Official Army recruiting/ Military Info thread - Page 3 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #51 of 202 Old 11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IronEddie42
Re: Official Army recruiting/ Military info thread

Great thread ... I was also in the Army ... served 4 years as an airborne infantryman ... got out just before September 11th ... sure sounds like R2R is giving some pretty accurate information ... just thought I would chime in with my fellow service members ... joining the army was definitely the best decision I have made in my entire life ... I got out of high school and didn't know what I was going to do ... joined up ... hated the first couple of months as I got adjusted to the whole life and then, about half-way through basic training, I figured it out and enjoyed the rest of my time.

I actually tried to re-enlist a year or so ago ... re-did everything, physical ... that damn ASVAB test (that I still KILLED ... scored an 89 out of high school and an 86 6 years later) ... then a few weeks before I was set to re-up, my lung started collapsing on a pretty regular basis - ended up having surgury ... instant disqualifier

Anyways ... yeah ... I've said my bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 202 Old 11-26-2006, 05:36 PM
How do you change this?

deez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another leveldeez337 is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Play
That's the AF...they have more strict regulations on that sort of thing. You may be able to get into it in the Army. How bad is your vision?
20/200 in my good eye about 4 years ago and getting worse every day. Plus extreme light sensitive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ARK : NGM : MSR : B&G : Top Speed : Lunati : Pioneer : KRD : Apexi : MTX : SFR : Bosch : MidNight Wolfe
post #53 of 202 Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

03Blk Tib is an unknown quantity at this point

Also for anybody who is kinda thinking about joining but isnt sure that what they want to do dont bother joining. If your not 100% sure that military life is for you dont bother joining becasue you'lle regret it. And if you want to join just to get out of you small town dont do it thats a dumb reason to do it there are other ways to leave you small town. Military life isnt for everyone you'lle other love it or hate it so be 100,000,000% sure thats what you want to do.

AEM Cold Air Intake, Min Kit, and ADR Wheels 18X9.5 In front and 18X8.5 in the Back, In Dash DVD player, Apexi Exhaust, VHR Clutch Kit. <-----Traded it in for a 2007 Acura TSX
post #54 of 202 Old 11-28-2006, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Pete: The Man

Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for your OPINION on the military Voodoo, but it was just that. Based soley on the worst parts of the military, that are common to every day life outside the military as well.

Military Moderator Syndicate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FIRST DUAL SUPERCHARGED HYUNDAI
post #55 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)

bumpin......

post #56 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 09:29 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

michaud_time is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently in the air force, any questions about that you can PM me.

post #57 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 09:42 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Hellsiege is an unknown quantity at this point

Was Army here if anyone has any questions about como jobs. I was 31S sat com for 5 years, signed up for 4 years and got involuntary extended for 9mo and by time they out-processed me it was 5yrs total. I saw on the first page someone saying the military is what you make of it and this is 100% true. Yeah, Korea, Afgan, Iraq are all possibilities but did two tours in Iraq while I was in and it wasn't all that bad.

For the most part it was a 9-5 type job, however like any job their are exceptions to this. Hell one forth of july weekend someone lost a pair of NVG goggles and are unit and half of post got locked down for 3 days this kinda **** just happens though. I would of stayed in and have even tried getting back in now that they lowered the medical requirements, however once medicaly retired it's hard to get back in. Hell how many 26yr olds do you know who have a 1k month retirement check already though? I think like in Korea/Sweeden know their are other countries to, it should be mandatory to do 2yrs. It definately changes you as a person and gives you a whole new outlook on life. Good post ready2play

2003 GT, 6spd
Mods:Injen SRI, badging, tint, euro antenna. FF7 wheels.
4x4 wheelin videos
post #58 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Good stuff man. See, now these real life military examples may actually make people realize what the military is really about rather than what society teaches.

post #59 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 02:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege
Was Army here if anyone has any questions about como jobs. I was 31S sat com for 5 years, signed up for 4 years and got involuntary extended for 9mo and by time they out-processed me it was 5yrs total. I saw on the first page someone saying the military is what you make of it and this is 100% true. Yeah, Korea, Afgan, Iraq are all possibilities but did two tours in Iraq while I was in and it wasn't all that bad.
For the most part it was a 9-5 type job, however like any job their are exceptions to this. Hell one forth of july weekend someone lost a pair of NVG goggles and are unit and half of post got locked down for 3 days this kinda **** just happens though. I would of stayed in and have even tried getting back in now that they lowered the medical requirements, however once medicaly retired it's hard to get back in. Hell how many 26yr olds do you know who have a 1k month retirement check already though? I think like in Korea/Sweeden know their are other countries to, it should be mandatory to do 2yrs. It definately changes you as a person and gives you a whole new outlook on life. Good post ready2play
Both my tours sucked a$$. They cant pay me enough to want to go back.

AEM Cold Air Intake, Min Kit, and ADR Wheels 18X9.5 In front and 18X8.5 in the Back, In Dash DVD player, Apexi Exhaust, VHR Clutch Kit. <-----Traded it in for a 2007 Acura TSX
post #60 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

You win some, you lose some. Just like with ANY job, sometimes things suck. But I'm sure taht you will admit, you had fun times while in the military

post #61 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 02:50 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
You win some, you lose some. Just like with ANY job, sometimes things suck. But I'm sure taht you will admit, you had fun times while in the military
LOL exactly, I mean come on. Putting a camel spider on someones face while sleeping is hilarious. (and yes, I woke up with one their too...) I guess it depends on your unit. I was attached to 10th group SF for both tours and maybe it was just cause SF is a different attitude but we had fun. I would sign up today and commit to 2yrs in Iraq for 0 bonus, just my E5p rank back if they would let me. Having a reinforced knee and back surgery to fix airborne incidents though they won't let me.... Good times and can't say this enough you get out of it what you put into it...

2003 GT, 6spd
4x4 wheelin videos
post #62 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Hey....did you know SGT Eric Diaz? He has been in 10th group for a while

post #63 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 03:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Quote:
Hey....did you know SGT Eric Diaz? He has been in 10th group for a while
Diaz sounds fermilar, but don't remember that first name. I've been out 3 years now though so not sure if he was their at the same time, and ofcourse the 5 signal guys at the time mostly hung out as the real SF guys were "different" lol....

2003 GT, 6spd
4x4 wheelin videos
post #64 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

He is an intel analyst. He may have been there around that time. He got there maybe 2 and a half years ago I think.

post #65 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

IronEddie42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege
you get out of it what you put into it...
That about sums up the entire military experience ...

2003 GT V6 - 6 speed (Silver)
Show: Australian T badges, Clear Corners, Zefiro "Chaos" CF hood, 5k HID highs, 8k HID lows, Ark Shorty Antenna
Go: AEM CAI, GReddy Evo II exhaust, B&M STS, Delrin shifter bushings, Drilled/Slotted rotors (or would those be "stop"?)
Pending: Eclipse AVN6600 Nav/DVD
post #66 of 202 Old 11-29-2006, 03:42 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

JesterTib is an unknown quantity at this point

are there any medical conditions (like specific bone breaks or things of that nature) that will keep you out? How stringent are the medical requirements?
post #67 of 202 Old 12-01-2006, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTib
are there any medical conditions (like specific bone breaks or things of that nature) that will keep you out? How stringent are the medical requirements?

Most basic stuff can be waivered.

post #68 of 202 Old 12-01-2006, 09:31 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTib
As long as you dont have a knee replacement or hip replacement you will be fine.

post #69 of 202 Old 12-01-2006, 10:05 PM

Hootie will become famous soon enough

I've been in the Navy for 18 years. I am also a Career Counselor and have access to plenty of good information, (the detailers won't tell you), about ratings (jobs) and life in the Navy.

PM or email me if interested.
post #70 of 202 Old 12-01-2006, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Woot!!! Navy in the hizouse, lol. My little brother is in the Navy too. He's in Afghanistan right now workin with us Army folk.

post #71 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 11:50 AM

Hootie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Woot!!! Navy in the hizouse, lol. My little brother is in the Navy too. He's in Afghanistan right now workin with us Army folk.
He must be an Individual Augmentee.

What exactly is he doing there? (OPSEC safe)
post #72 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 01:32 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

SharkOutOf Water is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie
I've been in the Navy for 18 years. I am also a Career Counselor and have access to plenty of good information, (the detailers won't tell you), about ratings (jobs) and life in the Navy.

PM or email me if interested.
What's going on fellow cookie cuter? I'm in Norfolk myself been in the canoe club for little over 11 myself

Boats

~* Big Meau *~

post #73 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Yeah, he was sent over there by himself to work with Army high ups. He's a master at arms, so given that and who he's workin with.....you get the idea.

post #74 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
NewTiburon.com God

The Power of Dreams will become famous soon enough

I was a hospital corpsman in the US Navy for 6 years, from '98- to '05. Best time of my life, but had to get out so I could go to college and so forth. Anyway, if you enjoy the medical field, that would be the route you want to go as enlisted into the Navy.

HONDA: The Power of Dreams
2008 Honda Civic Si Taffeta White Sedan
post #75 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Silentbob812 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya know, ive only been in the AF for just over a year and a half, and I seriously couldnt have an easier job. Most of the day is sitting around BSing with my fellow airman and officers... Dont get me wrong, I do have a job, and I get it done efficiently, but as long as you do what you are supposed to do, then you'll have time to sit around and BS. hell some days we go in and do nothing else but BS.... Work starts at 9... lunch from 11-1... and if the day is slow.. then get out just after 3... most days it's closer to 4... All holidays are off, and weekends too. Im a flyer though, so we have it a little easier. The only time ive ever worked a lot is when I deployed to Tyndall AFB (panama city beach FL) and we worked 12 hour shifts, 3 days on, 3 off.. (usually) but that was over summer, and we got to go to the beach and clubs, etc when we were off. Not to mention they payed me 50 bucks a day per diem for it. I was there for 4 months

I always tell people that they would hate if they knew how much I get paid for how much work i do. I have never made a better decision in my life....

(p.s. some places you go, you can go out every night if you want, and the girls love military men. You can (like me) experience the different types of girls across the country.... i personally like the west coast girls the most lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.