#1 Old 04-21-2012, 05:02 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lukey B is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Some questions.

Hi all,
I just picked up my new (2003) Tiburon today! I am so excited. It is a stick, my last one was an automatic. I have not driven a stick in years, but didn't stall once during the test drive! So, i saved face there. There are a couple small issues with the car. The issues with this one are the same as i had before I sold my old one.

1. Passenger side window does not operate. I looked through the forums and seems like a motor issue.

2. The Air Condition switch does not illuminate. The fan blows air, but the AC does not. Funny enough the Ad said "AC blows ice cold."

3. AC Needs recharged as well.

The dealer took a few hundred off the price for this, so i walked out paying $6300 for an 03 with only 67,000 miles! If anyone has any checks i can do, or simple fixes, please let me know. By profession, I work with electronics and wiring. I am technician in my field, so I can follow more advanced troubleshooting! Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2012, 06:15 PM
NewTiburon.com Novice

Jake4121 will become famous soon enough
Re: Some questions.

Welcome, have fun with your new tiburon, as for your window buy the motor on ebay. Shouldnt be that much. Good luck with the tiburon.
#3 Old 04-21-2012, 07:07 PM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
PRtibby is just really nicePRtibby is just really nicePRtibby is just really nice

Welcome to NT...there quit a few diy that can come in handy for you in the diy section

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Original Owner of 03 tib (6speed)
** 2013 Car of the Month - Sept – Best Red Tiburon **
Member profile:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4 Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 AM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

(Thread Starter)

Thank you! I look forward to getting some work done on this!
#5 Old 04-22-2012, 02:26 AM
NewTiburon.com Expert

eternistarr will become famous soon enougheternistarr will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the site! Window motors are pretty easy to do, and just a thought but check your fuses if the ac light doesn't light and the ac doesn't work would seem to me these could be related granted I don't know much about how the cars electrical system is setup.

~Katana~
#6 Old 04-22-2012, 09:22 AM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tibutrauma has a spectacular aura aboutTibutrauma has a spectacular aura aboutTibutrauma has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forums man, for the AC check the fuses and see if you hear the AC comp. kick on when you press the AC button.
#7 Old 04-22-2012, 03:06 PM
NewTiburon.com Rookie

(Thread Starter)

The light for the AC only illuminates when it is in position 3. it blows cold, but not as cold as I would expect.

I can hear the window "click" when I press the button. Is this a good indication of a motor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.