Official Army recruiting/ Military Info thread - Page 7 - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #151 of 202 Old 04-22-2008, 02:25 AM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
kirbycrain
Re: Official Army recruiting/ Military Info thread

anyone in St. Louis wanna join my best friend is a recruiter here...

PM me if u have questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SFR
<---
--->official valky fanboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 202 Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Pete: The Man

Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
Hello all,

I am currently serving in the US Army. I have been for the past 5 years and have another 5 to go. I am a 25Q (Communications) and work in the S-6 shop. I went to Basic Training in Ft. Benning, GA and then headed towards Ft. Gordon, GA for AIT (Advanced Individual Training). From there I spent 4 years in Darmstadt, Germany serving with 32nd Signal Battalion......
You were in D-Stadt too? Same time I was! I was there from 03-06.....66th MI. I'm sure you must hav e seen my car around....I was on Kelly daily.

Military Moderator Syndicate

FIRST DUAL SUPERCHARGED HYUNDAI
post #153 of 202 Old 04-23-2008, 01:00 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Purgatory is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Play View Post
You were in D-Stadt too? Same time I was! I was there from 03-06.....66th MI. I'm sure you must hav e seen my car around....I was on Kelly daily.
Yea I got there in 03. Dont remember your car really, but at the time I was only drooling over a red BMW M3 that always parked in front of the mail room. But I lived and worked on Kelly Barracks.

Charlie 32nd Signal is what I was.

post #154 of 202 Old 04-23-2008, 01:48 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

jettzypher

wow, more military cats here than i thought...

i dont have too much to tell, which is good cause ive got a training meeting to go to soon.

army, combat medic, 5 years tis, did 2 1/2 as a reservist, was stationed at ft lewis when i went active, deployed 4 months later (12 mo tour), came back, did about 8 months there then pcs'ed to japan where im at now. i worked in the emt (same thign as an er, for those that dont know) when i was at lewis, also was col's driver for the same unit (awesome job, i dont care what anyone says). in japan, started doin out patient care in the clinic but now im the training nco, and dont see any signs of being moved out of this position for awhile. no future military plans...wherever they send me after here is fine by me (am gonna talk to branch and see about goin back to ft lewis though)

("\(O.o)/") rawr!
06 GTV6, Katana, Kumho, Fujita, Magnaflow, Mussa, Clarion, Brembo
post #155 of 202 Old 04-24-2008, 12:07 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Mr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really nice
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
wow, more military cats here than i thought...

i dont have too much to tell, which is good cause ive got a training meeting to go to soon.

army, combat medic, 5 years tis, did 2 1/2 as a reservist, was stationed at ft lewis when i went active, deployed 4 months later (12 mo tour), came back, did about 8 months there then pcs'ed to japan where im at now. i worked in the emt (same thign as an er, for those that dont know) when i was at lewis, also was col's driver for the same unit (awesome job, i dont care what anyone says). in japan, started doin out patient care in the clinic but now im the training nco, and dont see any signs of being moved out of this position for awhile. no future military plans...wherever they send me after here is fine by me (am gonna talk to branch and see about goin back to ft lewis though)
Nice, I work with a bunch of 68W, but man, our medics are cocky, with some serious attitude issues lol. I'm just the mechanic who works on the FLA's.

I'm hoping that when I DEROS here, I get stationed at FT. leonard wood, so I can go back and forth home on the weekends. But if the district manager can't hook me up, then I'm gonna try to get Ft. Lewis which is more of a chance.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 2005 Nissan 350Z Roadster
Built Vortech, E85, 2.87 Pulley @ 17psi 561whp/421ftlb

1993 Nissan 240SX Fastback
VQ35 block, VQ30 heads, TD06-20g Single @ 8psi 395whp/356ftlb 93oct

post #156 of 202 Old 04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Overall Best Non-Tiburon Vehicle 2010

Sand will become famous soon enough

look at these people trying to rack up recruiting money, is it 2k a person for active army too?

-2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
-1993 Mazda RX-7 R1
post #157 of 202 Old 04-24-2008, 07:30 PM
NewTiburon.com God

pedro3131 has a spectacular aura aboutpedro3131 has a spectacular aura aboutpedro3131 has a spectacular aura about

grap is just guard... i think active guys can get 1k for a referal... pete ud have to confirm that though

post #158 of 202 Old 04-24-2008, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Pete: The Man

Ready2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another levelReady2Play is on another level
(Thread Starter)

nope...it's 2k......but only if the referral makes it through all training....and it's taxed like all get out......

I've gotten one $2K bonus so far...well, half of it.... $700...... and that was for my friend back home

Everyone I put in always knows that I will be getting a bonus....but in return, I put myself out there for any help that they want along the way....even if they DON'T join....as I have in here

Military Moderator Syndicate

FIRST DUAL SUPERCHARGED HYUNDAI
post #159 of 202 Old 04-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Overall Best Non-Tiburon Vehicle 2010

Sand will become famous soon enough

im bout to put 2 of my friends in, and 1 im splitting the money with and the other im keeping it all!

-2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
-1993 Mazda RX-7 R1
post #160 of 202 Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Relyt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ready2Play is dead on. I am actually headed to OCS with the Marine Corps for round 2. Round one had me head home to have surgery on my knee.

Anyway great idea for having this online.
post #161 of 202 Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

evilempire is an unknown quantity at this point

a the place i work at
we tend to get lots of shipments to Armed Forces Postal Boxes
does anyone know the abbreviations for shipping?

i.e. we got an address with the abbreviation of AE
post #162 of 202 Old 11-04-2009, 07:18 AM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

railsldr is an unknown quantity at this point

You can find a list online but AE is Iraq not sure on Afghanistan. I'm active duty air force in Iraq right now. Just thought I would add I didnt have a chance to read through every post yet but If you are interested in joining up definitely do your homework on all the different services and dont just take into account the reputations. I am in the Air Force but with my job I am deployed to a Forward Operating Base right now and our 3 man team and another 3 man team of another career field are the only Air Force here among the Army. We do go outside the wire on missions get tons of tactical good training and get shot at and I know people that have had to kill.... so just saying look into everything to make the decision that is best for you and dont just think Navy only goes on ships and Air Force sits behind a desk or flies (only 4% of the Air Force actually flies).
post #163 of 202 Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Retired NT Staff

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Regina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another level

AE= Armed Forces Europe. It's just a tracking code for routing overseas. Iraq and Afghanistan.. And everyother duty area in the middle east fit this category.
post #164 of 202 Old 01-28-2011, 01:18 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Blackbird

While you guys are talking about sending stuff overseas....anyone want to send me anything Snacks....old car mags Anything would be nice LOL

Black Guy + 08' Tiburon GT LTD = KDM Sexiness ^_^
Black Guy - 08' Tiburon GT LTD = Altima Desert Boots
Black Guy - 98' Mustang GT = "Found On Road Dead...."

post #165 of 202 Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
NewTiburon.com God

pedro3131 has a spectacular aura aboutpedro3131 has a spectacular aura aboutpedro3131 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
While you guys are talking about sending stuff overseas....anyone want to send me anything Snacks....old car mags Anything would be nice LOL
Let me know what you guys need I've got a meeting with the students vets association here on campus, we'll hook you guys up

post #166 of 202 Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro3131 View Post
Let me know what you guys need I've got a meeting with the students vets association here on campus, we'll hook you guys up
Bro lol we don't give a damn just send something...we're kinda in the middle of nowhere so yeah....lol I'll PM u our address

post #167 of 202 Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Detroit.Tibby will become famous soon enough

babenhausen Germany here. 1997 to 2000. Processed into Germany through darmstadt. The MPs at CF were the coolest cats in the world. I am still friends with a few. I was Field Artillery. I was slated to go to Lost in the woods for MP school when I was injured. I am 40% right now. I tried to reenlist, but I am a re-up code 4. It would take the president to get me back in.

Now that I can look back, I really enjoyed my time in service. I remember getting my first LES in 94 and seeing that $585 on it and thinking, "I am getting PAID for this?" I couldn't believe it was a real job. With me being FA, i was always in the field. I was on the 4th ID honorguard for 2 years, and I even drove for the Director of Army Staff, LtG John Dubia. It was an amazing time. I would encourage anyone who is curious to do it. It really was a 9-5 (When I wasn't in the field, on a ceremony, or the general didn't have someplace utterly unimportant to go).

If I had it do to over again however, I would have joined the A.F with PJ as my ultimate goal. I attended SFAS in the Army, but didn't make the final cut (28 days of torture wasted). After a year, I decided that my newly-born daughter and my new wife were more important to me than wearing the "De Opresso Lieber" motto. I should have went back.
post #168 of 202 Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

01RD08GT

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who are or have served. I've never been in the military but I work for DFAS supporting Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps finance and material IT systems

2008 Tiburon GT Ltd
Current Mods: Custom single 2.5" catback, Weapon-R Secret intake, K-Spec Center Brace, R1 Concepts Dimpled/Slotted Rotors w/ StopTech Street Performance Pads, Tuscani pedals, badges and steering wheel emblem, DDM 35w/5K HIDs, DDM Yellow LED Fogs, Tuscani Black Diamond Floor Mats
Awaiting Install: DC-Sports CS-1 front strut bar, Raceland Coilovers
post #169 of 202 Old 02-11-2011, 02:39 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RD08GT View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who are or have served. I've never been in the military but I work for DFAS supporting Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps finance and material IT systems
DFAS huh......so ummm how about another pay raise....? LOL

post #170 of 202 Old 04-17-2011, 11:01 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Morbid Tib is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RD08GT View Post
No DFAS.... Thank YOU!

DFAS FTW!

*Just bought: 1.8"Drop springs=AEM CAI =STS=Hotwires=SFR Angel Eyes=8K HID's LOW&FOG= F/L2 Tuscani Emblem Set=Airrock Eyeliners =Red diamond plate floor mats
*Next to buy: Ark DT-S exhaust = TS CF hood
post #171 of 202 Old 08-05-2011, 09:20 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

NinjaMasterMayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Tib View Post
No DFAS.... Thank YOU!

DFAS FTW!
I second that Thank you for sure!!!<------Navy 5 years deep
post #172 of 202 Old 09-12-2011, 07:24 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Mr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really niceMr Otaku is just really nice
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMasterMayne View Post
I second that Thank you for sure!!!<------Navy 5 years deep
Heh, I was in Korea last I posted here @ Camp Humphreys. Now I'm at Fort Hood and I'm about to PCS off to Fort Lewis in December.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 2005 Nissan 350Z Roadster
Built Vortech, E85, 2.87 Pulley @ 17psi 561whp/421ftlb

1993 Nissan 240SX Fastback
VQ35 block, VQ30 heads, TD06-20g Single @ 8psi 395whp/356ftlb 93oct

post #173 of 202 Old 01-28-2012, 10:02 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

GeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really nice

I know this thread is old and has been long time dead, but I am leaving for AF BMT on March 27th. I decided to join last July, ended up losing 75lbs to be eligible, been working my *** off to get into shape .. finished MEPS in November, and currently in DEP just waiting till the ship date.

Still trying to get good at running - I suck at it. (badly) Though, I'm pretty efficient with push-ups and sit-ups.

I'm nervous about BMT, but excited for the future. Looking forward to starting over fresh. I payed off all my debt, except for some student loans, and going into this with a clear head.

Kinda funny reading my post on page 4 from back in 06. I can honestly say my hostility was due to the fact that I was very overweight, and felt I could never make it in the military. And yet here I am, 5 years later, taking a shot at it.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings | OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap | GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
post #174 of 202 Old 01-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Retired NT Staff

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Regina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another levelRegina is on another level

That's good stuff man! Don't be nervous about BMT... It's easier than most people think and they will get you in shape. Just listen and do what you're told. That is 99% of it.

That's all I did, nothing special. At the end of the training the Drill Sergeant asked who the heck I was and if I've been there the whole time. Then told everyone they should have been more like me. haha. It really is just about being quiet unless psoken to and doing everything you're told as quickly as possible. The classes are Barney style so everyone can learn it and pass and the PT will start slow and progress so everyone can keep up and prgress their fitness level.

I honestly think you'll have a good time and good luck!!

And at least you're starting in spring! Won't be freezing your butt off the whole time!

What job are you going to be doing?
post #175 of 202 Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

GeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really niceGeneralPatton is just really nice

I joined in the Mechanics Aptitude Area. All the jobs I hoped for, they didn't wanna give me. So, there are a few I have in mind and will be hoping and praying I get one of them in BMT.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings | OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap | GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.