How the rep system works and how to stay positive - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
caconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
How the rep system works and how to stay positive

Alright, well I figured there are a few of you out there that actually care about rep points, so I thought I'd give a quick list on ways to go red to green and how exactly the system works..

Your user reputation is presented by little green squares under your avater, just below your post count. Each square represents 100 points. Each time you crossover another 100 points to your total score, another green square will show up. To look at your total point score, who repped you, and any comments users that have repped you, have left, go to the menu at the top of the page and click on User CP.

In case your wondering, trying to cheat the system isn't easy. You can only receive rep points from users who have good rep, meaning don't try to get your friends to create an account and give you good rep. This is against the rules and WILL NOT COUNT. The more rep that someone has the more they hand out.
Ex. If a Mod or admin ( all moderators and admins automatically receive the most rep points simply for their position in this forum(wanted to note, I wrote this before becoming a mod, so I wasnt trying to float my own boat) ) reps you, you will receive a crap ton of rep points . This works vise versa. If they neg. rep you, this will subtract a crap ton of points. This vs some average joe with one or two green squares of rep, posi. reps you, you will receive points but not as much. If you want to get a lot of points, either impress the BIG guys of the forum, or make a sh*t ton of little guys happy. Here is a link to how the points work:http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115764 or simply follow this chart

Either way you gotta earn it. Here's the list to get on the good side :

1.) Posting relevant USEFUL, ON TOPIC, information in a thread. The more useful, the better. I can't stress this enough. NT is constantly being cluttered up with dumb posts and people flaming for those stupid posts ( I too am at fault for this sometimes ). If you want to please members, stay on topic and answer questions in a nice manner with the correct information. Plus, if done correctly, you can metaphorically slap someone in the face who posted faulty information, especially if you do it in a nice way

2.) Avoid dumb interweb fights. This is one of the number one ways to get yourself neg. reputation, if not also banned. It's the internet. If your getting offended by what someone is saying
A. Report rude posts to a mod or admin
B. DO NOT post in retaliation. You are only fueling the fire.
C. Try to refrain from getting offended. It's the internet for God's sake.

3.) Post very funny, non-hurtful, pictures or jokes that will ensure a laugh or two for all members. It's nice to read a few funny stories or see funny pictures. Just make sure it's clean and isn't offensive.

4.) In relation to guideline #1, If a newb asks an over-asked, dumb question. Simply post a kind remark on letting them know they need to search before they post, and if they do not know how how, there is a very helpful guide in the newbie section thanks to Takahashi240. While at it, you might as well answer the question the newb asked, just to be nice.

5.) DO NOT post threads
A.) with over-asked questions
B.) pointless statements
C.) without searching first
D.) In the wrong section
E.) With rude or vulgar attitudes toward another member
F.) DO NOT post ideas that are irrational, senseless, or pointless, unless you are talking in a hypothetical sense. NT members hate things that are not realistic.
Doing any of these will also ensure negative reputation.

6.) If you are creative and know how to create cool pictures, offer to make free signatures for people who want them. This is an excellent way of getting positive rep. It lets other members know you kind enough to put your time and effort into something for them.

7.) Making useful DIY guides. Creating guides that are creative and full of pictures and info are also an excellent way to receive posi rep.

8.) Make sure you know what your talking about in your thread and that you express it in a smart way. aka with correct grammar and factual statements.

So there you go. Many of you may say rep doesn't matter, and to an extent, you are correct, but having good reputation on this forum will benefit you. Reputation can come into play when selling or buying items. If you have good rep, members will see you as more trustworthy and feel more comfortable to do business with you.

Well there you guys go. Read it and keep it in mind. Hope this helps anyone who is wondering.

P.S. thank you all for the revision of this post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caconman424
I search my user-name for threads that I havent replied to, just to see who is talking about me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JP for President 2012!!

Last edited by caconman424; 06-24-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:08 AM
<3 Pebbles was here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How the rep system works and how to stay positive

Lol wow sir cannon you have a lot of time on your hands...haha nice write-up.

Heres what affects how much rep you can give:
Time you've been a member
Post count
Rep score

Mods get 50 points per click though.

Who needs rep anyway? lol

Order your NEW TIBURON SHIRTS

Last edited by mazziod; 03-24-2010 at 01:10 AM.
post #3 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

caconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud ofcaconman424 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazziod View Post
Lol wow sir cannon you have a lot of time on your hands...haha nice write-up.

Heres what effects how much rep you can give:
Time you've been a member
Post count
Rep score

Who needs rep anyway? lol
lol tell me about it. I have no life

thank you sir ill add that on the list

Quote:
I search my user-name for threads that I havent replied to, just to see who is talking about me
JP for President 2012!!

post #4 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Hater With No Friends

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Takahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another level

Yeah... JD is a great example of this. That's why he was banned, right?

Also, here are the numbers for your rep system... which is a sticky.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115764

I don't vote sticky on this, because there are few rules to rep. You just can't get in a rep gang to rep each other and gang up to neg others (from personal experience and -999999 rep resulting) as well as a few other points. Other than that, you can posi- and neg-rep people all you want for mostly any reason.

Mr Köppen is so like the fat woman full of vitality. ! !
post #5 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Banned

Brody57 will become famous soon enoughBrody57 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03redTuscani View Post

I don't vote sticky on this, because there are few rules to rep. You just can't get in a rep gang to rep each other and gang up to neg others (from personal experience and -999999 rep resulting) as well as a few other points. Other than that, you can posi- and neg-rep people all you want for mostly any reason.
agreed....i cant stand all the JD e-penis suckers.......they can all go to hell lol
post #6 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 AM
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
brooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud ofbrooni23 has much to be proud of

Making useful diy's usually gets that green

post #7 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Hater With No Friends

Takahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another levelTakahashi240 is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazziod View Post
Not true. Mod rep is based off the same system as us. If they have more rep points, they will give more than 50, less will be less than 50. Admins are a different story. Admins rep has a minimum of 50, regardless of rep. Richard just sets moderator rep to the base admin rep, then it can fluctuate from there. Admins also have the ability to edit your amount of rep... ask Promo.

post #8 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03redTuscani View Post

There is a reason why I said "are viewed as" I think JD wasn't all that funny. Everyone else besides you and me and a few others think otherwise.

Thank you. ill add that on too.

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!
post #9 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
krazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond repute

It is also best to not argue, unless you are 100% sure you are right with people with a lot of rep.

some people will neg rep for stupidity, so be smart.

There are groups around NT as well. Piss off one, they will all not like you.

2008 toyota prius-Intake, exhaust, lambo doors, leds, spoiler, and more
post #10 of 196 Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 AM
<3 Pebbles was here

mazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of lightmazziod is a glorious beacon of light

Did I say mod? lol woops admin***

heres the ol' gif

Order your NEW TIBURON SHIRTS
post #11 of 196 Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 PM
NewTiburon.com God

TuscaniGTFL has a spectacular aura aboutTuscaniGTFL has a spectacular aura about

so how do the squares work? like how many points do you need to gain a square? i see some people with like 8 squares and I only have 1 so just wondering.

The old Tib, 03 GT 6-speed (we all know the clutch problems that had lol)

On the lookout for a new tib...maybe...
post #12 of 196 Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Hater With No Friends

Dark green: First one 1-99, every one after, X00-X99. Light Green gains one for every 200 more.

post #13 of 196 Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

sunburstyellowV6

this has been a very useful thread since Im a newb to the forum and was wondering about the rep and how it worked thnks for the info
post #14 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
krazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond reputekrazymikeyXJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburstyellowV6 View Post
this has been a very useful thread since Im a newb to the forum and was wondering about the rep and how it worked thnks for the info
you now have green. enjoy me being nice

2008 toyota prius-Intake, exhaust, lambo doors, leds, spoiler, and more
post #15 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 AM
NewTiburon.com God

TuscaniGTFL has a spectacular aura aboutTuscaniGTFL has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takahashi240 View Post
Dark green: First one 1-99, every one after, X00-X99. Light Green gains one for every 200 more.
thanks i got it now lol

The old Tib, 03 GT 6-speed (we all know the clutch problems that had lol)

On the lookout for a new tib...maybe...
post #16 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com God

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazymikeyXJ View Post
holy **** either earth just froze over or Ellen DeGeneres just became straight because you know those are more likely than mikey giving good rep lol

Quote:
JP for President 2012!!
post #17 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Hater With No Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonman424 View Post
holy **** either earth just froze over or Ellen DeGeneres just became straight because you know those are more likely than mikey giving good rep lol
Mikey gives good rep, but not for nothing. I too am shocked, like a baby sticking a fork in an electrical socket.

post #18 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 02:30 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

STRICK9 will become famous soon enough

If you want to stay in the green, don't say anything good about the Tiburon. I'm eternally in the red for telling someone not to listen to Tib haters and buy whatever would make them happy since they would be the one driving it. It seems there is a "group" of haters on this site and they all hit me up with neg rep. I now expect more negative rep just for posting this haha go ahead guys knock yourselves out.
post #19 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 AM
Luke: NT's Skywalker

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
GeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another level
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRICK9 View Post
If you want to stay in the green, don't say anything good about the Tiburon. I'm eternally in the red for telling someone not to listen to Tib haters and buy whatever would make them happy since they would be the one driving it. It seems there is a "group" of haters on this site and they all hit me up with neg rep. I now expect more negative rep just for posting this haha go ahead guys knock yourselves out.
Now you're in the green

2011 4.6L Titanium Hyundai Genesis(TOTALED)
2015 2.5l Fully Loaded Ice Silver Subaru Legacy
post #20 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Hater With No Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalduke View Post
Now you're in the green
I'm tempted to see if I can get him back down to red, just because. lol

I won't, but if he has less than 40 rep, that means I would have if I chose to neg him.

post #21 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 AM
Luke: NT's Skywalker

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
GeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another levelGeneralDuke is on another level
Garage

Quote:
I'm tempted to see if I can get him back down to red, just because. lol

I won't, but if he has less than 40 rep, that means I would have if I chose to neg him.
I knew if anyone were to think about doing that, it would be you, lol.

2011 4.6L Titanium Hyundai Genesis(TOTALED)
2015 2.5l Fully Loaded Ice Silver Subaru Legacy
post #22 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

sunburstyellowV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazymikeyXJ View Post
thanks mike I returned the favor
post #23 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Hater With No Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalduke View Post
I knew if anyone were to think about doing that, it would be you, lol.
Haha, I've learned my lesson about abusing the rep system. I've had my rep reset to 0 a couple times, I think. Oh, and I was at -999999 before. That was an interesting time. lol

post #24 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 03:16 AM
NewTiburon.com God

FuelMJ is a splendid one to beholdFuelMJ is a splendid one to beholdFuelMJ is a splendid one to beholdFuelMJ is a splendid one to beholdFuelMJ is a splendid one to beholdFuelMJ is a splendid one to beholdFuelMJ is a splendid one to behold
Garage

Quote:
Haha, I've learned my lesson about abusing the rep system. I've had my rep reset to 0 a couple times, I think. Oh, and I was at -999999 before. That was an interesting time. lol
And I don't think you want your rep to be reset back to 0, especially where you are at now haha.
post #25 of 196 Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Hater With No Friends

Haha, you got that right, Mike! I was surfing to the East of Cinnabar Island and a wild Missingno. appeared. It turns out my rep was my sixth item.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.