Question: 03 Tiburon Headlight (Amber lens removal and painted housing) - New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LandShark2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Question: 03 Tiburon Headlight (Amber lens removal and painted housing)

Hello fellow Tiburon owners! I have an 03 Tiburon, and bought aftermarket black taillights. I am interested in putting the halo rings into my headlights, and removing the amber lens. But what I am curious about is, if I paint the inside of the headlights housing with black paint to match the taillights, am I running a risk of it catching fire or making my headlights not work because of the housing not being silvery and reflective anymore?

Any tips, or personal stories on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Professional

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
ontariotibv6 will become famous soon enough
Re: Question: 03 Tiburon Headlight (Amber lens removal and painted housing)

It will not catch fire because of the color lol. other members have painted the bezels and the reflective part of the signal black and it looks and works fine! What about just clar cornering it? I bet it would look better; it'll tie in ur rims and polished lip on ur rims ind the chrome parts on the tails...
G/L

I like your rims, and looks like ur tib is sittin' pretty low BTW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Tib Tuscani: AEM CAI, Injen SES, Megan SS coils, Poly MM, B&M STS, TWM bushings, RRM strutbar, Clutch Slave Mod, Black RR eyelines, 6K HID, Pioneer->MTX->JL10".
post #3 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 04:11 PM
NewTiburon.com God

dj_lujan will become famous soon enoughdj_lujan will become famous soon enough

Just paint the housing, stay away from the silver reflectors.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wrong Fitment crew #1671

post #4 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark2003 View Post
Hello fellow Tiburon owners! I have an 03 Tiburon, and bought aftermarket black taillights. I am interested in putting the halo rings into my headlights, and removing the amber lens. But what I am curious about is, if I paint the inside of the headlights housing with black paint to match the taillights, am I running a risk of it catching fire or making my headlights not work because of the housing not being silvery and reflective anymore?

Any tips, or personal stories on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
It's fine to paint the bezels black. Here is a photo of my Tib with the bezels painted with semi-gloss black.

When painting them, just be sure to use high-temperature paint or the paint will begin to peal off after a while (it happened to me. =P) I used Home Depot's Ultra High Temperature BBQ paint and it's been good since then.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #5 of 19 Old 05-05-2011, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

LandShark2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariotibv6 View Post
It will not catch fire because of the color lol. other members have painted the bezels and the reflective part of the signal black and it looks and works fine! What about just clar cornering it? I bet it would look better; it'll tie in ur rims and polished lip on ur rims ind the chrome parts on the tails...
G/L

I like your rims, and looks like ur tib is sittin' pretty low BTW.
I wasn't worried about it catching fire because of the color, I was worried that the heat off the headlights might make the spray paint catch fire lol. =P

Thanks for the reply's and the pic, I really like your suggestions, and I think you guys are right. I will update with pics if I do this soon!

Last edited by LandShark2003; 05-05-2011 at 01:15 AM.
post #6 of 19 Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

carvalho3 is an unknown quantity at this point

im thinking about doing the same thing too. i just dont know how to go about it.
post #7 of 19 Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Razz is a glorious beacon of lightRazz is a glorious beacon of lightRazz is a glorious beacon of lightRazz is a glorious beacon of lightRazz is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvalho3 View Post
im thinking about doing the same thing too. i just dont know how to go about it.
Follow the video here, i did it and they came out great.

DIY Clear Corner

2003 6-speed NGM Sniper Stage 0 Tiburon SOLD
2007 5-speed WRX TR Current
post #8 of 19 Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

twyliteknight is an unknown quantity at this point

I created my own halos using angled led stips and i painted my bezels black as well while i was in there and its fine i used high heat paint just in case though and removed the amber reflectors I think it looks great I also did an outline on the eyelids and i painted the strips lightly with tint paint so that they are not noticable when they are off
Attached Images

post #9 of 19 Old 10-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Coegi vos via~

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
optimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another leveloptimummind is on another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by twyliteknight View Post
I created my own halos using angled led stips and i painted my bezels black as well while i was in there and its fine i used high heat paint just in case though and removed the amber reflectors I think it looks great I also did an outline on the eyelids and i painted the strips lightly with tint paint so that they are not noticable when they are off
haha, that looks so feminine.

=멤버프로파일:

=Album:

++++++++++
++++++++++
post #10 of 19 Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

drogulus is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the chrome rings on mine a metallic red. Goes well with black euro tail lights like OP's. Doesn't affect the lighting at all.

post #11 of 19 Old 10-21-2011, 05:27 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Desert_Sage has a spectacular aura aboutDesert_Sage has a spectacular aura about

paint the housing a nice flat black aka matte black. you can paint the silver rings too. just dont paint the projector lens or the inside reflector of the highbeams or you'll affect your light output at night. here's what matte black looks like:

here's my custom leds in the headlights:

SOLD - It was a great 7 years NT!
post #12 of 19 Old 01-09-2017, 11:04 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

PrestonDansby is an unknown quantity at this point
Im looking for a new pair of headlights including the whole housing and everything. I have HID headlights in my car rn for low beams and its fogged my whole housing up. My high beams are the yellowish headlights. I have an 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Coupe. Does anyone have any idea where i could buy some nice new ones?
post #13 of 19 Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Still the same me...

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonDansby View Post
Im looking for a new pair of headlights including the whole housing and everything. I have HID headlights in my car rn for low beams and its fogged my whole housing up. My high beams are the yellowish headlights. I have an 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Coupe. Does anyone have any idea where i could buy some nice new ones?
Look online at Rock Auto, use their discount code in this sites vendor section.

Wifes car: 2004 Tib GT, 2.7L, 5MT, 193K miles, medium blue, basically stock.
My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

"life is lived, one corner at a time".

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #14 of 19 Old 01-10-2017, 08:28 AM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Thr3bx is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
just in case he still needed the answer 5 years later?
post #15 of 19 Old 01-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Still the same me...

Charlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud ofCharlie-III has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Question: 03 Tiburon Headlight (Amber lens removal and painted housing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3bx View Post
just in case he still needed the answer 5 years later?
Ummmm......someone else bumped it last night (5 years later, but with a new question) so I replied to that.
Or, did you miss that part?

/sarcasm

My car: 1998 Legacy GT wagon, 2.5L, 5MT, 176K miles, "Quicksilver", not stock and not slow...

Best NT.com '13 New-Comer, NT.com '13 Technical Advise & Info (runner-up), NT.com '13 Non-Tib (3rd) .
post #16 of 19 Old 01-10-2017, 04:51 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Thr3bx is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ummmm......someone else bumped it last night (5 years later, but with a new question) so I replied to that.
Or, did you miss that part?

/sarcasm

I swear I looked like 8 times to verify before being a douche. This is why I need coffee in the mornings.

Alternatively, you can bake it, take it apart, clean it up and re-seal it. Add some extra of that rubber gasket goop when you re-assemble, just be careful, because it gets everywhere.

Last edited by Thr3bx; 01-10-2017 at 04:54 PM.
post #17 of 19 Old 01-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Still the same me...

Thumbs up Re: Question: 03 Tiburon Headlight (Amber lens removal and painted housing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3bx View Post
I swear I looked like 8 times to verify before being a douche. This is why I need coffee in the mornings.
LOL....... I figured..... thus my "/sarcasm"

post #18 of 19 Old 01-11-2017, 06:12 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

PrestonDansby is an unknown quantity at this point
Im looking for a new pair of headlights including the whole housing and everything. I have HID headlights in my car rn for low beams and its fogged my whole housing up. My high beams are the yellowish headlights. I have an 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Coupe. Does anyone have any idea where i could buy some nice new after market ones?
post #19 of 19 Old 01-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Still the same me...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Im looking for a new pair of headlights including the whole housing and everything. I have HID headlights in my car rn for low beams and its fogged my whole housing up. My high beams are the yellowish headlights. I have an 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Coupe. Does anyone have any idea where i could buy some nice new after market ones?
Look at RockAuto, like I stated before. This would be for stock headlights, not sure who supplies a different version. DEPO usually does a god job for a decent price, RA usually has them.
Otherwise, dealer, but that would likely cost more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.