Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

New owner here!

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  UnfitAlbatross8 
#1 ·
Hey all! I bought a 2004 Tiburon 2 weeks ago. It has 155,000 miles on it and I brought it home for $1600 dollars. http://m.imgur.com/gallery/gprgwYR

Coming from a 1998 Accent it is a great improvement. The previous owner took great care of the car and provided me with a set of summer tires and wheels with a second set of winter tires and wheels.

My mechanic looked through it with a fine tooth comb and said everything is in great condition. There's just one thing I need to get used to, it is so much faster than the Accent, driving down the interstate on my way to work I definitely need to keep an eye on my speedometer, 80 feels like my old car's 55 for some reason.

This is definitely the best car I've ever owned!

#2 ·
Nice man!

Welcome to the community, be sure to read up in the Newbie subforum.

#7 ·
Hey all! I bought a 2004 Tiburon 2 weeks ago. It has 155,000 miles on it and I brought it home for $1600 dollars. Just got this baby - Imgur

Coming from a 1998 Accent it is a great improvement. The previous owner took great care of the car and provided me with a set of summer tires and wheels with a second set of winter tires and wheels.

My mechanic looked through it with a fine tooth comb and said everything is in great condition. There's just one thing I need to get used to, it is so much faster than the Accent, driving down the interstate on my way to work I definitely need to keep an eye on my speedometer, 80 feels like my old car's 55 for some reason.

This is definitely the best car I've ever owned!
Looks a lot like ours, same year and color, ours is a GT 5MT.

#8 ·
I really love the color! Mine is the 2.0 automatic but that's fine with me.

Hey dmdicks, I haven't found any receipt for the timing belt. Should I get that changed right away or wait the couple weeks until I get my state inspection done? I don't want to mess up the engine if it goes before then so I'm thinking about just calling the shop to try to get it in to get looked at.

#13 ·
Yeah definitely don't go buy appearances and all timing belts are not created equal, even ones off the same assembly line.. ;) That's why makers recommend a safe 60k change interval. Do a full kit including the water pump and pulleys at your first chance so you can start the clock over at zero. :)

#14 ·
Yeah definitely don't go buy appearances and all timing belts are not created equal, even ones off the same assembly line..
That's why makers recommend a safe 60k change interval. Do a full kit including the water pump and pulleys at your first chance so you can start the clock over at zero.
That's the plan, I'm getting her into the shop on Monday, just going to go ahead and do the inspection early and replace everything to keep track of it. Thanks for all the help buddy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.