LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lanebrian8210 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Need some advice

Hey everyone I'm fairly new the tib community. My friend got me into so I recently bought a regetta blue 2007 hyundai tiburon gt with 42000 miles on it. So ive done alot of research and I'm stuck on how I should lower my tib. Should I get a whole a coilover set? Or can I just get lowering springs and see if my gt struts can handle going lower? Also need any suggestions for any exterior mods that are fairly cheap and or interior mods. Okay here's my serious problem. I got a muffler and resonator delete and the exhaust sounded so nice and it growled. I took a long road trip and two days later my exhaust was alot more quiet then it sounded the first two days I got the deletes. I checked the backpressure of my cats but they were fine, I had an exhaust shop check my whole exhaust system and they said everything is perfect, they are stumped on why its gotten quieter. I was thinking maybe packing material got clogged in there and when it gets hot its expanding and cutting off sound and airflow..or maybe something is wrong with airflow from my air intake. I'm just really stuck , any help and advice is greatly appreciated, thanks a bunch.
Mods: new wheels, debadged and got new badges. Painted gt spoiler, resonator and muffler delete. Other than that, all stock lol
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 09:28 AM
NewTiburon.com Post Master

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
dmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to beholddmdicks is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need some advice

So just to clarify you removed both rear mufflers and the midpipe resonator and your complaining its too quite? LMAO. May want to get your hearing levels checked. lol

If you haven't noticed any power loss when it got quieter then I highly doubt anything is blocked or clogged.

Have you done a tune up lately or used different gas? The quality of the fuel can impact how an engine sounds, other than that maybe the ECU adjusted its tune slightly over time?

And as long as you don't go really low the stock struts can handle lowering springs just fine. Don't go beyond a 1.5" drop though as you'll bottom out the strut if you do and most likely blow them.

Huffin E85 and lovin every minute of it!!

Hit me up on gmail chat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 04:16 PM
NewTiburon.com God

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
KelConquer will become famous soon enoughKelConquer will become famous soon enough
Garage

Hey there, and welcome! Congrats on your new low mileage Tiburon, it looks nice already, I like the white rims and Tuscani badges. Does your friend have a Tiburon as well?

Between coilovers and springs, the choice is yours. The major difference is price and quality of course, but when properly doing springs it can cost nearly what a set of nice coilovers would. Most common options include cheaping out for Racelands (around $450), saving up for quality coilovers (around $800) or getting a nice set of springs and new struts to mount them on (springs ~$200, & struts around $80ea for a total around $550). It would be a good idea to put those springs on brand new struts, not your current ones, because the different spring rates will wear the struts down quicker (if the struts already have 40k you wont last long with them lowered). Really the choice is yours what you decide. Personally I'm going for springs and struts when the time is right for mine.

For exterior and interior mods, take a look through the member profiles here and other various threads where members have posted their interiors, etc. When I first joined here I was able to empty my wallet pretty quickly just by looking at what others have done.

Concerning the exhaust, are you sure your windows weren't down the first day or something like that? Seems real odd that such an open exhaust would become quieter. The only thing I can think of that would cause that is a clogged cat, and you would have performance issues, a strong smell and even a potential CEL if that were the case.

Anyways, welcome again, and good luck with your Tiburon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Broken things break other things."

post #4 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
NewTiburon.com Newbie

Lanebrian8210 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
@dmdicks yeah its quieter. Like I said, even the exhaust shop peeps could tell a significant difference in sound and I hat the cats checked, they are perfectly fine. But Thank you for the info guys!
post #5 of 5 Old 04-20-2017, 10:17 PM
NewTiburon.com Newbie

JTC3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

I went with Raceland coils and it definitely did the trick for me. Really good price and reasonable ride quality.

Custom Signature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Tiburon Forum : Hyundai Tiburon Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.