Official Army recruiting/ Military Info thread - Page 4 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Pete: The Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)
Re: Official Army recruiting/ Military info thread

I liked the German girls , lol. And they LOVE Americans/ I am working with all AF over here right now. As a matter of fact, I'm at work as we speak, lol. You guys see what I am doing, and still getting the job done

Military Moderator Syndicate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FIRST DUAL SUPERCHARGED HYUNDAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 04:38 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Silentbob812 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Play
I liked the German girls , lol. And they LOVE Americans/ I am working with all AF over here right now. As a matter of fact, I'm at work as we speak, lol. You guys see what I am doing, and still getting the job done
We have army guys in our squadron, and they always talk about how cozy their lives are since they work with the AF. I almost feel bad for how some of the army gets treated, but then again it could just be typical military complaining. I know we have it made. (The living standards are way up. I live in the dorms and have a very large room, and my own full size fridge, microwave, sink, and share a toilet and shower with the guy next door, who luckily is clean.... and our chow halls (dining facilities) are amazingly good. you'd never know it was military food....)
post #78 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
NewTiburon.com God

InkTheFlesh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbob812
We have army guys in our squadron, and they always talk about how cozy their lives are since they work with the AF. I almost feel bad for how some of the army gets treated, but then again it could just be typical military complaining. I know we have it made. (The living standards are way up. I live in the dorms and have a very large room, and my own full size fridge, microwave, sink, and share a toilet and shower with the guy next door, who luckily is clean.... and our chow halls (dining facilities) are amazingly good. you'd never know it was military food....)
When I was stationed in Korea, I lived on an AF base, Osan to be exact, for the year. The living standards were so much better than any Army barracks I had ever been in. Microwave, cable TV, my own bathroom, telephone service, it was GREAT! And don't get me started on the chow hall you AF guys have. Full salad bar, burgers cooked to order, omlette bar, eggs cooked to order. And then someone came and cleaned my dishes up after I was done eating. After that year, I realized I joined the wrong branch lol.

'09 Silverado Crew Cab

post #79 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:22 PM
NewTiburon.com God

billy2642 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in the army as a police officer (MP) Ive deployed twice already so if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. Im not going to say the ilitary is great but im not going to say it completly sucks either
post #80 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:22 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

usagi

Heavily debated posting in here, but I haven't seen many people mention the Marines. I've been in for 4 yrs now. I'm an example of how sometimes, a Marine gets left behind, regardless of his performance. I've excelled in every aspect of the Corps, yet I'm still an E-3 simply because of a series of unfortunate events which had nothing to do with me getting punished (I'm sure some have that in their heads right now). I am a vast minority though. Most people pick up E-4 within 2-3 yrs. I am the "senior" E-3 in my command of about 600 marines and sailors.

Here's my opinion in a broader aspect. As far as quality of life and comfort of the troops; that's not HQMC's (headquarters Marine Corps) first priority... by a long shot. I, personally, live in a barracks full of asbestos from floor to ceiling, not to mention the mold all over the place which we have to bleach every once in a while just to hide it. The A/C doesn't work, and we just got hot water back after 3 weeks of it being out. There's no way in hell that it would pass any inspection if the inspectors didn't work for the USMC.

Before I continue, I'm not trying to discourage anyone joining the armed services. BUT, if you plan on joining the Marine Corps, prepare to deal with some serious BS. I highly recommend going officer to alleviate alot of it. If you are coming in enlisted, remember this: You are never right. No matter how much an officer tells you "no consequences" will come from you telling them about something truly F-ed up that is happening in the Barracks or your shop, he has no clue what happens from NCO down, you WILL be punished, and everyone around you will be punished. Not by official routes, but by fvck fvck games they will play at the barracks. Example: Someone recently mentioned the mold problem in the barracks and that we were forced to bleach it while being denied any kind of protective equipment, like gloves or masks etc. Now we will be cleaning the entire barracks every day by the numbers, plus LOTS of yardwork. Why? Because a Sgt got his a$$ chewed for doing something he knows is wrong. Moral of the story: Keep your mouth shut and suck it up.

The one thing I will miss though, is the comradery (sp?) that you develop with your fellow Marines. Some of the best times are just sittin outside the Brks after a long week, drinking everything in sight and BSing with each other. There are alot of people I've met and places I've gone that I never would have had the chance to if I hadn't enlisted.

I won't be re-enlisting for anything they throw at me, but, conversely, I don't see it as a mistake at all. I've found a direction in life, and founded quite a few freindships. If I were to stay in the military at all, I would cross over into the blue,lol. I've known a couple people in the AF, and I wanted to smak the sh!t out of them just because I was jealous of how well they had it compared to us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AF gets extra pay for substandard living when on a Marine base. I've even heard of them getting hazard pay for it, lol. Plus the fact that AF chicks are hot .

In closing. If there is someone that wants to join the Marines, I won't dissuade you. But I will give you the nitty-gritty of how it can be sometimes. If you decide to join, you will, no doubt, be able to handle pretty much any adverse condition in life by the time you get out.

post #81 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)

I am glad we are getting all aspects and branches in here. THis thread is becoming VERY informative for people.

And yes, AF chics are freakin hawt!!! And they definately have better living conditions and such....but I still choose the Army. I love the comradery as well; Something that extends well beyond the scope of normal friendships made outside of the military life. Some places suck, as forementioned....and some of the leadership try and cover their own a** rather than trying to help their troops. But if you take it with a grain of salt, and drive on, you'll more than likely end up somewhere better along in your career. I was fortunate to make my E-5 in just under 3 years. Sometimes it is harder to make rank, and sometimes it is easier. But all and all, I would not trade my experience in the military for anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #82 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

wierd....I can't see my other post, and it won't go to page three.....let's hope this post works

post #83 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:38 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AF gets extra pay for substandard living when on a Marine base. I've even heard of them getting hazard pay for it, lol. Plus the fact that AF chicks are hot .

You are correct that if your housing is insufficient for AF standards you either A. get paid more, or B. get bumped to officer rooms (I heard of that in only 1 case of a guy on a navy base).

And you gotta watch out for those AF girls. yes there are much better looking girls, but the good ones are ALWAYS taken, and the rest are either ugly, or VERY slutty... (for example this one girl in my squadron got called out for sleeping with 3 guys in the same time frame.... NO ONE talks to her anymore lol....)
post #84 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

But A TON of military chics are slightly slutty, lol. IN AIT (our job training), every single girl got passed around....even the married ones. And half of the REALLY hot ones are the easiest ones to get, lol. I don't know, maybe it's just me or something. But I'll tell you what....If you want to get laid, the military is the place to do it, lol.

Disclaimer: By no means am I implying that joining the military offers a promise of sexual relations, nor am I suggesting this as an incentive for you to join. I am merely stating a statistical fact based on personal experience and experimental studies.

post #85 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 05:56 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Quote:
But A TON of military chics are slightly slutty, lol. IN AIT (our job training), every single girl got passed around....even the married ones. And half of the REALLY hot ones are the easiest ones to get, lol. I don't know, maybe it's just me or something. But I'll tell you what....If you want to get laid, the military is the place to do it, lol.

Disclaimer: By no means am I implying that joining the military offers a promise of sexual relations, nor am I suggesting this as an incentive for you to join. I am merely stating a statistical fact based on personal experience and experimental studies.
lmao, that's funny because it's so true. when i was in school, i was in a leadership position (like an idiot) over the other airmen and i got the hottest of the hot. (women like men with power lol) Our flying school was paired up with the services school. So what does that mean? Hot dumb chicks that can cook!!!
post #86 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I litterally had girls asking me to go to the hotel with them, and they'd even pay.....KNOWING that I was getting married....and they actually ended up attending my wedding too, lol.

post #87 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

I think anyone thinking about joining the military should know something very important....

Sometimes you will get bored. VERY bored. SO bored that you decide to do stupid things and take pictures...

For example...

Oh yes, the BCG's ... hahah!! I found them today and decided to take a picture.
post #88 of 202 Old 12-04-2006, 08:39 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

03Blk Tib is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi
Heavily debated posting in here, but I haven't seen many people mention the Marines. I've been in for 4 yrs now. I'm an example of how sometimes, a Marine gets left behind, regardless of his performance. I've excelled in every aspect of the Corps, yet I'm still an E-3 simply because of a series of unfortunate events which had nothing to do with me getting punished (I'm sure some have that in their heads right now). I am a vast minority though. Most people pick up E-4 within 2-3 yrs. I am the "senior" E-3 in my command of about 600 marines and sailors.

Here's my opinion in a broader aspect. As far as quality of life and comfort of the troops; that's not HQMC's (headquarters Marine Corps) first priority... by a long shot. I, personally, live in a barracks full of asbestos from floor to ceiling, not to mention the mold all over the place which we have to bleach every once in a while just to hide it. The A/C doesn't work, and we just got hot water back after 3 weeks of it being out. There's no way in hell that it would pass any inspection if the inspectors didn't work for the USMC.

Before I continue, I'm not trying to discourage anyone joining the armed services. BUT, if you plan on joining the Marine Corps, prepare to deal with some serious BS. I highly recommend going officer to alleviate alot of it. If you are coming in enlisted, remember this: You are never right. No matter how much an officer tells you "no consequences" will come from you telling them about something truly F-ed up that is happening in the Barracks or your shop, he has no clue what happens from NCO down, you WILL be punished, and everyone around you will be punished. Not by official routes, but by fvck fvck games they will play at the barracks. Example: Someone recently mentioned the mold problem in the barracks and that we were forced to bleach it while being denied any kind of protective equipment, like gloves or masks etc. Now we will be cleaning the entire barracks every day by the numbers, plus LOTS of yardwork. Why? Because a Sgt got his a$$ chewed for doing something he knows is wrong. Moral of the story: Keep your mouth shut and suck it up.

The one thing I will miss though, is the comradery (sp?) that you develop with your fellow Marines. Some of the best times are just sittin outside the Brks after a long week, drinking everything in sight and BSing with each other. There are alot of people I've met and places I've gone that I never would have had the chance to if I hadn't enlisted.

I won't be re-enlisting for anything they throw at me, but, conversely, I don't see it as a mistake at all. I've found a direction in life, and founded quite a few freindships. If I were to stay in the military at all, I would cross over into the blue,lol. I've known a couple people in the AF, and I wanted to smak the sh!t out of them just because I was jealous of how well they had it compared to us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AF gets extra pay for substandard living when on a Marine base. I've even heard of them getting hazard pay for it, lol. Plus the fact that AF chicks are hot .

In closing. If there is someone that wants to join the Marines, I won't dissuade you. But I will give you the nitty-gritty of how it can be sometimes. If you decide to join, you will, no doubt, be able to handle pretty much any adverse condition in life by the time you get out.

So true...its Sad.

AEM Cold Air Intake, Min Kit, and ADR Wheels 18X9.5 In front and 18X8.5 in the Back, In Dash DVD player, Apexi Exhaust, VHR Clutch Kit. <-----Traded it in for a 2007 Acura TSX
post #89 of 202 Old 12-05-2006, 11:16 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Kuroi is a glorious beacon of lightKuroi is a glorious beacon of lightKuroi is a glorious beacon of lightKuroi is a glorious beacon of lightKuroi is a glorious beacon of light

The Air Force gave me a better life and career when i got out then i could have ever hoped for. Serve your country proudly. The benefits afterwards are well worth it. You only need to look for it. People that ***** about having nothing when they leave, expect to be given everything. The world doesn't work that way. BUT the United States does appreciate its service men. You just have to find the venues.

www.military.com is one of the best places to start for those who are out, about to get out, thinking about going in, etc.

Use your resources. Don't wait for someone to make your life better. They wont. You will die. The world will go on. Period.

Quote:
Donít misunderstand me. Iím not saying that the RX-8 R3 handles well for a $32k car. Iím saying it handles better than a $320k car... or, more importantly, whatever youíre driving.-
2005 Shinka Edition RX8 #1098 out of 1357 produced.
post #90 of 202 Old 12-06-2006, 06:26 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

ColdsnowUSMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbob812
ya know, ive only been in the AF for just over a year and a half, and I seriously couldnt have an easier job. Most of the day is sitting around BSing with my fellow airman and officers... Dont get me wrong, I do have a job, and I get it done efficiently, but as long as you do what you are supposed to do, then you'll have time to sit around and BS. hell some days we go in and do nothing else but BS.... Work starts at 9... lunch from 11-1... and if the day is slow.. then get out just after 3... most days it's closer to 4... All holidays are off, and weekends too. Im a flyer though, so we have it a little easier. The only time ive ever worked a lot is when I deployed to Tyndall AFB (panama city beach FL) and we worked 12 hour shifts, 3 days on, 3 off.. (usually) but that was over summer, and we got to go to the beach and clubs, etc when we were off. Not to mention they payed me 50 bucks a day per diem for it. I was there for 4 months

I always tell people that they would hate if they knew how much I get paid for how much work i do. I have never made a better decision in my life....

(p.s. some places you go, you can go out every night if you want, and the girls love military men. You can (like me) experience the different types of girls across the country.... i personally like the west coast girls the most lol)
the military is a good experience. i only speak from a marines point of view, but if you have a family or plan on getting married, dont join. im in SigInt and i still dont get nearly enough time with my wife. we are currently on a 6 months on/ 6 months off deployment rotation (which is actually 7on/5off) during the 5 months we are at home we spend 30 days at CAX and another month doing FEXs. the rest of the time is 12 hour days getting ready to deploy. when we are deployed it's 12 hour days 7 days/ week. the only other bad thing i have to say is if you want to be a marine you need a short memory to deal with all the idiots.

now if you go to the right unit your experience will be much better. i spent over a year at MTU as a marksmanship instructor and that was the best job i could ask for. we only worked when we had to and we were very laid back.

the military will never be as good or as bad as some one tells you it is. if anyone is thinking of joining the marine corps, ask a marine who isnt a recruiter about it. marines like to BS, but its worse when they are recruiters.

Ohio State 12-1
post #91 of 202 Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

usagi

Ahh, barracks fun and building comradery....

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89814
post #92 of 202 Old 12-08-2006, 08:01 AM

scftw is an unknown quantity at this point

Question for R2P or anyone else that may know...

My goal once I'm in the Army is to eventually fly Little Bird gunships with the 160th. However, I was thinking of starting off flying Blackhawks. Do you think I'd have a better chance of getting to fly the Little Birds if I already had experience with an attack helicopter, or does it matter? I know the 160th has an attack Blackhawk, too.

post #93 of 202 Old 12-14-2006, 02:12 PM

imprttuner2 will become famous soon enoughimprttuner2 will become famous soon enough

Hey ReadyToPlay, I was an 96b for 5 years (99-04) What units have you been with? And just to add my two bits on the whold military thing... It aint a bad thing. I went around the world about 3 or 4 times, and my first duty station was Korea where i fell in love with the Tiburon so I got to give it props!
post #94 of 202 Old 12-14-2006, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

scftw.....I am not entirely sure on your situation, as I have never been attached to an aviation unit. I will try and get you some info though. But my thoughts would be, once you can fly, you can fly. Plain and simply. Then it's all about making the moves to get where you actually want to be.

imprttuner2........I was stationed with the 66th MI Grp in Germany, and now I'm attached to Centcom. From here I'll be going to teh JICPAC in Hawaii.

post #95 of 202 Old 12-14-2006, 03:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

GeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really nice

My brother in law was in the Marines before Desert Storm. Wanted to be in the Marines his whole life, got in, became the highest class Marine there is (What is it called? Something like Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3..etc) I'm not sure and pretty much hated it.

I used to want to join the army but I have now changed my mind for a lot of reasons..My friends going into the Rangers, he thinks he's going to become a glorious man; told him he'll probably be the first to die if he goes to war.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings | OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap | GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
post #96 of 202 Old 12-14-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Why would your friend be the first to die? Rangers are high speed yes, but taht doesn't mean that they are the first to go. The news just glorifies the deaths we have seen there and makes them seem overwhelming. The truth of the matter is, a majority of the soldiers die from simple things as they do stateside, such as vehicle accidents.

post #97 of 202 Old 12-15-2006, 06:44 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

GeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really nice

Quote:
Why would your friend be the first to die? Rangers are high speed yes, but taht doesn't mean that they are the first to go. The news just glorifies the deaths we have seen there and makes them seem overwhelming. The truth of the matter is, a majority of the soldiers die from simple things as they do stateside, such as vehicle accidents.
lol, busting his balls I guess.

See its funny because reading this thread, it seems most if not all army personal at one time or still have posted how much they loved their time in service but you have to admit it is not for everyone. I have a problem with being controlled and bossed around (dont we all haha). To bring up my brother-in-law again, he said when he was in basic, there was the people that really loved it and people that really hated it.

My problem with it, you say its just a job, but your basically signing over your life for a certain amount of time, what happens to all those who do such thinking it'll be a good experience, get there..start and realize "Wow, this is going to be the worst years of my life" as what happened to him and many he was in basic with. My friend locally also fled without leave from the military because he hated the control and realized his army experience sucked, he wanted to be a civi. He was arrested and discharged (Step below honorable) .. I figured it was dishonorable but he said it was in between the two but thats another story.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings | OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap | GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
post #98 of 202 Old 12-15-2006, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The discharge you speak of is the "anything but honerable" discharge. Yeah, the military is for some, and not for others. But the JOBS are something anyone can do. That seriously is all they are. There are two sides to life in the military.....day-to-day normal job life, and military-stuff life. Most of the time, you are in the zone of normal job life. Sometimes, you are forced to go to teh side of military stuff. the reason people dislike it is usually because they don't like to make those temporary transitions. The thing is, you sign a contract for A LOT of jobs out there. No different being in the military. If you don't like certain aspects, you suck it up and drive on. You will see, that even those who hated the actual military side of the house that "controlled" them so to speak, actually liked the genreal time and experience they had.

post #99 of 202 Old 12-17-2006, 09:12 AM
NewTiburon.com God

thestereogod

btw www.militaryperformance.com is up and running!

post #100 of 202 Old 12-27-2006, 10:48 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Jyjohn

Hey just got a newbie question.

What are the differences among Marines, Rangers and "simply" infantrymen ?

ACTIVE MEMBER SINCE THE AGE OF 13
Born in Seoul in 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedweed23 View Post
i like this kid...lol....he'll grow up to have a TT supra or something...lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.