post #1 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CoolCow is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Cool Coolcow's Tiburon

I thought it would be interesting to document the stuff I do to my Tib in a thread, so here goes:
***I wanted to add pictures to the "My Garage" Section of the forum but it kept giving me error messages so I gave up**

This is my Tib: a 2008 GTP V6 Automatic with around 11x xxx kilometers on the clock.

So far, I have added a Injen CAI, Apexi N1 Catback exhaust, and some new wheels that differ from what is pictured above. I was thinking about installing headers, but it seems to be more trouble than it's worth, and I am satisfied with the sound of the car right now, although i'm sure I will end up doing something expensive to appease my mod bug later on.

I have also done a front brake job mid winter cause my brakes were worn quite badly.

Once the weather gets a bit better I am going to replace all four struts and mounts, as well as all four sway bar links. I am also going to sand and repaint my calipers with the brake paint kit I bought from Canadian Tire.

Can't wait to get to work!

2008 V6 4 SPD Auto - Mods: Injen CAI, Apexi N1 Catback Exhaust

Last edited by CoolCow; 03-29-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-30-2017, 01:44 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
KelConquer will become famous soon enoughKelConquer will become famous soon enough
Garage
Re: Coolcow's Tiburon

Very nice! Off to a great start with some tasteful upgrades. I bet it sounds great! Looking forward to seeing more in the future.
CoolCow likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Broken things break other things."
post #3 of 10 Old 04-08-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Switched over my tires and wheels today to my summers. I love the look of the wheel with the drilled and slotted rotors!

Im hoping to replace all four struts and paint the calipers this upcoming long weekend, fingers crossed for good weather!

Last edited by CoolCow; 04-09-2017 at 03:08 PM.

post #4 of 10 Old 04-11-2017, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Attempted some minor rust repair today. Hopefully it did more good than bad.

sanded the rusty area down to bare metal as best I could, then applied tremclad anti-rust paint. Once that dries I might add another coat or go over it with some silver paint and then clearcoat.

Charlie-III likes this.

post #5 of 10 Old 04-16-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Changed all four struts, swaybar endlinks, rear brakes, and painted all the calipers. Below are some pictures (front wheel off, front wheel on, rear wheel on):

post #6 of 10 Old 04-17-2017, 09:01 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
A1doz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCow View Post
Changed all four struts, swaybar endlinks, rear brakes, and painted all the calipers. Below are some pictures (front wheel off, front wheel on, rear wheel on):

I love the look of those wheels what are they called? I got the exact rotors and also mine are painted!

CoolCow likes this.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-18-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

@A1doz
I was thinking of painting mine red like you have but ended up settling for satin black. The wheels are DAI Radical ET38's.

post #8 of 10 Old 04-19-2017, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Finally found where the clunking/crunching sound from my Tib has is coming from! Turns out it's the steering rack. Too bad it costs $1000 to replace, I guess I will have to live with the noise for a while. I have been told by my mechanic it's not a safety issue. It was found after I changed my struts and took it for an alignment. Before taking it into the shop the alignment tech. took it for a test drive and told me there was play in the steering system and to come back once I fixed that, as an alignment with steering play is a waste of money, which is odd since neither a relative nor I felt any play. I took it somewhere else for the alignment despite the play, after being told by my mech. that despite the play an alignment can still be done and will hold. I just love conflicting information!

post #9 of 10 Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Moderatin' real hard.

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
GK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud ofGK27V6 has much to be proud of
Garage

Hey CoolCow welcome fellow Ontarian! Car's looking great! BTW, a steering rack can be had for about ~$300 off RockAuto, I bought one there myself. The real issue is the installation time since it's a lot of labour, and could be the reason for the $1000 total.
CoolCow likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 10 Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK27V6 View Post
Hey CoolCow welcome fellow Ontarian! Car's looking great! BTW, a steering rack can be had for about ~$300 off RockAuto, I bought one there myself. The real issue is the installation time since it's a lot of labour, and could be the reason for the $1000 total.
Hello!
The shop was relatively reasonable on on the price for the rack, only around $100 over what is on RA, but the bulk of the cost like you said is labour. They won't warrant the work if I bring my own parts . As much as I would like to DIY, it is too difficult for me to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.