage 0 for now and most likely adding cooling later on to make it an Iced Stage 1 (once more funds are available and my girlfriend wont beat me since I've already bought I/H/E and now this within 3 months) . The kit was Muffasa51's and came with the 70mm NGM Tri-Flow Throttle Body as well and everything was shipped and package great and arrived in awesome shape. Really excited to be putting this and my DC headers on over the winter while the car is off the road!

post #17 of 98 Old 09-22-2015, 03:29 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
mosul210 will become famous soon enough

Very nice, congrats man. Let us know how the install goes and how you enjoy the new upgrades.
post #18 of 98 Old 09-25-2015, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosul210 View Post
Very nice, congrats man. Let us know how the install goes and how you enjoy the new upgrades.
Thanks man, I'm hoping to get the supercharger and the headers in over the winter. Looking forward to what I think will be a pretty noticeable power increase even though it is just a stage 0.

post #19 of 98 Old 10-04-2015, 11:59 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

p1llar is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice progress & nice looking Tib

Since you're also in Canada, where'd you find such a great deal on the DC exhaust?

'05 Tuscani 6 Speed
*Looking for aftermarket parts: Suspension & Exhaust*
post #20 of 98 Old 10-04-2015, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1llar View Post
Very nice progress & nice looking Tib

Since you're also in Canada, where'd you find such a great deal on the DC exhaust?

I was able to pick them up used off a guy from California who had them shipped to Niagara Falls New York. I buy all my stuff used as it saves ridiculous amounts of money and for the most part doesn't matter (a CAI is just a pipe whether its new or used). Also it is so much cheaper to have stuff shipped near a border crossing go over and get it and bring it back yourself and pay tax on whatever receipt amount you give the border agent (sometimes if you're lucky they don't make you pay, but most often they do). international shipping fees are ridiculous to Canada plus taxes and brokerage fees once it crosses the border.

I feel ya with how hard it can be to find these aftermarket parts in Canada. There's a website called tdotperformance.ca that has a pretty good base of aftermarket mods for the Tib, its based out of Canada and doesn't charge customers shipping or brokerage fees on the parts.

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/dc-spo...__store=canada

I'd look around there as its the cheapest place I've been able to find for the stuff like this, also andysautosport.com and rockauto.com can have some really good pick ups as well.

But really in all honesty the best place to find aftermarket parts at a really good price is here on the for sale forums (ex DC Sports headers shipped for $360 CAD and my Stage 0 Sniper set up with a 70mm NGM throttle body with shipping and border taxes for only $2400 CAD). Just gotta stay on top of the new items that go up for sale. Let me know if you've got any other questions
maze1291 likes this.

post #21 of 98 Old 10-04-2015, 03:27 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

p1llar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the reply. I've actually purchased from tdot before and had a good experience. I just purchased my Tiburon last night and it has two cannons welded to the stock piping and it is just way to damn loud, and I'm not overly excited on how it looks. Needless to say I'm replacing the exhaust immediately...
post #22 of 98 Old 10-04-2015, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1llar View Post
Thanks for the reply. I've actually purchased from tdot before and had a good experience. I just purchased my Tiburon last night and it has two cannons welded to the stock piping and it is just way to damn loud, and I'm not overly excited on how it looks. Needless to say I'm replacing the exhaust immediately...
Makes sense having huge mufflers and exhaust tips on a stock exhaust just never sounds good. There are a couple aftermarket cat back systems you could look into or you could just get a cheap set of OEM mufflers and tips and weld em in. FYI I have the DC Sports cat back as well and it doesn't sound too loud at all. Noticeably louder over stock but only really when accelerating, when you're cruising it quiets right down. A really good system for little cabin drone and rasp for the price it costs considering it is much cheaper than an ARK or Borla system but is still really good quality.

post #23 of 98 Old 10-04-2015, 07:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Preston Brinton is an unknown quantity at this point

How much did your supercharger kit cost you?
post #24 of 98 Old 10-04-2015, 08:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Mr.Tibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Withenshaw View Post
Wish me luck getting around the CEL issues with headers on the 07-08.
Haha, I won't bother because you can't. Unless you swap the ECU for an 05-06 version, or a tuned one. But you're way past that now anyway. I really like what you've done with the car though. I'll be going the Stage 0 probably around spring next year, already have the parts. Then it all has to come off again for emissions in 2017, yay.

Also, I guess your car confirms it for me... that there are 2007-2008 models out there with a rear window wiper. I thought they discontinued that after '06, but just saw some pics online of an '07 Tuscani the other day with one. Was that a Canada/Europe/Aus. only thing for those years??

"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 Tuscani GT V6
Injen CAI - headers - custom Borla exhaust - HIDs
BBC = BRING BACK CLARKSON
post #25 of 98 Old 10-04-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Expert

Chris Withenshaw
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston Brinton View Post
How much did your supercharger kit cost you?
I bought it off a member here for $1800 USD (roughly $2400 CAD due to our crappy dolaar exchange rate right now) shipped including the blower, S/C manifold, 3.4" pulley and 70mm NGM TB, but was the right buy especially given shipping included and the NGM 70MM. I've seen them go on here for anything from $1500-$2200 depending on if shipping is included, condition, additional parts etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tibbs View Post
Haha, I won't bother because you can't. Unless you swap the ECU for an 05-06 version, or a tuned one. But you're way past that now anyway. I really like what you've done with the car though. I'll be going the Stage 0 probably around spring next year, already have the parts. Then it all has to come off again for emissions in 2017, yay.

Also, I guess your car confirms it for me... that there are 2007-2008 models out there with a rear window wiper. I thought they discontinued that after '06, but just saw some pics online of an '07 Tuscani the other day with one. Was that a Canada/Europe/Aus. only thing for those years??
I've read a couple things about getting past the CEL issues with the 07-08s, but we will see. My dad is a tech and thinks he'll be able to figure something out. If not then oh well, go to the junk yard and grab a 05-06 ECU for $20 or get it tuned, or just live with the CEL

And thanks I'm happy with how it's coming together. I only planned on doing the CAI this year but everything kinda just came together and got some really killer deals on I/H/E and my Sniper 0 set up with the 70mm TB I just couldn't haha. I will most likely upgrade to a cooled stage 1 at some point and really beyond that probably wont go much further in terms of performance besides a tune. Gonna focus on some small stuff now for awhile (Tuscani T badges, brakes, high rise spoiler, maybe a front lip, got some leather to fix and restore on the interior, custom sub box to make, DC front strut bar, clean/ paint the engine bay, maybe a UR rear sway bar haha we will see). Gotta get it out to the dyno eventually

And yeah I'm not sure never really noticed other 07-08s without the rear wiper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.