LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
'03tib
(Thread Starter)
Daytime Running Lights?

I have a 03 tib and I just bought some 05 headlights for it. I have a question with my 03s there are daytime running lights under the high beams and when i looked at the 05 it has a place for daytime running lights lower left and right side of the high beams but there is just a chrome plastic piece(I think) so my question is the chrome piece the bulb or do the 05s not have daytime running lights? Thanks a lot in advance.

'03tib

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jgordon0505
Re: Daytime Running Lights?

There is no DRL at all for Tiburons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4
Mods: Fujita SRI, ARK Shorty Antenna, Red-Outs, Mesh Grille, Red Brake Calipers
Future Mods: Watch Spoiler Fade & Drivers Door Rust

NT Loves Insurance Fraud!.....127k and counting...
#3 Old 03-17-2009, 04:48 PM

'03tib
(Thread Starter)

then what is the small light under the high beam for the 03s?

#4 Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Tuscani922 will become famous soon enough

Lol yes there are drl lights on tibs, the small bulb you are talking about is the DRL, can't speak for the FL lights cuz I own an 04, but I am sure they would have them too, as it is a legal requirement now I think.

QUOTE='03tib;2954739]then what is the small light under the high beam for the 03s?[/QUOTE]
#5 Old 03-17-2009, 04:54 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Sparkle will become famous soon enoughSparkle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgordon0505 View Post
There is no DRL at all for Tiburons.
I believe what he is talking about is the very Dim light that comes on with the parking lights...... Let me try to get you a picture

Mine happened to be burnt out at the time that this picture was taken... but Where that box is, is where the dim light comes on.

Last edited by Sparkle; 03-17-2009 at 05:02 PM.
#6 Old 03-17-2009, 04:57 PM

'03tib
(Thread Starter)

Ya the little light under the high beam. but i just bought a set of 06s and need to know if they have the little bulb too? or if its just a chrome plastic piece. When i look inside the 06s lights i dont see any wires heading to the chrome piece so not sure if its a bulb or not.

#7 Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jgordon0505

If you look under your hood in the fuse box there will be no DRL fuse. The lights you are speaking of are probably the parking lights.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

#8 Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM

INSANE FR3AK is an unknown quantity at this point

The lights you are talking about are called "city lights". They are not concidered day time running lights because you have to turn on the parking lights for them to work. DRLs are on all day and you cant turn them off

2003 GT: injen SRI, Full headerback exhaust, Ark Lightwheight pullys, Ark lowering springs, DC sports front and rear strut bar,rear sway bar, Moog end links, TWM sts,Enki racing rims,drilled and slotted rotors, Seibon TS hood, KDM headlights, 6k HIDs, ARK short anntena + more
#9 Old 03-17-2009, 05:04 PM

'03tib
(Thread Starter)

Alright thanks for correcting me on the naming but can anyone tell me if the 06s have them?

#10 Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Jgordon0505

I believe only the Korean models have the DRL. DRL would come on automatically if they were truely DRL.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

#11 Old 03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
jprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to all

Quote:
as it is a legal requirement now I think
No there is no law requireing DRL, I have an 05 and do not have drl's.

JProphecy for MOD 2012!!!.....Scratch that...2013 Because MORE DESU!!

Last edited by jprophecy; 03-17-2009 at 05:13 PM.
#12 Old 03-17-2009, 05:08 PM
NewTiburon.com Expert

Sparkle will become famous soon enoughSparkle will become famous soon enough

Okay I think we have all established they are not DRL......

Back to the OP...

Sorry I'm not much help..
#13 Old 03-17-2009, 05:08 PM

'03tib
(Thread Starter)

I know now that Tibs dont have DRL but they do have city lights but like i said i have a 03 tib with them and just bought a set of 06 lights(which havent installed yet) and just want to know if they have city lights also? Thanks alot for correcting me on this because didnt know thats what the bulb was called.

#14 Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM

INSANE FR3AK is an unknown quantity at this point

If you dont see wires for them on the headlights that you have then I would think that they dont have them

2003 GT: injen SRI, Full headerback exhaust, Ark Lightwheight pullys, Ark lowering springs, DC sports front and rear strut bar,rear sway bar, Moog end links, TWM sts,Enki racing rims,drilled and slotted rotors, Seibon TS hood, KDM headlights, 6k HIDs, ARK short anntena + more
#15 Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
NewTiburon.com God

jprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to alljprophecy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgordon0505 View Post
I believe only the Korean models have the DRL. DRL would come on automatically if they were truely DRL.
That is correct, True drl's come on all the time even when the light swich is tured to the off possition, they will also have a sensor on the dash that detects lighting conditions to automaticly turn your standard headlights and tail lights on in darker conditions.

Last edited by jprophecy; 03-17-2009 at 05:12 PM.
#16 Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 PM

'03tib
(Thread Starter)

Alright so what I am getting from all of this is that the 05s and 06s dont have city lights then?

#17 Old 03-17-2009, 05:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mindlessrampage will become famous soon enough

Ok to finally answer the question the spot is there for the city lights but no the F/L lights do not generally have city lights you have to wire them up separately. For us 05 and 06's we have to splice into the parking lights to get them to work. No bulb nothing everything will have to be installed if you wnat city lights on the new headlights.

06 Tib SE Moonlit Blue
Performance: Injen SRI, DC Sports Headers, Borla Catback Exhaust, Dynamax High-flow Cat
Exterior: Full Tuscani Badging, 6000k HID's both heads and fogs(wired with Rickna's fog relay), Window Tint (NC legal 35% yay)
Interior: Tuscani Door Sills and Ignition Bezel
#18 Old 03-17-2009, 05:31 PM

'03tib
(Thread Starter)

are the city lights hooked up to the old harness? if so if I just switch the Harnesses could i also transfer the city lights?

Last edited by '03tib; 03-17-2009 at 05:38 PM.
#19 Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
NewTiburon.com God

SEAN can only hope to improve

when I switched to 05 F/L headlights I cut out my city lights in my old G/K headlights and wired them in with the parking lights...just had to drill the silver cap out...it can be done...
#20 Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 PM

'03tib
(Thread Starter)

alright so just drill out the silver piece then just switch the harness or do i need to do rewiring? because Ill let you know I am not the best electrician out there...

#21 Old 03-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Rool : Pron Spammer

hotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another level

The 05/06 headlights should have city lights in them. Derek (glycerine) has an 05 Tib and he has LED city lights. Unless it's a Canadian thing to have the city lights on the 05/06 headlights.

Also, it's not just the Korean cars with DRL, the Canadians have it. The US cars don't.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, R00l made God. Then, God made Earth."

#22 Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotWheelz View Post
The 05/06 headlights should have city lights in them. Derek (glycerine) has an 05 Tib and he has LED city lights. Unless it's a Canadian thing to have the city lights on the 05/06 headlights.

Also, it's not just the Korean cars with DRL, the Canadians have it. The US cars don't.
I have an 05 and dont have city lights in it.

Sorry taken with a camera phone so not a great pic, but as you can see no city lights, just corner lights.

Last edited by jprophecy; 03-17-2009 at 08:51 PM.
#23 Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Rool : Pron Spammer

hotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another levelhotWheelz is on another level

Does that mean the Canadians got city lights and DRL on their 05/06's?

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, R00l made God. Then, God made Earth."

#24 Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Lighting and Accessories

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Diode Dynamics is a glorious beacon of lightDiode Dynamics is a glorious beacon of lightDiode Dynamics is a glorious beacon of lightDiode Dynamics is a glorious beacon of lightDiode Dynamics is a glorious beacon of lightDiode Dynamics is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ No, he modified it, or the previous owner did.

03-04 Tiburons have small 194-size lights to illuminate the high beam space whenever either the parking lights or full headlights are on. PLUG: I sell 194's for $2 or high-power for $8, to replace this bulb and make it pure white and brighter.

Now for whatever reason, 05-06 Tiburons have a spot for this, but it is part of the headlight molding, and is a small plastic bubble, painted like the rest of the headlight a chrome color. It can be drilled out and a light can be inserted.

Personally though, PLUG #2: I would forget the work of drilling out a city light, and instead replace it with a good set of angel eyes, such as Diode Dynamics CCFL. I'd also reccomend replacing 03-04 city lights with these.

07-08 do not have any city lights or "fake" city lights.

DRL's are standard in Korea, and as such there is a spot for the DRL relay in your fuse box from 2003 on. But for whatever reason, they were not incorporated in the U.S. versions, probably one of many changes to make the Tiburon a cheap car. DRL's are simply lights that come on at all times when the car is on. Usually, these are the headlights. Tiburons in the U.S. do not have anything like this.

Paul

NEWTIBURON'S BEST SPONSOR OF 2007 AND 2008
NewTiburon's 2007 AND 2008 Best Overall Member
NewTiburon's 2007 2nd Most Informative Member

(314) 205-3033
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.