Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Country boy needing help with an 04 Shark

908 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ShadowMaster55 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Ok, first things first, I'm a country boy thats lived mainly in the midwest but been stationed (navy) on the east coast for the past 4 years, I am tryin to get my 04 2.7L V6 GT Limited Edition 6spd manual up to par before I get out in 10 months (****ing PTS) and parts in the VA area are either non-existent or the people that have the parts want to treat em like they belong to a ****ing Ferrari for prices. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yea... Right now I am mainly focusing on the Transmission, Exhaust (Number 1 upper cat is dead, so number 2 upper and lower cats pick up the extra ehaust... kills gas mileage ><), Suspension (all stock, pulls to the right), the hatch locks and inside driver door lock not working properly (outside driver door lock and passenger door locks will engage, but not inside driver)

Once again, any and all help would be greatly appreciated, she is 100% stock with 90K+ on her, had her since 09, don't wanna be forced to give her up when I get out.

Thanks for any help in advance.

#2 ·
Well just buy my 05 when I come to VA...lol....Naw....but it would help as far as saying what exactly you're looking for? Transmission can mean a wide range of things, exhaust as well. Are you looking for specific parts? Just a cat for your exhaust? etc.

#3 ·
i got one dead upper cat-back, so i'm wanting to just cut em off, but I was wondering if there were any good straight exhausts out there. also, i think i might need a new fly wheel and cluch kit, it lurches everytime I take off and its killin my back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.