Official Army recruiting/ Military Info thread - Page 5 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #101 of 202 Old 12-27-2006, 08:06 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
InkTheFlesh will become famous soon enough
Re: Official Army recruiting/ Military info thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyjohn
Hey just got a newbie question.

What are the differences among Marines, Rangers and "simply" infantrymen ?
Marines are an actual brach of the armed forces, just like the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Rangers are the Army's more hardcore version of infantry. Their missions are a little bit more "special forces" oriented than just a simple Infantry unit.

'09 Silverado Crew Cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 202 Old 12-27-2006, 10:30 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

scftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Official Army recruiting/ Military info thread

I've got a question for any National Guard members in here...

Is it true that the National Guard won't deploy you if you're a full-time student? I remember a recruiter telling me that last year, but haven't found anybody since that can confirm it. I'm extremely eager to get into the military. My original plan was to join the National Guard this year as a junior in high school, let them pay for my college, then go active duty after college. However, I don't want to be two years or however long into college and get deployed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #103 of 202 Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Pete: The Man

Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)
Re: Official Army recruiting/ Military Info thread

Just talking to someone about this, so figured I'd give it a bump.

Military Moderator Syndicate

FIRST DUAL SUPERCHARGED HYUNDAI
post #104 of 202 Old 02-22-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)

bump cause I'm back in action......

post #105 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 12:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

smodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Play View Post
bump cause I'm back in action......

Bump Cuz your not Quite done blowing smoke up ppl's a**es
I did 7yr, 2monthes and 17 days in the NAVY
Paint the pritty pic
Close this OLD thread before I get too mad and go off

Injen SRI, Borla Exhaust, Eibach Pro system w/ swaybars, Mussa front strut bar, DC sports rear, ARK STS, ARK Vent ring & Temp. dial knob, Power folding mirrors, and the new ARK Vertical Doors
post #106 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 12:22 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smodd View Post
Bump Cuz your not Quite done blowing smoke up ppl's a**es
I did 7yr, 2monthes and 17 days in the NAVY
Paint the pritty pic
Close this OLD thread before I get too mad and go off
Go ahead and get mad, who cares. I did 6 in the Army. What's your point? Nobody's blowing smoke.

'09 Silverado Crew Cab
post #107 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

smodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkTheFlesh View Post
Go ahead and get mad, who cares. I did 6 in the Army. What's your point? Nobody's blowing smoke.

Did you happen to read the WHOLE thread?
Anyone can call it peaches & cream
You give up your life for the greater good
I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but everyone should know what they are getting into beforehand

Injen SRI, Borla Exhaust, Eibach Pro system w/ swaybars, Mussa front strut bar, DC sports rear, ARK STS, ARK Vent ring & Temp. dial knob, Power folding mirrors, and the new ARK Vertical Doors
post #108 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 01:07 AM
NewTiburon.com God

And that's what this thread is for. So people can get info on what they might be getting themselves into. Not for someone with a sour taste in their mouth from the NAVY. Like I said, no one's painting a "pritty" picture. So, go ahead and get mad and go off. Please.

'09 Silverado Crew Cab

Last edited by InkTheFlesh; 02-23-2008 at 01:09 AM.
post #109 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

this thread's staying open, and is here for everyone to voice their experiences and knowledge of military life so others can fully understand....no smoke is being blown anywhere....nobody is sugarcoating it. The experience is what you make out of it. Apparently you had a bad one. Some people just aren't made for the military, as is any job. That doesn't mean that this thread could not be useful to someone else, so please take your sour tongue somewhere else.

post #110 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 04:48 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

bluedragon436 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in the AF for a little over 6yrs now, and it has been great...my dad retired from the Army, as well as my Grandmother, my Grandfather retired from the Marines, and I know that my Dad and my Grandfather both have said there were some times that sucked, but overall they would go back and continue to to and do it all over again if they had the chance too... No one said it was all peaches and cream or any other crap like that...and I did read the whole freakin' thread... Pete is a great guy, and he won't BS or blow smoke up anyone's a$$...cause you can see what he would benefit from doing that don't you... Better be careful Pete or he might get upset and stop talking to us.... anyways on to more grown up things....I think it is great that you created a thread about this...
post #111 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

roflmywaffle

I am really looking forward to joining the AF at the end of this summer. I'm re ally torn between what I want to do in service and later in my life though. I love working with my hands and love all the time I've spent working on my own car as well as friends' and family members cars. I'm also a computer geek at heart and think that I would enjoy working in the IT field. I took vocational classes back in high school through cisco and got a CCNA. I think that I am more leaning towards working in networking more, though. Does anyone know the different jobs related to computers and more specifically networking? I don't want to tell a recruiter that I want to work in network infrastructure and end up being just a cable puller or doing some basic monkey level job.

Dyno coming soon! I/H/E + .350 cams & SFR ECU reflash

post #112 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

T06Crush

Always wanted to do basic training to test and challenge myself, not to mention become more strict with a rigorous routine. That's about as far as I ever want to tread into the Military though... Very happy with my current education and career path.
post #113 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

usagi

Just remember that you won't be able to guarantee what job you get. You'll choose a range of jobs (at least in the Marines) . Recruiters WILL blow smoke up you a$$, regardless whether anyone here will or not. Never take what they say at face value. Even when they take you out drinking or whatever, you are nothing but a number to them.
post #114 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

in te marines you can't....but in the other services you CAN choose your jb....yur optons re jut bsed on yor testing score

post #115 of 202 Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

grtwhiteshark05tib is an unknown quantity at this point

16 days and im out of IRAQ!!!! AIRBORNE!!

2005 tiburon i4
Mods: 18" Black rims, Unorthodox overdrive pulley, Injen CAI, APEXI SAFC Neo, Eibach lowering springs 2" drop, HID conversion kit, White LED underbody, Tuscani emblems (outside), CF invader hood
post #116 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 12:45 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Play View Post
in te marines you can't....but in the other services you CAN choose your jb....yur optons re jut bsed on yor testing score
Damn man, you been drinking? lol

'09 Silverado Crew Cab
post #117 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

lol...actually.....yes i have.....that and iw as being attacked by someone of the female persuasion....lmao

post #118 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 01:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

ShadowBlade72 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I'm thinking about joining the Air Force. Any suggestions on how to prepare for boot camp and what exactly to expect from the AF? Like hows life in the AF etc. I dont want to hear this from recruiters because their opinion is biased so I figured I'd come here and ask people with real experience.

I want the good and the bad and everything in between.

Thanks,
-Shadow
post #119 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 03:03 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBlade72 View Post
So I'm thinking about joining the Air Force. Any suggestions on how to prepare for boot camp and what exactly to expect from the AF? Like hows life in the AF etc. I dont want to hear this from recruiters because their opinion is biased so I figured I'd come here and ask people with real experience.

I want the good and the bad and everything in between.

Thanks,
-Shadow
All I know is that everyone I knew in the Marines (me included) that got over the whole "my service is better than yours" crap, wished they would've joined the AF instead of the Marines. Much better standard of living in every aspect. If I'm not mistaken, when you're in the AF and you get based on a Marine installation, you get extra pay because of the lower standard of living. Basically, if you join the Chair Force, you know that no matter how bad you have it, the jarheads got it worse.
post #120 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 09:52 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

ShadowBlade72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi View Post
All I know is that everyone I knew in the Marines (me included) that got over the whole "my service is better than yours" crap, wished they would've joined the AF instead of the Marines. Much better standard of living in every aspect. If I'm not mistaken, when you're in the AF and you get based on a Marine installation, you get extra pay because of the lower standard of living. Basically, if you join the Chair Force, you know that no matter how bad you have it, the jarheads got it worse.
lol wow, thats..... amazing. I didnt know the Marines had it that bad, either that or I didnt know the AF had it that good.
post #121 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Bullett will become famous soon enough

smodd probably got stationed in norfolk thats why he hated the military haha. i was stationed in pearl and i loved every minute of it. i wanted to stay active but my contract is something new. i signed up under national call to service which is 2 years active and 2 years active reserves. i put in the request and had sat down with my commanding office and lpo and wrote up a letter of commendation and sent it to some admiral. the command later got a message from the admiral stating i had to go to my reserve center and get detached from them and then i could come back to active duty. only part that sucked about that was i could only go to norfolk so i said F that. loving the reserve life now. im actually at drill now getting paid to surf the internet all day. and by the way ready2play you better hold it down over there in hawaii. i didnt see a single tib over there with anything done to it. just riced up hondas that usually get stolen anyways
post #122 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Mr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really nice
Garage

-1 month paid leave every year

There's one thing you need to explain about this issue....

You get paid leave, but when you're overseas or far away in the states.

They DO NOT pay for your airfare. I have to spend 1600$ to get a plane ticket home and back.

Pretty much, I'm getting one month leave, w/o the pay.

My pay is about 1700$ a month, so I get paid 100$ for that month woo hoo. Lol

But you might want to be a bit more detailed on that.

Camp Humphreys blows btw. hehe.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 2005 Nissan 350Z Roadster
Built Vortech, E85, 2.87 Pulley @ 17psi 561whp/421ftlb

1993 Nissan 240SX Fastback
VQ35 block, VQ30 heads, TD06-20g Single @ 8psi 395whp/356ftlb 93oct

post #123 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
and by the way ready2play you better hold it down over there in hawaii. i didnt see a single tib over there with anything done to it. just riced up hondas that usually get stolen anyways
You were hangin out in the wrong area. I was based in K-Bay for three years and started the crew down there. There aren't alot of customized tibs but they are around.
post #124 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 03:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Bullett will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi View Post
You were hangin out in the wrong area. I was based in K-Bay for three years and started the crew down there. There aren't alot of customized tibs but they are around.
i usually stayed over in iriquois point (ewa). ive see a few stock tibs but then again i didnt have my tib until i got back to the main land so i wasnt really looking around for hyundai meets.
post #125 of 202 Old 02-24-2008, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Yeah...there are a few tibs here....I know a few of the folks, and some are even on here.....

And about the leave, yeah that's true....but there are certain instances where your ticket can be paid for.....for instance, if you volunteer for another overseas assignment, they'll usually give you and your dependents a free flight home....another is if you are PCSing (changing assignments), and the new assignment can be considered "enroute", they will let you do a long lover in your home of record for your leave, and you won't have to pay.....It's also a matter of when you take your leave. I was in Germany and Qatar, and never paid more than $500 to fly back home.

Another thing you can look t uis doing a military hop.....that's when you fly on a military aircraft that has space available.....it's usually free or dirt cheap (liike you pay for your meal). I did that a couple times too...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.